Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 07:30 AM

545 posts, read 2,284,994 times

Advertisements

So I've been searching most of the morning, and I can't seem to find any info on Tiago's Cabo Grille, which just opened over at 151/410. My wife and I went on Saturday, and we loved it, but what I'm wondering is if it's the only one?

It seems, from the lack of info, that it probably is, but I just can't believe that we actually have a decent restaurant on this side of town that no one else has...it's such a chain hell over here. If this is truly the only one in San Antonio, it's some kind of miracle =-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2007, 09:46 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,245,904 times
There's a lot of really good non-chain restaurants in SA. Probably not in the 151/410 area but throughout the city.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:20 AM

89 posts, read 353,673 times
I don't think there is a "tiagos" chain. How are the prices?

Old 03-05-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
There's a lot of really good non-chain restaurants in SA. Probably not in the 151/410 area but throughout the city.
I know there's a lot of good ones throughout the city...but you're absolutely right about this side of town. That's why I'm so happy that we finally have something unique. It's nice to be able to go to a unique restaurant without having to drive downtown or to 281.

The prices aren't bad...a little more than your chains, but for the quality of food, I think it's worth it. We're definitely going back...there wasn't anything on the menu that I wouldn't want to try.

The only gripe I have is that the place is small, so getting in on a Saturday evening can be a challenge. Luckily, we went early enough that we only had to wait 10 minutes or so.

I told my wife that it was the type of place I hoped Cabo (Gilbeau/Bandera) would be when it first opened, but I think they concentrate too much on being a nightclub and not enough on being a good place to eat.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:39 PM

469 posts, read 2,343,335 times
We went for lunch 2 weeks ago during the week. It was very busy but there was no wait, decent service. Neither I nor my husband were very impressed with the food but it was a nice place.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:49 PM

26 posts, read 133,624 times
My wife and I and another couple went also on Saturday night and had about a half hour wait and as far as I know we all enjoyed our food. I liked the atmosphere, with the option to sit outside and the staff was very friendly. I would definetely go back to Tiago's.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:42 AM

63 posts, read 239,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaleman View Post
So I've been searching most of the morning, and I can't seem to find any info on Tiago's Cabo Grille, which just opened over at 151/410. My wife and I went on Saturday, and we loved it, but what I'm wondering is if it's the only one?

It seems, from the lack of info, that it probably is, but I just can't believe that we actually have a decent restaurant on this side of town that no one else has...it's such a chain hell over here. If this is truly the only one in San Antonio, it's some kind of miracle =-)
My wife and I ate there the first day it opened. We absolutely love to go out and eat (my waist is starting to show it, hee hee). The atmoshphere was nice. It was packed but since we had our 1 year old with us the hostess snuck us in within 10 minutes of waiting. It was opening day and because of that we experienced some small problems. We waited an unbelievably long time for water (should be on the table within 5 minutes of seating). We ordered two Margarita's that came 20 minutes later. Acutally, the manager noticed we were just sitting there and after we explained to him the situation he kindly brought them over himself.
The chips and salsa were actually quite good. The food came and we unfortunately were unimpressed, the food was very salty. We left but plan on returning now that the restaurant has been open for a few weeks. I'm sure they've ironed out everything since the first day.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:41 PM

89 posts, read 353,673 times
Isn't there a bueno taco like right next door? Or taco bueno? I'm not sure if its the chain or not, since i've never seen one. And the sign says "bueno" then underneath tacos or something idk. Anyonehave info on that? Of course i was driving by so the sign may have said "bueno blah blah blah" something and not even be related to taco bueno lol

Old 03-08-2007, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21bl0wed View Post
Isn't there a bueno taco like right next door? Or taco bueno? I'm not sure if its the chain or not, since i've never seen one. And the sign says "bueno" then underneath tacos or something idk. Anyonehave info on that? Of course i was driving by so the sign may have said "bueno blah blah blah" something and not even be related to taco bueno lol
Yes, Taco Bueno is a chain. There's a bunch of them up in the Dallas area.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:22 AM

136 posts, read 569,350 times
It is a Chain (Locally Based) the second one is opening at the Rim in May. An expired job Posting on Career Builder, lists the Company as "Sea Island Development Co"

Part of the listing:

Description
Join a new and exciting restaurant concept in San Antonio. Tiago's Cabo Grille is a chef-driven, full service restaurant specializing in the fire-grilled flavors from the coastlines of Mexico. We are taking applications for our first and second restaurants to be located at Highway 151 at Loop 410 in the Shops at Westpointe Shopping Center and also at The Rim located at I-10 and Loop 1604.

Other discussions on this place:

http://wahm.meetup.com/404/boards/vi...thread=2720624

http://www.chowhound.com/topics/375915 (yes, started by me

Still haven't been, will go there soon.

-Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio