Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 07:43 PM

330 posts, read 587,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
You're criticizing your own post?!?
I took it to mean that he was feeling a little overwhelmed by what can come along with loving a person with chronic health issues (which is understandable). I might be way off though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 08:56 AM

993 posts, read 2,491,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionallyBlank View Post
I took it to mean that he was feeling a little overwhelmed by what can come along with loving a person with chronic health issues (which is understandable). I might be way off though.
Yes, beyond overwhelmed. My wife has not been able to work for almost two months due to her health condition and she is 28 years old, mind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFD_Wife View Post
This whole thread is ridiculous considering the point of the OP. Not pay for EMS care? Really?! If SA throws out city-run EMS services to Acadian or some other privatized service, you can expect to pay A LOT more than $100! For crying out loud, some people...

Oh, I could get way off topic on this.
Believe me, I pay tons of medical bills, and if I am to be billed and it is warranted and on my EOB, I will pay, but I just want everyone to know what happens when you call EMS. You are going to pay for it. So just be prepared. Yes, I can't imagine what Acadian charges or some private Med Evac. I am sure it is out of this world, I can not even imagine. Just so you know SAFD_Wife, my wife and I are both suffering, with this bout of recurrent IBD. So go off-topic, but know what the circumstances were before you start criticizing.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:26 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Having never been unfortunate enough to need them....does the fire department bill you if they come to put out a fire at your home?

Old 07-20-2012, 09:27 AM

330 posts, read 587,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newk View Post
Yes, beyond overwhelmed. My wife has not been able to work for almost two months due to her health condition and she is 28 years old, mind you.

Believe me, I pay tons of medical bills, and if I am to be billed and it is warranted and on my EOB, I will pay, but I just want everyone to know what happens when you call EMS. You are going to pay for it. So just be prepared. Yes, I can't imagine what Acadian charges or some private Med Evac. I am sure it is out of this world, I can not even imagine. Just so you know SAFD_Wife, my wife and I are both suffering, with this bout of recurrent IBD. So go off-topic, but know what the circumstances were before you start criticizing.
Sorry, Newk. My thoughts are with you guys.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,125 times
Driving their vehicles, using their equipment, and they are on the clock getting paid to come help u so u would definaty get a bill.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:59 AM

Bill is $111, insurance paid $13.45. Unbelievable. Don't call EMS!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:07 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times
You have a few days left to see the postsecret secret regarding this very issue. It is way towards the bottom of secrets.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
You have a few days left to see the postsecret secret regarding this very issue. It is way towards the bottom of secrets.
Got it.

Last edited by Newk; 08-03-2012 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: Had no idea what Merovee was talking about, but I got it now.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:24 AM

4,330 posts, read 7,237,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Having never been unfortunate enough to need them....does the fire department bill you if they come to put out a fire at your home?
No, but there are a number of local private providers of emergency ambulance services. You could always call one of them, instead of using the City's EMS. Of course, there would still be fees. That's probably why the City's EMS charges fees, because the alternative private providers also charge, as I'm sure they did back when they were the only option here. I still haven't seen an answer to my earlier inquiry, as to whether San Antonio is the exception in charging fees for emergency medical services, compared to other cities and communities across the country.

I don't know of any private companies you can call, as an alternative, to put out a fire at your home. Fires also can become a general public safety issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newk View Post
Bill is $111, insurance paid $13.45. Unbelievable. Don't call EMS!
That's unusual. Most insurance picks up the tab for emergency transportation to the hospital, or at least pays most of it.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
No, but there are a number of local private providers of emergency ambulance services. You could always call one of them, instead of using the City's EMS. Of course, there would still be fees. That's probably why the City's EMS charges fees, because the alternative private providers also charge, as I'm sure they did back when they were the only option here. I still haven't seen an answer to my earlier inquiry, as to whether San Antonio is the exception in charging fees for emergency medical services, compared to other cities and communities across the country.

I don't know of any private companies you can call, as an alternative, to put out a fire at your home. Fires also can become a general public safety issue.

That's unusual. Most insurance picks up the tab for emergency transportation to the hospital, or at least pays most of it.
There was no transportation, they just took her vitals and left. I just can't believe they charge for that. It is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio