Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 09:37 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,011,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Wow! Those are big homes for a retirement place. My first thought was Del Webb isn't going to like this but then read the article. It is Del web. Wonder where it's going to go.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:05 AM

161 posts, read 227,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teenwolf80 View Post
First off, there isn't a pawn shop in Alamo Ranch. Big deal if there were one. There are pawn shops in Beverly Hills.

Second, that trailer park, across Culebra from AR, has even there for 25 plus years.

Lastly, Santikos finances their own developments.
My apologies if I'm wrong on that one... something is on Culebra by DD...It has a big sign that says "Money" or "Cash"... anyway, it's tacky.
How LONG the trailer park has been there was not my point.
As far as the theatre...then what is the hold-up and why can't they commit to start? This theatre was supposed to be built in 2007 or 08 at Potranco.
There is still quite a few empty spaces in AR that have went unfilled. I don't see the quality of dining establishments in SO willing to take a chance over here, either. We seem to get second/third-tier offerings.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:20 AM

501 posts, read 949,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollygagger428 View Post
My apologies if I'm wrong on that one... something is on Culebra by DD...It has a big sign that says "Money" or "Cash"... anyway, it's tacky.
How LONG the trailer park has been there was not my point.
As far as the theatre...then what is the hold-up and why can't they commit to start? This theatre was supposed to be built in 2007 or 08 at Potranco.
There is still quite a few empty spaces in AR that have went unfilled. I don't see the quality of dining establishments in SO willing to take a chance over here, either. We seem to get second/third-tier offerings.
Again , AR isn't stone oak. It never intended to compete with stone oak. Also again, the actual "Stone Oak" is a lot smaller than the areas people call stone oak. Why I'm saying is that the restaurants you're talking about not only pull from stone oak but other upper class neighborhoods outside of stone oak. Alamo ranch doesn't have that type of situation going on.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:17 AM

502 posts, read 934,703 times
See this is why I said it was funny and makes me chuckle. How many housing units does stone oak have? And the trailer park? Yeah..... These are the reasons why we get sub par business. Look at the new golds not in ar but in the area and that thing is pathetic compared to what the upper class side of town gets. My point is AR was supposed to be upperclass but all it did was feed on the people that are living off credit cards and no real wealth. AR Is one big profile from the corporate world. The Rim is new and is 10 time what Alamo ranch is on a quality level. Of course the numbers are gonna look good everybody moved out there thinking they were keeping up with the jonses...and nice seeing all empty spaces or nail salons and chain restraunts lol all AR accomplished was larger tragic jams.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:18 AM

502 posts, read 934,703 times
It was better with the filed of cows lol

Old 08-27-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptech210 View Post
See this is why I said it was funny and makes me chuckle. How many housing units does stone oak have? And the trailer park? Yeah..... These are the reasons why we get sub par business. Look at the new golds not in ar but in the area and that thing is pathetic compared to what the upper class side of town gets. My point is AR was supposed to be upperclass but all it did was feed on the people that are living off credit cards and no real wealth. AR Is one big profile from the corporate world. The Rim is new and is 10 time what Alamo ranch is on a quality level. Of course the numbers are gonna look good everybody moved out there thinking they were keeping up with the jonses...and nice seeing all empty spaces or nail salons and chain restraunts lol all AR accomplished was larger tragic jams.
Pleae stop posing in big blocks of text. Paragraphs are your friend. Besides that, I have no real idea what you're trying to get across. One big profile from the corporate world...? What!?

Anyway, Alamo Ranch was never intended to be an upscale master-planned community. It's was always a MPC with different price points. It had 190k homes an 350k homes as well as a Del Webb community. It's a middle class development with a few upper class areas.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptech210 View Post
It was better with the filed of cows lol

Old 08-27-2013, 11:48 AM

427 posts, read 1,174,712 times
Again I don't love the direction AR is headed in. I don't mind having to drive 20 mins or more to visit places I need to go. I feel sorry for the people who bought homes along Alamo Parkway and now have to look at a CVS store that's "lit up like a Christmas tree" at night.

That said, I have a lot of friend here who aren't living on credit and can actually afford to live here and pay their mortgages just fine.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:18 PM

188 posts, read 447,972 times
Quote:
First off, there isn't a pawn shop in Alamo Ranch. Big deal if there were one. There are pawn shops in Beverly Hills.
Just so you know, the name of the business is Money Mart Pawn. It is a pawn shop and it cheapens the image of the area.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:33 PM

161 posts, read 227,252 times
Quote:
Pleae stop posing in big blocks of text. Paragraphs are your friend. Besides that, I have no real idea what you're trying to get across. One big profile from the corporate world...? What!?

Anyway, Alamo Ranch was never intended to be an upscale master-planned community. It's was always a MPC with different price points. It had 190k homes an 350k homes as well as a Del Webb community. It's a middle class development with a few upper class areas.
This is exactly the problem I have with the whole far-westside, including AR. Too many different price- points and homes that are still struggling to sell. I know the house I'm in is a rental because of the boom/bust. It's a beautiful home that would not be underwater in another zipcode.
You had- and still have, in my opinion- too many price-points close together, which translates to many different incomes. The development gets "marketed" as a certain type of neighborhood, and then another builder comes in, buys lots, and puts cheaper houses up.
Why would I want to buy a $350,000 house, knowing down the road is $150,000 house? I just don't get that. But I do think it explains what we are discussing with AR Marketplace. They have to put businesses in that cater to the incomes of all those price-points and this area is more diversified than say, SO.

Last edited by lollygagger428; 08-27-2013 at 12:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio