Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2013, 02:30 PM

268 posts, read 594,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
Speisen European Cuisine is opening soon
7115 Blanco Rd #110

I hope this is not by the same owners of the previous 2 joints here, an Italian and a Mexican Restaurant which were not really good.

Update: They also own Guajillos at the corner of Loop 410 and Blanco and the owner on the following link is shown as the "chef Team" at the "new restaurant". Seems awfully suspicious. Our Story

Italian, Mexican, and now European Cuisine ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,123,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getgoing2010 View Post

I hope this is not by the same owners of the previous 2 joints here, an Italian and a Mexican Restaurant which were not really good.

Update: They also own Guajillos at the corner of Loop 410 and Blanco and the owner on the following link is shown as the "chef Team" at the "new restaurant". Seems awfully suspicious. Our Story

You sure you're describing the right location? It sounds like you're describing the location on Blanco near Hardberger Park that has seen a cavalcade of restaurants fail in the past 10 years.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:46 PM

268 posts, read 594,162 times
Bo:

Double checked all the locations and it is the one I'm talking about at 410 and Blanco outside the loop in Castlehills. It's the same place where Demo's is located.

It used to be an Italian and most recently a Mexican restaurant where the new Speisen is going in. I live nearby in Castlehills.

Update to add:

Check this link, there is a picture of the store front. http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/39/17405...ne-San-Antonio

Old 03-30-2013, 07:11 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvp View Post
Possibly because SA is a saturated market for that type of restaurant. I just checked, there's a little over 50 Jim's/Denny's/IHops just within the city limits of San Antonio. Village Inn came into town not too long ago and couldn't find room. Now, the only place you can find them in Texas is El Paso.

Btw, magnolia pancake haus beats them all.
Yeah the Mag does beat them all!

Im guessing that Waffle House hasnt moved into SA because of Jims,IHOP and Dennys. I bet if they built one right in front of UTSA, it would rock!

Another Rami's Pizza is now open on 7806 Callaghan Rd
Rami's Pizza - Homemade Italian Food

Old 03-30-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:

Speisen European Cuisine

looks like Guajillos owns it

Old 03-31-2013, 04:32 PM

23 posts, read 88,693 times
Default NW Military and 1604

Sorry if already posted, but what is under construction at the southeast corner across from Exxon? Seems to be fast food or Starbucks.

Thanks for the insight!

Old 03-31-2013, 04:58 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover82 View Post
Sorry if already posted, but what is under construction at the southeast corner across from Exxon? Seems to be fast food or Starbucks.

Thanks for the insight!
Starbucks.

See the thread: San Antonio Area - New Restaurant Openings -and- Restaurant Closings

Old 03-31-2013, 06:26 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,971,361 times
Quote:

Same owners as Guajillos. Their mother is Austrian and the chef went to culinary school in Austria. The chef worked with Wolfgang Puck in Mexico City and speaks fluent German. I have high hopes for the place, you can't get any real good goulash and spaetzle in this city.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXEX06 View Post
Same owners as Guajillos. Their mother is Austrian and the chef went to culinary school in Austria. The chef worked with Wolfgang Puck in Mexico City and speaks fluent German. I have high hopes for the place, you can't get any real good goulash and spaetzle in this city.
not many places that serve good spaetzle! We need more German restaurants here

Old 04-01-2013, 11:32 PM

715 posts, read 1,357,088 times
Dunkin donuts also opening up on Walzem rd. Don't know if that's been posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio