Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 05:52 AM

303 posts, read 364,524 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any details on what happened?

Old 02-11-2020, 08:11 AM

282 posts, read 341,447 times
https://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...oom-later-dies That’s about the only readily available report and it doesn’t give much information. Slept in this morning and missed the local news.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:01 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Oh man. This is the work I do in Austin, so I have a bit of insight. If NEISD works any way within best practices, this is about all you will hear directly from the district. There were most likely school counselors and social workers en route as this happened. There will be areas of support for kids and staff and memory making. Please watch gossip on social media. I’ve seen it get out of hand very quickly up here. I have no connections at NEISD, but personal and professional experience in providing grief support post suicide. It’s going to be tough. Please seek resources (I’m sure your kids will be given some) if you need it.

Old 02-11-2020, 02:30 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,552,763 times
NEISD will be providing support to students and staff alike. However, they will not be giving any additional information to the media (per FERPA and privacy of the family). Yes there is a lot on social media, right now mostly support for the student's family. Unless the family comes forward, we will likely never know the circumstances that drove this student to take his own life.

Old 02-11-2020, 07:55 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,343,648 times
Why would this be a thread? What do you want to know? The poor child’s name will never be released nor should we know.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:11 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Why would this be a thread? What do you want to know? The poor child’s name will never be released nor should we know.
Apparently mysa.com disagrees as they posted his info. No idea why as it's really nobody's business.

RIP young man.

Old 02-12-2020, 05:50 AM

303 posts, read 364,524 times
Spare me the pearl clutching - there is a lot to learn from a high school child who commits suicide on campus. Burying your head in the sand is ridiculous.

Who was it?
What actually happened?
Were there warning signs? Trouble in the household? Bullied?

I want to hear the rumors, innuendo, and accusations.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:35 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,827,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbcfy View Post
Spare me the pearl clutching - there is a lot to learn from a high school child who commits suicide on campus. Burying your head in the sand is ridiculous.

Who was it?
What actually happened?
Were there warning signs? Trouble in the household? Bullied?

I want to hear the rumors, innuendo, and accusations.
Knowing the name does nothing to address any problems - just brings pain (and possibly shame) to the family. Leave them in peace.

We don't really need all the details - we know he committed suicide. Knowing the reason behind that might be beneficial - but not all suicides are really cut and dried as to "why". I'd concur that warning signs could be helpful - but again, it doesn't always make sense. Being "bullied" is overused IMO - the lack of coping skills can often be more accurate. Kids are cruel - and as parents, we need to equip our kids with the means of deflecting the "bullies" of this world as best we can. Sometimes, the acts of the one being bullied are what brings the actions on - that can be a lot more difficult to deal with AND identify, because the parent is often either blind to it or not involved enough to know. All the PC-speak aside, there's still something to be said for teaching your kid to punch out a bully, as well.

As far as "rumors, innuendo, and accusations" - why?!?? Unless you get some kind of perverse joy out of spreading inaccurate information and half-truths, there's nothing to be gained by spreading rumors. Get the facts, lay them out and deal with it from there.

Old 02-12-2020, 07:08 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
I agree with this 100% except the name was released unfortunately. People talk and information leaks out.

Old 02-12-2020, 07:10 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Being "bullied" is overused IMO - the lack of coping skills can often be more accurate. Kids are cruel - and as parents, we need to equip our kids with the means of deflecting the "bullies" of this world as best we can. Sometimes, the acts of the one being bullied are what brings the actions on - that can be a lot more difficult to deal with AND identify, because the parent is often either blind to it or not involved enough to know. All the PC-speak aside, there's still something to be said for teaching your kid to punch out a bully, as well.
The way kids are bullied today is not the same before social media became so popular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: