Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 10:38 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times

Advertisements

Haha Prezence - I went to school with Shawn Sahm.

Do you remember Boyz n Heat? That was Pat's band before he was in Union Underground. Seems like a million years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 04:55 PM

3 posts, read 6,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
Haha Prezence - I went to school with Shawn Sahm.

Do you remember Boyz n Heat? That was Pat's band before he was in Union Underground. Seems like a million years ago.
Yeah, I remember them. I know Pat as well. I remember when they used to play at that club on Broadway, I think it's called the Hangar or something like that now.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:27 PM

2 posts, read 4,340 times
ya crazedchef i used to work at sneakers worked there till the last day they closed the doors my late wife worked there also a lot of fond memories i loved that place n loved working there i also worked at the showcase for 7 years

Old 02-24-2011, 08:32 PM

2 posts, read 4,340 times
Default sneakers

ya crazedchef i worked at sneakers till the last day they closed the doors my late wife worked there also a lot of fond memories i loved that place i also worked at the showcase for 7 years

Old 09-08-2011, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,979 times
Thread still rockin. I worked for Bob Stanton off and on for years, He closed Sneaks cause of change in Rock Music and wanted to go out on a high note no other reason. He had successful night clubs and restaurants all over the country Desperado,Rockwave, Joe's Volcano,Crabby Jacks,Club Dallas and more. He's been very successful at changing with the trends of music.After closing Sneaks it was remodeled as Odyssey more dance oriented but still brought in acts Steve Vai, April Wine and others. Sat closed for over a year then with Desperado became Joe's Volcano. Then with the Tejano Music gaining popularity we talked Bob into opening the club as Desperado After Selena's death the scene was declining we started Sneaker Fri. nights with local bands, lot of fun Terry Anderson was DJ and helping put shows together. Tejano on Sat. and Hip Hop on Sun. So after I don't know but the lease was up and we decided to close it's doors forever. The building was then leased by another company trying to capitalize on its past popularity when Crystal wasn't making it they used the Sneakers name and old sign. This didn't last long. Of course you could never duplicate the magic that club created. To this day peoples will hear the name and have a story to tell I got to meet so and so, I got my ass kicked by the bouncers to I got pregnant in the parking lot, I've heard hundreds and probably a hundred more just like this thread that keeps those memories alive. I even heard thru Bob's friend in West Palm Beach how they came up with the name and Logo,Where it all started and I was there when it ended but the memories it created will last forever. RIP Sneakers Thanks for all the great times.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:43 PM

108 posts, read 241,413 times
I remembered in the late 70's Sneakers used to be Graham Central Station well before they moved to the Fredericksburg Rd location. They used to play disco and KTFM would host happy hour parties and I would show up in bell-bottomed jeans and shoulder length hair. When they became Sneakers KZEP would host parties there and Chris Winston and Alice Ian would always be there.The club that you were thinking was Razzle Dazzle was probably Fizz at that time you could throw a rock and hit a dance club. Bar hopping or club hopping was the in thing and meeting up with friends was the way to go (BFB) before Facebook ,standing in line to get into a club meant the club was worth it and getting turned away made for a good story.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:29 PM

58 posts, read 127,075 times
anyone remember DADDYS on fred rd. it was the rock club before sneakers i was 15 with a fake ID drinking age was only 18 back then. oh i am 43 now!!! good times!

Old 08-09-2012, 10:48 AM

3 posts, read 6,901 times
Default Sneakers...Bring it Back

Please bring back Sneakers. I had a dream a few nights ago about sneakers and the group I used to hang around. It was so vivid, I almost didn't want to wake up from that. More good times there than any other time in my life (Except for my wife that is ).

I believe the sign in the front of the parking lot is still up, unless that was in my dream. There has got to be somebody out there who wants to start a good rock club here again. Too bad about Scout Bar, what a shame.

I suppose many of the people and chicks back then probably don't look the same anymore. D'oh!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2012, 01:22 PM

54 posts, read 131,498 times
Sneakers, yes indeed! Going back to the early '70's.. we haunted J. Alfred Prufrocks (sp?) at Mulberry and 281 right off the park!! Lots of great high times back then!!

Old 08-11-2012, 08:37 AM

10 posts, read 28,365 times
I remember Sneakers well. I preferred Daddy's on Fred Rd, as a previous person mentioned. I rang in the New Year there with my friends watching Legs Diamond play back in '84!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio