Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:31 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,426,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
I exercise so I can eat whatever the heck I want. No more of that crazy fitness/diet lifestyle. Just enjoy life, keep things in moderation and stay active!
That's a great plan!

I'd like to bulk up a bit, and drop the majority of my handles, but other than that I'll leave the other stuff to the magazine types.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 09:33 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,507,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
I exercise so I can eat whatever the heck I want. No more of that crazy fitness/diet lifestyle. Just enjoy life, keep things in moderation and stay active!
Amen!

Old 03-11-2009, 10:41 PM

Location: 281 north of 1604 - otherwise known as traffic hell
450 posts, read 1,599,749 times
if you are interested in being "fit" you should look into crossfit. you can go to their website and check it out or look at 1 of any 100 videos on youtube. I started a little over a month ago and have dropped 15 pounds and gone from a 36 to a 34 pant.

I was always in pretty good shape in college. 6'1" 195 or so pounds. No 6 pack but plenty lean. got up to 210 and flabby and thought I would try to get back into it. Was pitched crossfit and didn't buy in. Talked to some more folks who were believers, and I am now a full fledged crossfit koolaide drinker.

It is amazing how spent you are after 40 or so minutes and how much strength, endurance and lean muscle mass you accumulate. I will not get big swole doing this, but I can honestly say that if I were to continue for another month or so I will be in the best shape of my life - regardless of size.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:43 PM

I've heard good things about crossfit. I see there a couple of places opening up around town too...

After we finish this p90x program, I may go back to krav for a while. Been wanting to study that more.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:43 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,013,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Until there's a gym closer to me, I won't be able to join one! (Rumors have it that a Spectrum is coming.)

I plan on building the home gym for now - we'll see how much gear the wife lets me buy. That new Soloflex looks pretty good...

And my diet sucks! I've done well dumping some things from my diet, replacing them with better items. But some things, like COFFEE...it's gonna take a crowbar...
No more brownies???

Old 03-12-2009, 02:52 PM

431 posts, read 1,204,816 times
Lifetime is my second home. I've been a member since it was just a trailer in the dirt and grass right off the access road.

I am not a huge meat head, but I love weight lifting...and have just recently fallen in love with the Stairmaster. At 6'1 190lbs, 34in waist, I am at my fittest I have ever been in life. Just a few years ago, as I graduated from college, I was a waif--150lbs, no muscle. I regret not starting this addiction to fitness in high school.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
No more brownies???

There's always room for brownies.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:10 AM

Favorite online supplement source? I buy from ProSource now and then, and there was another place I bought from that had great prices, but I can't find the url...

Old 03-20-2009, 08:52 AM

431 posts, read 1,204,816 times
bodybuilding.com has decent prices, but I know them as the FASTEST online shipper I have ever used. I actually placed an order yesterday afternoon, and within 15 minutes I had received 3 emails from them: Confirmation, shipping notice, tracking number. And this was after 5pm.

They ship from either Florida or Idaho, and I almost always receive my orders in the 2 days after placing the order. (through USPS)

I also use bulknutrition.com (not as good with speedy shipments, but their prices are sometimes a buck or two less).

Old 03-20-2009, 09:10 AM

179 posts, read 468,925 times
Did P90X for 2 months and the results were incredible. I had to stop as I....well lets face it Turkey Day and Christmas were coming up so I got lazy and hungry. After the holidays I broke 2 of my toes playing football. I have been fighting to start working out again and just started this week. Mainly pushups, pullups, and dumbbells. Man it comes back quick. I still got a lot of squishy to get rid of but I love when I can see the results faster. I can't wait for a reasonably priced gym to open near SeaWorld. I want to start lifting bigger. Good luck on your comeback. Since you say you lifted before, you should start seening the results quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio