Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2020, 11:50 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,781,863 times

Advertisements

I don't know if it has been mentioned here or not but I saw that Torchy's is going up where P.Terry's is also going up in the medical center.

Intersection of Wurzbach and Fredericksburg on the site of the former Aldo's Italian restaurant.

Medical Center is getting a lot of development these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2020, 12:50 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,350,902 times
Velvet Taco and a "popular Austin restaurant" is coming to 1604 @ 10 near Vance Jackson.

http://edge-re.com/property/rim-crossing/

Old 12-07-2020, 02:14 PM

9,852 posts, read 13,704,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I don't know if it has been mentioned here or not but I saw that Torchy's is going up where P.Terry's is also going up in the medical center.

Intersection of Wurzbach and Fredericksburg on the site of the former Aldo's Italian restaurant.

Medical Center is getting a lot of development these days.
Don't Austin my San Antonio....until you try the cookie butter shake at P. Terry's. Also I feel like the talk of the P Terry's has been going on for 84 years and I need it to open for my next trip home. (And yes there's one in San Marcos and New Braunfels, but the Med Center location will be close to home base in SA).

Old 12-07-2020, 02:38 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,781,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Don't Austin my San Antonio....until you try the cookie butter shake at P. Terry's. Also I feel like the talk of the P Terry's has been going on for 84 years and I need it to open for my next trip home. (And yes there's one in San Marcos and New Braunfels, but the Med Center location will be close to home base in SA).
Haha...as ghetto it may sound. For me, Dairy Queen beats everyone else for ice cream.

So what other burger restaurant closely resembles P. Terry's in in terms of hamburger flavor and style? Trying to understand if they serve like big fat home-style burgers or just thin ones like Culvers.

Torchy's doesn't really excite me as I have already been to their AH location. Plenty of better and cheaper options (IMHO) for tacos around Medical Center but I do understand their style of tacos fit a niche market that no other taco place really does.

Last edited by Azure110; 12-07-2020 at 02:49 PM..

Old 12-07-2020, 04:12 PM

9,852 posts, read 13,704,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Haha...as ghetto it may sound. For me, Dairy Queen beats everyone else for ice cream.

So what other burger restaurant closely resembles P. Terry's in in terms of hamburger flavor and style? Trying to understand if they serve like big fat home-style burgers or just thin ones like Culvers.

Torchy's doesn't really excite me as I have already been to their AH location. Plenty of better and cheaper options (IMHO) for tacos around Medical Center but I do understand their style of tacos fit a niche market that no other taco place really does.
They’re in and out like. The fries are skinny. The menu isn’t large but it’s solid. The egg sandwich for breakfast is pretty yummy too. The shakes aren’t like going to an ice cream place like marble slav, but they hit the spot.

Old 12-07-2020, 05:37 PM

1,038 posts, read 877,398 times
Brasserie Mon Chou Chou.

Not a chain. Not fast-food. Not another same ol, same ol concept.

San Antonio has needed this for awhile.

https://www.brasseriemonchouchou.com/

Old 12-07-2020, 05:52 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,503,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
Brasserie Mon Chou Chou.

That does look good. Can't wait to dine without worrying about Covid restrictions.

Old 12-07-2020, 06:43 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,840,234 times
Quote:
Brasserie Mon Chou Chou.

Doesn't do much for my palate - but having said that, yeah - good to see something truly different! Hopefully, it'll encourage others to step out from the pack!!

Old 12-08-2020, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Brasserie Mon Chou Chou.

We had Basserie Pavel on Huebner and 1604 but it did not last. This seems to be in food centric area of the city so I hope it works well.

Old 12-08-2020, 07:45 AM

New San Antonio food truck park The Divide on Babcock Road is child- and dog-friendly

https://www.mysanantonio.com/food/re...n-15670506.php

New restaurant, takeaway market Bar Loretta opening soon in home of Madhatters Tea House in King William

https://www.mysanantonio.com/food/re...a-15763876.php
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio