Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:43 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,209,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarveySanAntonio View Post
Again, NOT NOT NOT looking for San Antonio defenders. Looking for people to post who dislike the city or parts of the city to share what fustrates them and makes them unhappy, so together we know that we are not crazy.
Instead of looking for the things that people dislike, you should ask what they like and maybe try it for yourself.
Why would you want to have a conversation (thread) about all negative things?

Have you tried visiting the small towns around SA? I live just outside SA (about 35 miles), I work and shop in SA. Personally, I wouldn't want to live here (or any city) but that is just because I am used to living in the country and I like escaping to that everyday.

You should look for the positive and not the negs.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:45 AM

50 posts, read 90,914 times
Just to be clear, I do look at positives in my life.......HOWEVER!!!!!!! Just for this thread, I am looking for people to just chat. That is all it is. If you like San Antonio, you can just pass on by. It is no big deal.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:52 AM

490 posts, read 1,094,954 times
Quote:
Just to be clear, I do look at positives in my life.......HOWEVER!!!!!!! Just for this thread, I am looking for people to just chat. That is all it is. If you like San Antonio, you can just pass on by. It is no big deal.

Wouldn't it be more productive to ask people what they like about San Antonio? If you ask people what they like, you might realize you are missing out or doing something wrong (or have a poor attitude) and there is a CHANCE your opinion will improve. By asking to talk to others who are miserable like yourself, you are GUARANTEED to continue to be miserable.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:56 AM

1,220 posts, read 2,682,390 times
Quote:
I am just looking for reasons why people don't like San Antonio for myself to feel sane. I never have had this feeling with any other place. But I do here. I find dread in my heart everytime I open my front door. When I go shopping, I get depressed to see the people of the city.
(in best alien voice) "you will be assimilated to become one of our Class 4 worker drones. Keep feeding him the tacos and he will resemble one of our drones in Week 6. Give him a Spurs T-shirt and bumper sticker quickly Xenon. He. Will. Be...Assimilated."

Old 05-12-2009, 09:00 AM

50 posts, read 90,914 times
I am not miserable, but I just dislike San Antonio. I also don't have a poor attitude either.
I am a happy go lucky type of guy and normally the life of the party......however, I find myself un-happy with San Antonio. I know this confuses a lot of people and that might be because of the world class high school graduation rate of this city, but I have read many threads of why people love the city and I find here and there why people don't.

What I see is that the people who love the city end up attacking the other people, or saying that SA is just like every other place. I just wanted a thread of people who shared my same feeling.

and...I swear if one other person tells me San Antonio has so much and mentions Six Flags and Sea World I am going to explode. First..I am 24, not 10. Second. Sea World in San Antonio is sad and pathtic compared to SD or Orlando.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr57001 View Post
Wouldn't it be more productive to ask people what they like about San Antonio? If you ask people what they like, you might realize you are missing out or doing something wrong (or have a poor attitude) and there is a CHANCE your opinion will improve. By asking to talk to others who are miserable like yourself, you are GUARANTEED to continue to be miserable.
GarveySanAntonio started the thread and he has defined the limits of the topic to include only negative characteristics. That's what's on topic in this thread from now on. It may not be what the majority would like to see, but it's not against the rules of City-Data to disparage a place.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:02 AM

431 posts, read 1,204,462 times
Quote:
I know this confuses a lot of people and that might be because of the world class high school graduation rate of this city,
Pathetic.

There's something negative. Maybe it isn't what you wanted?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:05 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,557,307 times
Ok. What I don't like about this city:

Lack of good public transportation
Suburbs
negative people

Old 05-12-2009, 09:07 AM

394 posts, read 1,506,573 times
Sorry you're having such a bad experience....I'm a transplant here, arrived 15 months ago. We have found the people to be VERY friendly...not rude, although rude people can be found almost anywhere you go. My philosophy is the old "life is 10% what happens TO me and 90% how I REACT to it". Ask yourself if you're giving out a negative "vibe" and attracting more of the same? Sounds like maybe you moved back here against your own wishes, so you may have started out on the wrong foot and are looking at your surroundings through a different pair of glasses than folks who enjoy living here by choice.

Chatting with other people about what they don't like about SA only affirms one's perception of how crappy it is here and will not improve one's attitude. At least that's my opinion.

Hope after time you can find some happiness here.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:09 AM

394 posts, read 1,506,573 times
I will say I don't like the way people drive here.....

Last edited by Bo; 05-12-2009 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: Removed mod action quote. See the explanation in my signature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio