Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2009, 07:42 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,558,749 times

Advertisements

Wow, movie looks interesting! Glad your screenplay finally got picked up BFF!!

So, I just sold my husbands piece of $hit project car. (He had it listed on CL, but is outta town so I had to do the haggling.) You'd all be very proud of me! I stood my ground and didn't let them talk me down! Prolly cause they had pissed the H3LL outta me a coupla times! LOL!!! My neighbor came over, since it was 2 men looking at the car and it was just me and my 13yos out there, and his girlfriend said, "DANG! You're guuuuuuud!!! I need to have YOU around when I'm trying to sell something!"

It was totally uncharacteristic of me, so jis hadta share.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:44 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,048,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Hey look a book our very own Sapphire wrote!

Wondering if anyone has read this? I heard lots of good about it, but the cover alone just turns me off.
That's not my book. My book is still being written. This looks OK....I'm not an Oprah fan at all, so I don't do what she says.

Did anyone see the previews for the upcoming Sandra Bullock/Tim McGraw movie? Wow. Sandra looks great in it. I hope it's as good as the previews make it seem.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:33 PM

I just got a BOGO coupon for Logan's today. Anyone want it? Free is still too much, if my next (if there is one) meal there is anything like the one I had last week. There was a 4 inch long, 1/4 inch thick slab of gristle on the edge of my steak. It was grayish in color. The gristle part, not the steak...no, that was supposed to be warm and pink on the center, but apparently they were worried about undercooked meat because it was medium well-ish. It's way too loud in there........IMO....the peanuts were stale and the service was, too. Big disappointment.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:50 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,296,302 times

YouTube - 'Precious' Trailer HD

Watch the trailer. Moving. I am no Mariah fan, but it looks like she does a phenomenal job in this flick. I think Oprah mightve just attached her name to this project after it was already completed. The young lady who plays "Precious" does an amazing job and I really hope the movie does well.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:24 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,374,357 times
[
Quote:
QUOTE=majormadmax;11275593]If RD wasn't cussin', he should've been!

Is there as much outrage over automobiles when a licensed driver intentionally uses one to cause damage?
I seem to remember a thread on idiot drivers where one poster complained about cell phone users and a very vocal JEEP owner proudly announced he would gladly, without remorse run right over the guy to teach him a lesson.
I also remember quite a bit of disapproval of said action suggested by said JEEP owner. So the answer is yes. Please chill and stay in control. This aggressive response is not making a good case for hot tempered drivers or irresponsible gun owners.

I haven't seen anyone but RD claiming that we should be worried about a LOT of unstable gun owners coming back from Irag. HIS words.
Scream at RD in a DM.

The majority of the comments were, regardless of the way the story was written in various news reports, that there was enough evidence by police to arrest the shooter. Enough said and enough ranting until the media reports anything further on this case.

Quote:
Or is this the typical knee-jerk reaction when one person may have misused a gun, so now all guns must be banned?
Scrolling back, not one person has suggested all guns must be banned.

Quote:
As usual, the "one person poops their pants, and now everyone has to wear diapers" solution that the anti-gun types espouse anytime an incident such as this one comes up is the immediate solution.
Diapers might be appropriate when someone is having a tantrum.

Quote:
Does that mean no one will be killed anymore?....
please stop being overly dramatic.

Quote:
Do fat people blame their forks for them being fat? Do you blame your pens when you make a spelling error? If not, then why do you blame guns for their misuse. It is time to hold the people accountable, not the instruments they use.
Quote:
How hard is that to comprehend?
Even the densest of people should be able to understand that.
It's not hard to comprehend, because everyone that has posted here is agreeing that this man appears to be guilty. What is the problem?

Quote:
Honestly, I hear the "baa, baa" all the time; but if anyone would bother to do a little research (http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/ConvictionRatesReport2007.pdf - broken link) would find that concealed license holders are substantially less likely to commit a crime than the rest of the general public (they accounted for only 160 of the 61,260--or 0.2612%--serious convictions in the state in 2007).
Overkill on the stats....no one needs convincing.

Quote:
As a matter of fact, most gun myths propagated by the anti-gun types are false and have been debunked here. But how dare anyone counter their arguments with facts?!?
[/quote]

Ever heard of Shakespeare? There's a great quote that most people are familiar with. "Me thinks he doth protest too much!" Why so defensive when non of this has to do with you, nor have any comments called for the ban on all guns. This is an argument with yourself.

Why are some gun owners so quick to assume that when guns are used violently that they have to duck their tails? A responsible gun owner does not have to get on a pulpit or public speech corner and explain his/her right to own a gun.....NOR do they have to obsessively talk about it like an addiction. THAT is the creepy part. Why is THAT so hard to understand???

Owning guns for hobbies, recreation, protection are all relatively accepted by MOST people. Being addicted to the "high" of having them may not be understood by many. Since there are a lot of ridiculous analogies being tossed out there, some people are addicted to shopping, purses, plastic surgery, alcohol, dining out, new shoes, fast cars....all of which BORE the H3LL out of those that are not interested. Bottom line....if a reader here is not "into gun lingo" then they don't care until someone dies from one. They are then entitled to their opinion of why they don't like them.

Why start a battle when there's no war going on?

Last edited by wCat; 10-20-2009 at 11:35 PM..

Old 10-21-2009, 05:32 AM

By satx56 in the You Finish It thread:

lowering the restaurant in the Hemisfair Tower while people dined inside..........

Can you imagine? LOL that made me giggle...

Thanks satx56!!

Old 10-21-2009, 06:33 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,404,874 times
this is like the longest page ever and it won't go away

Old 10-21-2009, 06:53 AM

I think they unsticky'd it so it WOULD go away, and it gets more play now than when sticky'd.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:30 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,718,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I think they unsticky'd it so it WOULD go away, and it gets more play now than when sticky'd.
Exactly. I see it heading towards the bottom I just have to post to bring it back on top

Old 10-21-2009, 07:43 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,404,874 times
be gone page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio