Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2009, 09:21 AM

41 posts, read 58,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
There is no logic there at all. Assessments should only be raised when there is a legitimate need for additional money to operate the business end of things. The amount of money coming in has greatly increased every year due to the number of houses being built. How many homes were in the association when it started. Next to none of course because that is how these things begin. Now there are over 3,200 homes. That is an annual income of over $900,000 just from assessments. Plus parties at the community center, the pool, late fees, transfer applications, income from HOA owned houses.... There is more than enough income!
The logic here is that if you make it meainginful (more costly) to own a home in WC, then people will be more apt to get involved. As long as the assessments are menial, albeit not for all, but for most of us, we will continue to not have an active HO.

The amount of $$ has increased in the past, as has the utilization of the amenities. I would argue that the HOA has not kept up with the demand. When you have people standing in line to get into the pool, then the ability of the HOA to meet the demand has exceeded its capacity. We have a CC that was downsized due to the increased cost of a hurricane. We have 2 pools that do not meet our demand. We still do not have nature trails that have been discussed for the past 3 years at the Annual meeting. We have overgrown and outdated entrances to each and every village. We do not have an entrance that anyone would choose to look at. We have no land scaping at the CC. All because past BOD have not had the vision to keep up with the cost of things. I do not think we have more than enough income. I would, however, give you that the income we do have could and should be spent better.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:02 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
So Wellguy-
You're telling us basically there has been an adversarial relationship between the BOD and the HO's for at least 10 years now (and could be more, since you've been here 10 years) . I'm pretty sure the BOD and the POA was formed in 1994...so that's at least 10 out of the 15 years that this type of relationship has existed.
If HO's keep voting these clowns in...this relationship will continue.
When do candidates have to declare?
The Viilages of Westcreek was stated 86-87 .To the besat of my knowledge By Law's and a HOA was formed then or pretty close to it.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:09 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,502 times
Quote:
He seems like a good guy...but it most likely was his attitude that got him black listed.
If that is me. Yes it is more than fair to say my attitude has become very short, rude, etc. It was also very polite. Some people just cannot take suggestions, recommendations, etc. It somehow be littles them.

There is no need to not get back with folks when there is a concern, to allow the appearance of the Subdivision to go to Hell in a Hand Basket, have one hell of o pompus attitude towards Homeowners.

It is obviuos by reading back ,way back on the forum that the BOD and HOA have had problems with the Homeowner's for many years.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:22 AM

43 posts, read 55,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Joe The Dog Faced Boy View Post
Great attitude, Mr Wellguy! Your right, all we want is politeness towards
one another. If your out there BOD/HOA remember you get more flys
with honey.
None of us will agree 100% of the time. That is life and human nature. A little respect, politeness does go a long way. Ultimately we all want a similar end result. The BOD of a homeowner association is a very small governing body. We need to look at the BOD the same as we would look at the executive and legislative branches of government. The BOD is not the judicial branch but the members making up the BOD appear to want to be exactly that. We should all re-educate ourselves by reflecting on Eisenhower's 1961 address to the nation. While he was addressing the nation, much of his address can also be applied locally. Eisenhower was a very wise man in his time and we could all learn from his wisdom.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:35 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
The Viilages of Westcreek was stated 86-87 .To the besat of my knowledge By Law's and a HOA was formed then or pretty close to it.
What I meant was that the POA and HOA were merged in 1994 into what we see today..according to their home page, my mistake.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:49 AM

66 posts, read 84,019 times
Good Afternoon to all!

Remember anyone wanting to RUN for BOD POSITION

YOUR BIO HAS TO BE DELIVERED TO EJ FOR POSTING

TO NEXT NEWSLETTER BY {12/1/2009!}

GOOD LUCK TO ALL CANDIDATES!!

Old 11-29-2009, 10:53 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Quote:
Good Afternoon to all!

..and the anticipation builds. How many new candidates do you think there will be?

Old 11-29-2009, 11:17 AM

43 posts, read 55,898 times
Quote:
Good Afternoon to all!

It should also be noted that submitting your bio by 12/1 is not a requirement for being a candidate. It should only be a requirement for getting your bio in the next issue of the newsletter.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:20 AM

Default Candidates

Quote:
..and the anticipation builds. How many new candidates do you think there will be?
I personally know of 4 individuals.
I am not at liberty to tell you
their names, until BIO's have
been posted though, you
understand right?

Old 11-29-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinrogue View Post
it should also be noted that submitting your bio by 12/1 is not a requirement for being a candidate. It should only be a requirement for getting your bio in the next issue of the newsletter.
yes, goin rogue you are correct!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio