Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 06:53 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I don't celebrate the fact that they caught them,
I'd celebrate if they say that they are going to force them to make the wall look the way it was before they messed it up.
Not just the one wall, but many around town that their fellow "artists" (full sarcasm mode) have tagged. And, just so they won't get lonely, I think their parents ought to share in their "rehabilitation sessions!"

Actually, it would be great if they were made to start on the southside cleaning up some of the gang graffiti!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 07:03 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,682,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
I'm glad they caught them, but I'm not glad the kid broke his ankle (although whoever said he'll soon be suing the property owner is most likely spot on, which is nauseating). I also hope they are made to clean the property they tag, and a lot more.
It's a temporary scarlet letter. Hilarious. It will heal.

Now when the teacher, person in the check out line, restaurant server, next door neighbor etc. exclaim "Oh what happened to you?" the kid can reply that he was running from the police after purposefully damaging property while out breaking the city curfew. Ha!

Old 11-08-2009, 07:06 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,192,109 times
Then there was the bonehead that was tagging his way up Potranco Road until he got to a set of mailboxes on Fillmore. He was tagging them while a off-duty SAPD (who was washing his car) watched from across the street. He called downtown and within minutes the little bonehead was sitting in the rear of a patrol car. Seems he was out on probation for doing the same thing earlier this month. When are these judges going to learn ????

Old 11-16-2009, 11:27 PM

1,700 posts, read 5,929,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
it was nice to finally hear something good about taggers (they are NOT artists), especially the one that got hurt.
What makes you say they're not artists? You may not like the painting they did because it was done illegally, but the act of painting will always be an artistic one despite where the painting is. Since the act of painting is always an artistic one, the painter is always an artist. If someone plays music on a street that has banned street performers and gets removed, is that person no longer a musician?

Old 11-17-2009, 02:24 AM

574 posts, read 1,337,938 times
I wish there was something we could do about the suburban sprawl equivalent...billboard adverts and cookie cutter retail/restaurant signage destroying the skyline.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:31 AM

744 posts, read 1,209,383 times
I would love to see the kids also have to do a public service announcement that would be broadcast on several channels explaining why tagging is bad. And I would like to see their parents in the background.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:22 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGrendelx View Post
What makes you say they're not artists? You may not like the painting they did because it was done illegally, but the act of painting will always be an artistic one despite where the painting is. Since the act of painting is always an artistic one, the painter is always an artist. If someone plays music on a street that has banned street performers and gets removed, is that person no longer a musician?
there's already a thread for people like you. Please feel free to sing the praises in that thread and leave this thread for the people that can actually recognize a crime for what it is.
Also, please invite all the little aspiring "artists" to your house and your neighborhood and let them go wild. I'd much rather have one single area to avoid in the city.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:11 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Once the music stops, that's it, you're done. When a tagger is done, there is a mess to be cleaned up, often at someone else's expense. One hasn't damaged anyone else's property and one has. See the difference?

And it IS a mess, because the person who had their property tagged did NOT ask for it and 100% of the time they are angry about it. It may be an art form to you, but to MOST people it's considered illegal, ugly, and RUDE.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:56 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
Quote:
I highly doubt these punks know what art is. They are marking their territory not making art

Old 11-17-2009, 06:25 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
Ron White will always prevail. You can't fix stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio