Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 07:00 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,385,160 times

Advertisements

I noticed the same thing when I came back in town from my last vacation. Nasty graffiti everywhere and making the entire town look like a third world ghetto.
These fools need to be punished, though, and if they are under 18, so do their parents. Think you can't be responsible for your own kids? think again. Spend some quality parents/stupid kid in the same cell time for about a month or so and see what happens..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 07:56 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,809 times
I think SAPD needs to send out extra patrol units and walk in the dark areas at 2 and 3 am and prove that they are going to arrest and punish these punks. I thought it was bad a few years ago, but it's really becoming ridiculous. Even if you paint over it, you can tell it was there. The "leadership" talks about efforts to fix this problem, but they never give it teeth. When they are serious about working on social issues (and that's what graffiti is) then change will occur.

I love the country, you can't tag barbed wire and ranch fencing.

Last edited by HillCountryHotRodMan; 01-10-2010 at 08:14 PM..

Old 01-11-2010, 08:18 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,983,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
I love the country, you can't tag barbed wire and ranch fencing.
Plus, if you get caught tagging, you could be "tagged" yourself!

Old 01-11-2010, 02:37 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,117,598 times
Anyone know what other cities are doing to combat the problem and is their program working? No need to reinvent the wheel.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:19 PM

872 posts, read 1,855,907 times
The news was doing this story last night and said that they were being charged with graffiti which is a state jail felony punishable by up to two years in prison and a $10,000 fine. I wasn't aware that it was a felony but am glad that it is. Do they really give out punishments near the possible punishment? They should and they should make sure that word gets out to the age group who tends to do this crap.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:58 PM

778 posts, read 2,502,648 times
Keep watching the news. You are going to see a lot more arrests like this on TV in the next few months.

Finally.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:19 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,983,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
The news was doing this story last night and said that they were being charged with graffiti which is a state jail felony punishable by up to two years in prison and a $10,000 fine. I wasn't aware that it was a felony but am glad that it is. Do they really give out punishments near the possible punishment? They should and they should make sure that word gets out to the age group who tends to do this crap.
I wasn't aware that the fines were that great but I am also glad they are. Now, they need to start imposing the maximum on a few of these repeat offenders and maybe it would get things under control...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
Keep watching the news. You are going to see a lot more arrests like this on TV in the next few months.

Finally.
I smell some "inside knowledge" here, so I am only going to add I for one will be overjoyed to see greater enforcement against this crime...

Maybe SAPD needs an auxillary like New Orleans so Tommy Lee Jones can be our Steven Seagal!

Old 01-12-2010, 05:23 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,385,160 times
They also need to teach these little fools what a felony conviction will do for the rest of their lives. Stupid, STUPID kids and the parents that don't raise them right. I'm glad they're doing something too. It looks so tacky and is something a common animal would do if they had the fingers and a can of paint.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:44 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,023,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
It looks so tacky and is something a common animal would do if they had the fingers and a can of paint.
They already do. It's called spraying and I would rather have a cat spray my fence than one of these little thug wannabes. At least the smell goes away when it's a cat.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:11 AM

443 posts, read 954,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
They already do. It's called spraying and I would rather have a cat spray my fence than one of these little thug wannabes. At least the smell goes away when it's a cat.
You know, that's actually quite a good analogy. Once one cat sprays, you end up having every other cat in town coming by to take a shot. Territorial, ummmm... sprayings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio