Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 05:47 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,345,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
+100. This is the straight truth. NB is a better adjusted city all the way around. The quality of life is what I would call very livable, as opposed to Seguin, which feels like a small town that never really went anywhere.
I would have said that a few years ago.

Seguin is about to get huge new shopping center, a second WalMart, and 5000 homes plotted and under construction. It is no NB but it is not the Seguin of the past.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 06:33 PM

520 posts, read 781,760 times
My niece lives in Seguin, it's not a bad place - just as others have said, not much going on. Not to be contrarian, but a new Walmart and shopping center are convenience features and don't really add to quality of life.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyVaquero View Post
My niece lives in Seguin, it's not a bad place - just as others have said, not much going on. Not to be contrarian, but a new Walmart and shopping center are convenience features and don't really add to quality of life.
You for got that new tubing spot and ZDT's

Old 03-02-2017, 02:23 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,774,133 times
ZDT's is fun if you have never been there before but I am not sure I would go more than once.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:29 PM

4,840 posts, read 3,267,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
I would have said that a few years ago.

Seguin is about to get huge new shopping center, a second WalMart, and 5000 homes plotted and under construction. It is no NB but it is not the Seguin of the past.

We chose to stay in Seguin 6 years ago after looking extensively in New Braunfels. Ultimately, it was the traffic in NB that kept us in Seguin... and six years later, I'm glad we stayed here (just out of the city proper and in the Navarro ISD). Traffic in NB is much worse now, and getting worse still by the month.

As to the comment about Seguin getting a huge new shopping center... all I say is they've been talking about that for quite a while now... and in just the past couple years, Creekside in New Braunfels has literally doubled in size and snatched up every restaurant or retail store of any measure. I'm not at all sure what they're planning on putting in Seguin, and last I heard anything about it, they didn't know either.

As to the new Walmart, I seem to recall reading about an 18 month delay because they had to do some unexpected grading/drainage work... but that was a whole long time back, and far as I can see there's nothing going on there. I'm not fan of Walmart, but from my handful of most recent visits (very rare), they don't have the traffic to keep THAT store open... let alone build a new one. What they should do is sell that location to HEB.

I like Seguin for the location. Easy drive to San Antonio, New Braunfels and San Marcos. But the decision was made quite some time ago to keep 'growth' measured. I expect they had (have) a long term plan... maybe expecting some kind of magic pill from the toll-road... but most folks know what a disaster that's been. I think they're too late. New Braunfels is where it's at if you can abide the traffic.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
We chose to stay in Seguin 6 years ago after looking extensively in New Braunfels. Ultimately, it was the traffic in NB that kept us in Seguin... and six years later, I'm glad we stayed here (just out of the city proper and in the Navarro ISD). Traffic in NB is much worse now, and getting worse still by the month.

As to the comment about Seguin getting a huge new shopping center... all I say is they've been talking about that for quite a while now... and in just the past couple years, Creekside in New Braunfels has literally doubled in size and snatched up every restaurant or retail store of any measure. I'm not at all sure what they're planning on putting in Seguin, and last I heard anything about it, they didn't know either.

As to the new Walmart, I seem to recall reading about an 18 month delay because they had to do some unexpected grading/drainage work... but that was a whole long time back, and far as I can see there's nothing going on there. I'm not fan of Walmart, but from my handful of most recent visits (very rare), they don't have the traffic to keep THAT store open... let alone build a new one. What they should do is sell that location to HEB.

I like Seguin for the location. Easy drive to San Antonio, New Braunfels and San Marcos. But the decision was made quite some time ago to keep 'growth' measured. I expect they had (have) a long term plan... maybe expecting some kind of magic pill from the toll-road... but most folks know what a disaster that's been. I think they're too late. New Braunfels is where it's at if you can abide the traffic.

I know you like the area for the slow growth but that just will not be staying.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:18 AM

4,840 posts, read 3,267,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
I know you like the area for the slow growth but that just will not be staying.
Didn't say I like the slow growth... I said the New Braunfels traffic was out of control.

The growth (or not) of Seguin doesn't really affect me. Just think they could've made some better decisions if they'd wanted to grow before everything had already moved to New Braunfels, San Marcos, or San Antonio.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:52 AM

If Sequin does get the shopping center and wal-mart, you can certainly count on growth at a faster rate with worse traffic. Kinda like the whole "if you build it, they will come" statement.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:20 AM

9,850 posts, read 13,692,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
If Sequin does get the shopping center and wal-mart, you can certainly count on growth at a faster rate with worse traffic. Kinda like the whole "if you build it, they will come" statement.
Sequin won't be getting anything. Seguin will, though.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Sequin won't be getting anything. Seguin will, though.
Haha...thanks for the correction. Monday morning and all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio