Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2021, 02:58 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,775,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Every time I’m in town I check to see the update on P Terry’s. Looks like it’s soon!

https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...L2iy6uyd-DaOiw
I think it is July 5th when they open. I didn't read your linked article but I was told this by someone else.

I have been watching also because it is near me and need a new burger spot. My last few visits to my former favorite local burger spot has been a disappointment lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2021, 04:01 PM

9,850 posts, read 13,693,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I think it is July 5th when they open. I didn't read your linked article but I was told this by someone else.

I have been watching also because it is near me and need a new burger spot. My last few visits to my former favorite local burger spot has been a disappointment lately.
It’s a solid cheap choice. It’s a limited menu of burger, cheeseburger, chicken and maybe spicy chicken given the season. Fries, shakes, cookies and an egg sandwich for breakfast. Their shake of the month is usually stellar. It may take a few goes to get the feels for it, but once you do, not a lot can compare.

Old 06-23-2021, 03:16 PM

950 posts, read 1,258,966 times
A co-worker Jason, wanted to try Muck and Fuss in New braunfels this weekend for his birthday, but it was packed. Then they thought they'd go to P.Terry's but it was drive through only,so went another place. The P Terry's is on the IH35 Access Road.From Google maps looks like it's by the olive Garden, but I'd have to double check.The Hat Creek Burger on Loop 1604 in Live Oak was very good. They have a playground(covered) for small kids, and it's near the At Home store. Home Town Burger is also up there. You can see it from th access road, and It's closer to the Good Will and James Avery.

Old 06-23-2021, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritos56 View Post
A co-worker Jason, wanted to try Muck and Fuss in New braunfels this weekend for his birthday, but it was packed. Then they thought they'd go to P.Terry's but it was drive through only,so went another place. The P Terry's is on the IH35 Access Road.From Google maps looks like it's by the olive Garden, but I'd have to double check.The Hat Creek Burger on Loop 1604 in Live Oak was very good. They have a playground(covered) for small kids, and it's near the At Home store. Home Town Burger is also up there. You can see it from th access road, and It's closer to the Good Will and James Avery.
Hat creek is pretty solid, and I think most locations have playgrounds. Up here we have a few burger/playground options. I know there’s a few in SA too.

The P Terry’s in San Marcos is not a drive through and is in between the CM Allen and outlets exit. It has a pretty large done in area. There are a handful of P Terry’s locations that are just drive thrus. Two come to mind immediately. I hope the Medical Center one is dine in.

Old 07-02-2021, 08:39 AM

950 posts, read 1,258,966 times
Well supposedly according to Jason, the new braunfels one is drive thru only, but may check it out my self.yeah, I like Hat Creek Burgers. Haven't tried the Wayback Burgers in Live Oak yet. Have to go to the doctor at 1:00. to go over blood test results. Hopefully I can get out by 1:30 or 2 Pm and I can go to the Forum and may try eating at Wayback Burgers.
Also the company that owns Taco Cabana sold it, to concentrate on Pollo Tropical.Had one of those in Schertz, but it now sits empty, has been for several years. Either they weren't getting the business th company thought, or it was bad management that killed it.

Old 07-02-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritos56 View Post
Also the company that owns Taco Cabana sold it, to concentrate on Pollo Tropical.Had one of those in Schertz, but it now sits empty, has been for several years. Either they weren't getting the business th company thought, or it was bad management that killed it.
They made a massive push right as I was transitioning to Austin to open a bunch of the Pollo Tropical locations. I never went to one and recall seeing a lot close even before I left in late 2015. I would think even back then they'd realize it was a mess. I just hope the new company that takes on TC's doesn't start adding burritos and all their California crap. Taco Cabana is fast Tex-Mex, not California Mexican.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:36 AM

1,032 posts, read 875,099 times
The TC sale only cements my loyalty to Taco Palenque and Las Palapas

Old 07-05-2021, 01:14 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
It’s a solid cheap choice. It’s a limited menu of burger, cheeseburger, chicken and maybe spicy chicken given the season. Fries, shakes, cookies and an egg sandwich for breakfast. Their shake of the month is usually stellar. It may take a few goes to get the feels for it, but once you do, not a lot can compare.
I went to PTerry's today and had the cheeseburger combo. It was pretty good but I didn't care for the fries.

I decided to dine-in and it was an interesting atmosphere. Kind of like EZ's but in a more minimalist way...maybe that isn't a good way to put it though.

Old 07-05-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I went to PTerry's today and had the cheeseburger combo. It was pretty good but I didn't care for the fries.

I decided to dine-in and it was an interesting atmosphere. Kind of like EZ's but in a more minimalist way...maybe that isn't a good way to put it though.
I can see the EZ’s comparison, but I feel like P Terry’s from my dine-in experience is just like another fast food place. Nothing special. Try to fries in a few weeks to see if they get better. They’ll always been thin, though. If you’re not a fan of thin pencil fries then you will never like the fries. But, hold out for the cookie butter shake. It is amazing. But….just saw the shake of the month is birthday cake. I bet it’s equally as good as the cookie butter one.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:18 PM

1,032 posts, read 875,099 times
I just don't get the big deal over yet another burger joint in San Antonio.

I am, however, excited about the new eateries coming to Pearl this fall, as well as a new location of Pinch Boil House in Alamo Heights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio