Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 05:15 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
When he first started doing those ads he was also 500 lbs
Wow, seriously? I don't remember that. He's probably a really cool guy, he just has an on-screen persona that is creepy weird. He's so soft-spoken and doesn't believe in spacing out his words a bit. But hey, he's doing something right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 06:07 AM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
You don't have my new number. It's posted in my status.

(actually, I have changed my number....I'll give it to ya on fb--much more private. )

And no, it's not local advertising, but the Burger King is a major creepasaurus.

Burger King sewed Jack in the Box because one of their commercials a cowboy swirled his finger, Burger king said they were attempting to mock off their Angus burger, and claimed JITB was stating BK's Angus Burger was an Anus burger ohhh the drama LOL

Old 09-03-2009, 08:31 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,207,973 times
Does anyone actually like the Geico 'caveman' commercials?
Those get on my nerves.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:44 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
Those get on my nerves.
Wow, I do! I really enjoyed the short-lived TV show as well; but for a while there I actually resembled those guys and even was them for Halloween two years ago...

Cheers! M2
Attached Thumbnails
Most Annoying Local Commercials/Ads...-halloween-caveman-1.jpg   Most Annoying Local Commercials/Ads...-halloween-caveman-2.jpg  

Old 09-03-2009, 11:39 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,000,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
Those get on my nerves.
I can't stand them either. It's almost embarrassing for the company. Can You believe they tired to make it into a TV show ( something caveman)??

Bring back the geckos!

Old 09-03-2009, 11:40 AM

437 posts, read 1,071,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Wow, I do! I really enjoyed the short-lived TV show as well; but for a while there I actually resembled those guys and even was them for Halloween two years ago...

Cheers! M2

I love the Cavemen ads; the gecko is damned annoying!

Old 09-03-2009, 11:48 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetownmom View Post
I love the Cavemen ads; the gecko is damned annoying!
Amen to that! That frickin' lizard with the British accent (is that suppose to impress us?) needs to be stepped on!

Oh, and that extremely annoying Progressive insurance girl needs to be taken out as well!

Old 09-03-2009, 12:52 PM

355 posts, read 1,375,116 times
Yeah i cant stant the eye glass guy off marbach and 410. I mean he just has the worst taste ever. Long hiar, a pimps out fit....one time he even bleached his hair, its just ridiculous. The store looks tacky too with those big fireworks over the rooftop.The time warner commercial with the football player is really annoying too. That guy thats being tackled sounds like hes being raped. I alwasys change the chanel before it comes on.There is also the commercial for everest institute where the guys, now its a girl yells at you for sitting on the coach and not doin anything with your self. Then the other guys is talking about how hes finished, done, with his education at 22 or whatever. No one is ever done learning! THe new commercial is with a girl yelling at you because yoku need to pay "yo bills." Its very offensive that they think they need to talk to me like that, like im some ghetto ignorant person that needs to go to thier school just so I can pay my bills. Get off the couch ! What are you waiting for!Thats like the southern carrers instiute commercal where that hoodrat gets out of jail and the Judge tells her she needs to got o career point Now! What kind of people are they trying to attract?!

Old 09-03-2009, 01:21 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,291,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfish View Post
Yeah i cant stant the eye glass guy off marbach and 410. I mean he just has the worst taste ever. Long hiar, a pimps out fit....one time he even bleached his hair, its just ridiculous. The store looks tacky too with those big fireworks over the rooftop.The time warner commercial with the football player is really annoying too. That guy thats being tackled sounds like hes being raped. I alwasys change the chanel before it comes on.There is also the commercial for everest institute where the guys, now its a girl yells at you for sitting on the coach and not doin anything with your self. Then the other guys is talking about how hes finished, done, with his education at 22 or whatever. No one is ever done learning! THe new commercial is with a girl yelling at you because yoku need to pay "yo bills." Its very offensive that they think they need to talk to me like that, like im some ghetto ignorant person that needs to go to thier school just so I can pay my bills. Get off the couch ! What are you waiting for!Thats like the southern carrers instiute commercal where that hoodrat gets out of jail and the Judge tells her she needs to got o career point Now! What kind of people are they trying to attract?!
I couldn't even read half of what you wrote; clearly you did not attend Career Point.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:38 PM

355 posts, read 1,375,116 times
Nevermind all that! I was getting irritated.

Last edited by metalfish; 09-03-2009 at 01:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio