Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2016, 05:31 PM

1,032 posts, read 874,682 times

Advertisements

I adore Arirang. They're actually warm and friendly once they know you.

The first few visits were ice cold, but the food has always been tops. Best jam-pong I've ever had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 09:38 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,328,689 times
B Daddy BBQ on 16, outside of 1604. Pretty good. Beats Bill Miller easily (not hard).

Old 01-30-2016, 05:27 PM

1,032 posts, read 874,682 times
Rebelle, Downtown.

Too loud, server not trained for customer service and a room design that wants to be high-class, but has too much Ikea furniture to be taken seriously.

The food wasn't terrible, but the presentation and actual taste was lacking something. Curry ruins lobster, an overpriced cassoulet fell flat, east coast oysters tasted not fresh. A pretty fair bill for a meal that was less than average.

Old 01-30-2016, 08:31 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,192,693 times
Lobster with curry??? Ewwww......time to get a chef that knows what he/she is doing in the kitchen.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:03 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,553,385 times
Grimaldi's @ Village of Stone Oak...had been open about 2 days (Friday night)...very crowded, took a bit for the pizza, but it arrived hot and exactly as we ordered...nice to have another good pizza option close by

Old 01-31-2016, 02:30 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,448,856 times
Kenny's and Ziggy's Deli in Houston".....AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Deli Menu | Takeout Menu | Kenny & Ziggy's Deli - Houston

Old 01-31-2016, 10:07 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,965,687 times
Julian's on West Road. I enjoyed it and will be back. They have some nice lunch specials which include a salad and a drink. I'm sure I will go back.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:38 AM

923 posts, read 1,502,073 times
Smokey Mo's at Stone Oak Pkwy and Evans Rd: they are always out of baked potatoes. Every time we go. Sometimes two hours before they close. Food is otherwise good, but the potato thing is a real annoyance; and potatoes are cheap! Not sure why they won't make more.

Southerleigh at the Pearl: went here for Valentines Day brunch and the food was great, but the kitchen was slow and so was the service. We didn't mind since we were a fairly large party, and had plenty to talk about while we waited, but they are slow. Good food though, and good atmosphere.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:53 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,344,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
Smokey Mo's at Stone Oak Pkwy and Evans Rd: they are always out of baked potatoes. Every time we go. Sometimes two hours before they close. Food is otherwise good, but the potato thing is a real annoyance; and potatoes are cheap! Not sure why they won't make more.

Southerleigh at the Pearl: went here for Valentines Day brunch and the food was great, but the kitchen was slow and so was the service. We didn't mind since we were a fairly large party, and had plenty to talk about while we waited, but they are slow. Good food though, and good atmosphere.
Southerleigh at the Pearl

We went and had a private party in the silo. The food was great and the atmosphere was great. The service was on point UNTIL the check. For the life of me I do not know why they have a policy to not separate checks. The waiter decided at the beginning of the meal that he would separate the checks for us. When he brought our check out it had four of the same side item on it. When I asked him about it he replied, "I did the best I could since we do not normally separate the checks." WTF

Anywho it was a great time despite the dumb reply.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:25 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,828,800 times
Schiloh's Deli on Commerce.....took the wife there yesterday - used to go there with my Grandfather as a kid. Their food is to DIE for if you like German fare - and we both love it! Their hot mustard IS hot - so be advised, but the Reuben sandwich I had w/sauerkraut was first-rate, and her Wienerschnitzel was outstanding as always! VERY reasonable prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio