Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 07:27 PM

11 posts, read 33,284 times

Advertisements

"Seriously?"

Yes, seriously. I'm not concerned about statistics from Dallas, Miami, or any other city for that matter.

Those aren't claims for graduation rates, they are facts. www.utsa.edu/today/2006/03/graduation.cfm
www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA061506.UTSA.EN.89344839.html

I'm done conversing with you. You win. San Antonio should get an MLB team. The workforce is educated, blue collar jobs are not abound, and UTSA graduates a plethora of students who all stay in SA for post-grad employment.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 08:23 PM

925 posts, read 1,228,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye210 View Post
"Seriously?"

Yes, seriously. I'm not concerned about statistics from Dallas, Miami, or any other city for that matter.
The same statistic you used to label San Antonio "blue collar" can be applied to multiple cities, which I listed. Do you not understand that?

I'm glad the University is doing its best to solve the low graduation problem.

Quote:
I'm done conversing with you. You win. San Antonio should get an MLB team. The workforce is educated, blue collar jobs are not abound, and UTSA graduates a plethora of students who all stay in SA for post-grad employment.
Once you go the immature, condescending route, yes I do win.

I agree, discussion ended.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:18 PM

Insomniac, it seems that you and 210 have much in common. Always taking issue with ANYTHING that doesn't fit in to your rosey view of San Antonio, even if it's based on fact. There are literally hundreds of posts where you are arguing with someone, correcting them, insulting them, or expounding on how perfect San Antonio is. Put down your SA pom-poms for a few minutes and come back to reality.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:28 PM

First, you have 6 posts, your first post was made yesterday. 210 has been banned for a few months now. So how are you familiar with 210's distinct posting style? Interesting. Maybe the PM I received earlier today was correct in its question. Second, please don't use the word literally when you know in fact you are extremely over-exaggerating. Third, I've never insulted a poster on this forum and I know this because it's not in my nature and because I've never had a moderator private message me issuing me a warning or reprimand me for something I did. Now don't you think they'd have at least done that if there were literally hundreds of posts by me insulting posters? Lastly, I have no pom-poms nor any reasons to have any. I'm not a native of this city and moved here in 2003 so I don't have some long storied history. I deal in reality which is why you are probably having so much trouble with me. With all that said, why not fess up to who you really are, what handle were you before this new one?

Old 11-12-2007, 09:33 PM

Actually, no I'm not over-exaggerating, so I will use the word literally. And, yes, I've viewed this forum for quite awhile before posting.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:40 PM

I'd really love it if you could provide just 10 threads or posts in which I insult someone or gratuitously argue with them, heck, even where I expound how perfect San Antonio is (I've never done that). Also, please don't feel offended when I say I find it hard to believe your claim of 'first time caller, long time listener'.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:46 PM

30 posts, read 135,015 times
Can we PLEASE get back on topic?

I read this post for views on MLB in San Antonio. I hate reading two pages of back and forth arguing.

Anyway, like I said in my earlier post, I would prefer minor league baseball in this city rather than MLB. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the current stadium, but I would love if the Missions could get a new stadium built with an "old-timey" brick look but modern feel, maybe downtown. Just me dreaming...

Old 11-13-2007, 09:59 PM

I apologize Raider, yes, back on topic as it seems the instigator has left (probably involuntary).

Old 11-14-2007, 10:25 AM

Wrong. And, I wasn't instigating anything.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:31 PM

305 posts, read 1,618,928 times
Well, I think MLB would be a tough sell anywhere. MLB has become New York and Boston centric and the rest for the most part has been forgotten. I think that is why teams like the Marlins (with outstanding success) have been dying on the vine. I agree with the posters that minor league baseball works in SA and I think will work for years. There is a lot of history in the Missions and for that matter the Texas League. However, I think SA needs to pursue a pro football team. It would sell in SA. I will give you the Colts as a great example. Indianapolis is very similar in size to SA, no big D1 school in the town, (a red herring of an arguement) and may actually be a little smaller. The economy has been tough and we have lost a lot of industry. As an added dimension, the news media rails in about the brain drain in Indy. Plus Indianapolis is MUCH closer to Chicago than SA is to Dallas and for that matter Cincy and St Louis as well. But guess what, the Colts are #1 in the city and have been for a long time before the Super Bowl run. There are tons of Bear fans here, but the Colts have always been able to draw well because Bear fans like FOOTBALL and will go to the game. Downtown Indy was dead before the Colts came to town and it has prospered since. Downtown SA is ahead of Indy in this regard, and a football team would be outstanding if the team is placed downtown. It would take an owner, the likes of Al Davis that can stand up and challenge the NFL and believe in the city. I thought Red McCombs was going to do it and then Tom Benson. They may have not worked out, but you never know, there are a number of lousy teams out there that may be lured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio