Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2009, 01:33 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times

Advertisements

I do not like this at all Ohio phone rage included specific threats - STLtoday.com (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/D14DE98D380D1B73862575FA0008F3A8?OpenDocument - broken link)

I have had those people call me at least 20-30 times and that included the cell phone. I have called them every name in the book, mocked their jobs, and have often thought of saying things similar to what this guy said. They are extremely annoying and awful awful people. I know times are tough, but you still have to have some morals and anyone working for this company is about on par with crack dealers. Hopefully a hotshot lawyer that also hates these people will take up the case and somehow turn it against them.

and on a lighter note.. this should be mandatory in politics here Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com
I would pay good money to see nancy getting her teeth kicked in

Old 07-22-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
This is a real question .
I know that traffic is waaaaay nicer when school is out but is there really that many students/teachers/etc.??

During summer months the traffic seems to be cut down to 1/4 of the traffic, that just seems like a lot to me.

I'm lovin' it though . I actually get to sleep in an extra 30-45 minutes.
I think WAY too many people drive their kids to school. That combined with some really stupid school zone boundaries make traffic awful. Parents need to let their kids ride the bus to school and the districts need to do a better job of drawing boundaries. I think the decision to move all of Westcreek into that new high school being built in AR is a step in the right direction. I know a lot of AR parents will disagree, but this will take a LOT of traffic that was heading to Stevens out of the Potranco/1604 and Military/1604 intersections.
I wonder how much oil the nation could save if they forced parents to place their kids on the bus and made traffic control a mandatory part of school boundary design.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:49 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I think WAY too many people drive their kids to school. That combined with some really stupid school zone boundaries make traffic awful. Parents need to let their kids ride the bus to school and the districts need to do a better job of drawing boundaries. I think the decision to move all of Westcreek into that new high school being built in AR is a step in the right direction. I know a lot of AR parents will disagree, but this will take a LOT of traffic that was heading to Stevens out of the Potranco/1604 and Military/1604 intersections.
I wonder how much oil the nation could save if they forced parents to place their kids on the bus and made traffic control a mandatory part of school boundary design.
I disagree...I drove my daughter to and from school for 11 years ( which is why think the traffic is higher during the school months.) I wouldn't trade all the oil in the country for the time spent with my child.

The school boundary thing is a whole other matter ( to me )

Old 07-22-2009, 02:42 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,713,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I disagree...I drove my daughter to and from school for 11 years ( which is why think the traffic is higher during the school months.) I wouldn't trade all the oil in the country for the time spent with my child.
That's a very interesting perspective, Camper!

Old 07-22-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:

and on a lighter note.. this should be mandatory in politics here Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com
I would pay good money to see nancy getting her teeth kicked in
Yea they are known for brawls like that. Did I see one guy dress up in Taekwondo attire? wow. And...wow..the people dragging furniture in the court room to use as weapons!

Old 07-22-2009, 02:44 PM

well, we'll agree to disagree then.. however, there are times when it's better to do something for the whole instead for just the individual.

anyhow.. I just had an order declined at bestbuy.com because the card was invalid. I call the bank and go through a million voice things, one of which was to activate my new card. I finally get to a human and tell them I can't activate my new card because I don't have it. I knew they were going to be sending me one since mine expires next month. The lady asks me if I didn't get it and I said I haven't checked the mail yet today. She then tells me they sent it out on July 1st, that gets the freaking out started. I told her I never got it and she asks if I still live in New York; serious panic hitting now. I told her I've never lived in New York and she asks if I'm military, I explained I haven't been for 3 years and then she tells me about the APO address. Panic stops. The joy of doing everything online sometimes has a price and this was one of them. I had a card sent to me while I was in Bosnia because there was a funky charge on it that I obviously did not make. I got the new card, but never changed my address back, for almost four years..
It did get bad again, though. She said the actual reason they cancelled the card was because a merchant reported an intrusion and possible compromise. That is good that they acted sorta quickly, but they won't say what merchant because it's an active investigation. I got a little mad about that because I don't want to do business with this merchant anymore, but who knows who it is because I'm a big fan of online shopping.
anyhow, moral of the story is we need to nuke china so this won't happen much any more. They've been evil for a long time, but they're getting much worse and most of it is cyber related.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
anyhow, moral of the story is we need to nuke china so this won't happen much any more. They've been evil for a long time, but they're getting much worse and most of it is cyber related.
Wow you want to nuke china...a city of billions of people..'cuz of a Bestbuy card issue?

Americans rule!

Old 07-22-2009, 02:50 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,196,629 times
Quote:
well, we'll agree to disagree then.. however, there are times when it's better to do something for the whole instead for just the individual.

anyhow.. I just had an order declined at bestbuy.com because the card was invalid. I call the bank and go through a million voice things, one of which was to activate my new card. I finally get to a human and tell them I can't activate my new card because I don't have it. I knew they were going to be sending me one since mine expires next month. The lady asks me if I didn't get it and I said I haven't checked the mail yet today. She then tells me they sent it out on July 1st, that gets the freaking out started. I told her I never got it and she asks if I still live in New York; serious panic hitting now. I told her I've never lived in New York and she asks if I'm military, I explained I haven't been for 3 years and then she tells me about the APO address. Panic stops. The joy of doing everything online sometimes has a price and this was one of them. I had a card sent to me while I was in Bosnia because there was a funky charge on it that I obviously did not make. I got the new card, but never changed my address back, for almost four years..
It did get bad again, though. She said the actual reason they cancelled the card was because a merchant reported an intrusion and possible compromise. That is good that they acted sorta quickly, but they won't say what merchant because it's an active investigation. I got a little mad about that because I don't want to do business with this merchant anymore, but who knows who it is because I'm a big fan of online shopping.
Rd...Rd...you basically got bent out of shape because a sharp-eyed merchant saw his database got hacked and saved you from identity theft ?? Try Life-Lock.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:51 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
That's a very interesting perspective, Camper!
It was a much shorter drive than most people have for work so I don't think it hurt the world to much.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:52 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,196,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Wow you want to nuke china...a city of billions of people..'cuz of a Bestbuy card issue?

Americans rule!

Well, you know......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio