Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 11:21 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,576,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0vemberHAWK View Post
the gangs off walzem are right around the corner from converse....too close for me, personally.

and, personally, i would prefer to live in a community surrounded by NO ONE.

I do not dislike specific races, but rather just dislike people in general. haha

just kidding.

i was just pointing out to those that do not know, Converse is largely black community.

just as Schertz is mainly white

and Stone Oak is mainly white

and everything inside 410 with the exception of Alamo Heights is mainly hispanic.

just stating some facts for the folks that are not from here.

i noticed lots of new businesses in converse over the past few months.

the ISD is planning on a third high school from my sources.

good for them. they need it,
I don't think so. I mean, It's not like Judson was crowded. That school is huge, and I would think that they would want to retain the title as the biggest high school in all of Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 11:40 PM

283 posts, read 1,836,326 times
judson was not and is not the biggest school in texas.

there are some more schools that are larger than them.

and besides, the ONLY reason they wanted to keep Judson ISD as a one hs district was so their football team could keep winning.

what happened when the district finally opened a second hs?

judson misses the playoffs.

hahahaha

Old 03-25-2007, 11:45 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,576,922 times
Quote:
judson was not and is not the biggest school in texas.

there are some more schools that are larger than them.

and besides, the ONLY reason they wanted to keep Judson ISD as a one hs district was so their football team could keep winning.

what happened when the district finally opened a second hs?

judson misses the playoffs.

hahahaha
I guess, but actually, for a matter of time Judson was indeed the largest high school in Texas. I'll find the link for you.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:50 PM

283 posts, read 1,836,326 times
Yea, i posted wrong. At one time they were the largest but there were other schools at times that were larger.

Either way, Judson ISD is growing and needs to keep pace building more schools and forget about athletic numbers and focus on academics.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:24 AM

993 posts, read 2,491,376 times
I am still forming my opinion, but it is fine so far.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:03 AM

1 posts, read 6,067 times
Races in Converse:
White Non-Hispanic (52.9%)
Hispanic (29.4%)
Black (13.0%)
Other race (10.7%)
Two or more races (4.0%)
American Indian (1.4%)
Filipino (0.8%)

Read more: [URL="http://www.city-data.com/city/Converse-Texas.html#ixzz0Qu9f1ls4"]http://www.city-data.com/city/Converse-Texas.html#ixzz0Qu9f1ls4[/URL]

Old 09-12-2009, 11:15 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,682,390 times
I grew up in Converse, and didn't have any problems. It's growing like the rest of the city. Just don't do anything dumb like leaving things unlocked...like everywhere else.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:09 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
Converse, which is right outside of San Antonio is quite possibly the best place to live in the area.
I've heard a lot of great comments about Shertz.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:57 PM

7 posts, read 31,586 times
I am viewing what everyone has said about living in San Antonio Texas?...LOL you people I am moving there to San Antonio Texas soon, I am currently residing in New Jersey just minutes away from New York City and, if you people think that it is bad to live in San Antonio? guess again; try even visiting here in New Jersey and New York and you would thank God you live in San Antonio Texas with the exception of East Texas past the 98th Meridian (lol). I think you people there in San Antonio Texas have it made, palm trees, river walk, laid back people, the food, slower pace of life, here in New Jersey you have the highest property taxes in the Nation, the homes start at nearly $400.000 property taxes are between $6000-$12000 dollars a year, what a joke. I have been living in New Jersey from Oklahoma for the past 12 years, I'm tired of the attitudes here, the fast pace everyone is in a hurry and they will cut you off in traffic just to go no where. I am glad I fell in love with San Antonio Texas...Yippee

Old 09-20-2009, 06:02 PM

7 posts, read 31,586 times
Quote:
the gangs off walzem are right around the corner from converse....too close for me, personally.

and, personally, i would prefer to live in a community surrounded by NO ONE.

I do not dislike specific races, but rather just dislike people in general. haha

just kidding.

i was just pointing out to those that do not know, Converse is largely black community.

just as Schertz is mainly white

and Stone Oak is mainly white

and everything inside 410 with the exception of Alamo Heights is mainly hispanic.

just stating some facts for the folks that are not from here.

i noticed lots of new businesses in converse over the past few months.

the ISD is planning on a third high school from my sources.

good for them. they need it,
Try living in Newark New Jersey and talk about Ghetto "Son", there is nothing Ghetto about San Antonio compared to Newark New Jersey....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio