Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2021, 06:07 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,781,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
I just don't get the big deal over yet another burger joint in San Antonio.
No one said it was a big deal. It is just discussion of a new burger "joint" in town followed by some feedback after opening day. Get over yourself. It is not all about what you think when it comes to dining options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 12:40 PM

9,852 posts, read 13,701,644 times
Quote:
I just don't get the big deal over yet another burger joint in San Antonio.

I am, however, excited about the new eateries coming to Pearl this fall, as well as a new location of Pinch Boil House in Alamo Heights.
It's a new restaurant opening and closing thread. The place recently opened and it's got several locations where I live. I was sharing my experience with it.

Old 07-07-2021, 01:32 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
Brenner's Steakhouse is opening on the riverwalk soon.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:30 PM

1,038 posts, read 876,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
No one said it was a big deal. It is just discussion of a new burger "joint" in town followed by some feedback after opening day. Get over yourself. It is not all about what you think when it comes to dining options.
You don't need to reply to my posts... LOL.

I'll post as I see fit, considering I travel and eat out a lot more than most here.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
It's a new restaurant opening and closing thread. The place recently opened and it's got several locations where I live. I was sharing my experience with it.
I have no issue with what you shared.

My comment was more to every local media organization running a story, as well as 'influencers' in town talking it up.

I put that in quotes because it's basically a misnomer in San Antonio

Old 07-07-2021, 07:26 PM

9,852 posts, read 13,701,644 times
Quote:
I have no issue with what you shared.

My comment was more to every local media organization running a story, as well as 'influencers' in town talking it up.

I put that in quotes because it's basically a misnomer in San Antonio
It’s what works these days. I don’t get “influencer” culture, but remember it’s an Austin based company so they’re going to go heavy on the social media.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:01 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,781,863 times
Quote:
You don't need to reply to my posts... LOL.

I'll post as I see fit, considering I travel and eat out a lot more than most here.
You can post what you want but expect backlash when you act holier than thou when it comes to discussion of local dining options. Simple as that.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
It’s what works these days. I don’t get “influencer” culture, but remember it’s an Austin based company so they’re going to go heavy on the social media.

You make a good point. It's the new normal, as it were.

Old 07-12-2021, 12:02 PM

950 posts, read 1,260,095 times
Come on folks, let's not fight.I tried Home Town burgers and it's good.Went to the one By Hat Creek Burger in Live Oak, or is that considered San Antonio.Anyway the burger was hot ,juicy and fresh.Got the onion rings instead of fries.Nice coating, think it's what they use for their fried mushrooms which i need to try. You can actually drive around the building to pick up your stuff. Will go back for sure, same for Hat Creek. Went to Five Guys Saturday at the Forum, cost me $19.00 for just one person,.For that i could have eaten at red Robin, or Sea Island or Macaroni Grill.Heck could have gone to Olive Garden. Also there is a new place, think it's some kind of chain called Ten Minute Yunnan Rice Noodles.Brand new, need to pick up a menu.
Also, don't know if anyone comes out to the Schertz-Cibolo area, but there is a new restaurant on Main Street in Cibolo called The Rooted Fork. They only do breakfast and lunch. It was a nice day, so people were eating out side on picnic tables, plus inside.Good crowd. Also Pollo Los Nortenos is behind the closed IHOP on Walzem.Thought it was a Chicken Express, but no. They have grilled chicken, beef, and whatever else.May try them if i go to DDiscounts or Dirt Cheap some time to check them out.

Old 07-12-2021, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritos56 View Post
Come on folks, let's not fight.I tried Home Town burgers and it's good.Went to the one By Hat Creek Burger in Live Oak, or is that considered San Antonio.Anyway the burger was hot ,juicy and fresh.Got the onion rings instead of fries.Nice coating, think it's what they use for their fried mushrooms which i need to try. You can actually drive around the building to pick up your stuff. Will go back for sure, same for Hat Creek. Went to Five Guys Saturday at the Forum, cost me $19.00 for just one person,.For that i could have eaten at red Robin, or Sea Island or Macaroni Grill.Heck could have gone to Olive Garden. Also there is a new place, think it's some kind of chain called Ten Minute Yunnan Rice Noodles.Brand new, need to pick up a menu.
Also, don't know if anyone comes out to the Schertz-Cibolo area, but there is a new restaurant on Main Street in Cibolo called The Rooted Fork. They only do breakfast and lunch. It was a nice day, so people were eating out side on picnic tables, plus inside.Good crowd. Also Pollo Los Nortenos is behind the closed IHOP on Walzem.Thought it was a Chicken Express, but no. They have grilled chicken, beef, and whatever else.May try them if i go to DDiscounts or Dirt Cheap some time to check them out.
Wrong thread.

You should have posted this in the 'Last Thing I Ate' masterthread.

SA, Last Restaurant/Place You Ate At
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio