Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 04:01 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,424,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I'm building a gym in the room my son doesn't live in anymore. It's way more convenient that way
I had a similar setup, but with the house on the market, we had to clean it up. I *have* a bench and some dumbbells in the garage, but we bought a camper and I don't have room anymore.

I'd like to get a bowflex, but we'll have to see. A gym membership is the most viable for us right now - I don't want one of those 24 hr places. I was looking at the Gold's on Bandera. A good gym out here would be awesome...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 04:03 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
I ordered a Bowflex and hopefully it's as good as they claim. otherwise I'll be taking advantage of their satisfaction guarantee

Old 05-20-2008, 04:04 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,699,797 times
YES!!! It is worth the money! They have more machines than I've seen at other gyms, I think they upkeep them better too. I'm always seeing people cleaning them, checking the belts, repairing things that need repaired, etc. At my last gym there were always tredmills, etc. broken, but not at Spectrum. Plus, their kids area alone is worth the money! I love being able to go out on the weekends and let them watch our son for a few hours and I love that they entertain the kids while you work out and plan activities for them. Also, their classes are awesome and I feel like I'm getting a really great trainer or teacher, not just some guy off the street. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I can't wait for the one at Potranco. That's why I'm like PLEASE HURRY WITH THE SPECTRUM! I hate driving all the way up to Tezel, Guilbeau. If I wanted to get in all of that traffic and drive that distance I would have moved up there. I want to stay in my little part of town. Boo. Anway, I've raved about Spectrum so much, should I ask them if I can do their PR?

Old 05-20-2008, 04:11 PM

Ok, mojo, I'm sold! :P Now let's see when they'll open one down here...

Old 05-20-2008, 04:12 PM

732 posts, read 3,553,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
YES!!! It is worth the money! They have more machines than I've seen at other gyms, I think they upkeep them better too. I'm always seeing people cleaning them, checking the belts, repairing things that need repaired, etc. At my last gym there were always tredmills, etc. broken, but not at Spectrum. Plus, their kids area alone is worth the money! I love being able to go out on the weekends and let them watch our son for a few hours and I love that they entertain the kids while you work out and plan activities for them. Also, their classes are awesome and I feel like I'm getting a really great trainer or teacher, not just some guy off the street. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I can't wait for the one at Potranco. That's why I'm like PLEASE HURRY WITH THE SPECTRUM! I hate driving all the way up to Tezel, Guilbeau. If I wanted to get in all of that traffic and drive that distance I would have moved up there. I want to stay in my little part of town. Boo. Anway, I've raved about Spectrum so much, should I ask them if I can do their PR?
So...how much does a membership there run these days? I like the idea of a kids are and childcare.....Sometimes I REALLY need some ME time!.....

Old 05-20-2008, 04:17 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,699,797 times
Midori, I totally know what you are talking about. Call me a bad mom, but when I'm having a particularly bad day with DS, I will go to the gym, dump him off at the kid zone, and work out. Some mornings, I'll go work out, then afterwards sit there with a cup of coffee (oh yeah, free coffee too!) and read my magazine on their couch. I call it my body, mind, and spirit rejuvination!

I can't really remember how much we paid, I do know it was $$$. You have to pay for a membership for you, your spouse, and each child. I think it was something like $125 a month or something. It's worth it to us because we feel like it's an important part of our life (working out). Not that you could tell by looking at me!

Old 05-20-2008, 04:30 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,003,007 times
Not sure if you guys have sen this.

The Town Center as Alamo Ranch San Antonio, Texas

Old 05-20-2008, 04:39 PM

1,241 posts, read 4,335,117 times
My wife and I pay $81.00 a month. You have access to everything. It's always clean!!

Old 05-20-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Not sure if you guys have sen this.

The Town Center as Alamo Ranch San Antonio, Texas
Any more info on this?? Another shopping center?

Old 05-20-2008, 05:14 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,142 times
Mojo ~ that does NOT make you a bad mom! It makes you a GREAT mom, cause you know that you need some sanity time!

And I'd LOVE to see a Spectrum over here, too!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio