Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:13 PM

81 posts, read 218,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
I'm not saying North Star wasn't upscale, just not as upscale as La Cantera. And your wrong about it being the only upscale option. You ever heard of Barton Creek Mall?
When was Barton Creek built? When was North Star built?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 08:15 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,414,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abovepar View Post
Did I skip over something discussed earlier? What about Houston? Why is that city mentioned?
Doesn't matter what Ritz planned over 10 years ago is what I am saying.

Quote:
As for the W hotel, that's not a rumor, it's a factuality. What I'm wondering is how exactly it was leaked to this site, or any other for that matter, as developments this delicate are kept tight lipped and even "no commented" upon media inquiries. However, I can't devolve too much about the Kress site, the only thing I can say is that the original idea for the property was to transform the Kress building into a hotel (no brand was selected) and then to build a moderately size residential high rise on the adjoining parking lot. However, in the last year plans changed and now the Kress building will operate as a mixed-use hotel/condo building and a hotel high-rise will take the place of the surface parking lot. Last I checked, negotiations with W were still going strong.

Now, Disney, there's an epic "never dies" rumor or better yet, urban legend.
Yes, it is a rumor. It wasn't leaked to this site, but instead another SkyscraperForum (a lot of it gets posted here late). Once I see ONE San Antonio Business Journal article of any kind, or any rendering (architecture website, etc.), then I'll believe it. For every other rumored development that actual holds concrete, there is a news article and/or a rendering to go along with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schertz1 View Post
When was Barton Creek built? When was North Star built?
Both in the 80's I believe.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:20 PM

North Star Mall opened in 1960, while Barton creek did open in the 80's.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:21 PM

83 posts, read 299,791 times
Quote:
I'm not saying North Star wasn't upscale, just not as upscale as La Cantera. And your wrong about it being the only upscale option. You ever heard of Barton Creek Mall?
nope. thats probably why we say north star was the only option. la cantera isnt much more upscale that north star. just newer. have u been to both. i have. same type of people. same type of shopping. different locations. ones been around longer. what else is there to say. are u saying la cantera was more expensive to build? is that why its more up scale. i have no idea what either cost to build but im guessing thats what your referring to since i cant think of what else would make la cantera so much more up scale.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:22 PM

Default Abovepar

What ever happened to the riverton? It was a midrise condo project planned for dt.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schertz1 View Post
North Star Mall opened in 1960, while Barton creek did open in the 80's.
So for 20 years, North Star was the only option, but for the past 28, it hasn't been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
nope. thats probably why we say north star was the only option. la cantera isnt much more upscale that north star. just newer. have u been to both. i have. same type of people. same type of shopping. different locations. ones been around longer. what else is there to say. are u saying la cantera was more expensive to build? is that why its more up scale. i have no idea what either cost to build but im guessing thats what your referring to since i cant think of what else would make la cantera so much more up scale.
Look at the store listings.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:30 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,000,189 times
Quote:
What did I say about Houston there that you quoted?

"Do I ever read facts" Please explain.
You brought Houston into this discussion over and over. The is the SAN ANTONIO forum and it was a question about the W IN PLANNING in San Antonio.

Facts almost all your post are based of your opinion.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
You brought Houston into this discussion over and over. The is the SAN ANTONIO forum and it was a question about the W IN PLANNING in San Antonio.

Facts almost all your post are based of your opinion.
Please...

The W isn't "in planning". And all of Texas' cities were brought into this thread. I said nothing about Houston in the post you quoted. I said Barton Creek Mall has been in existence for 28 years, and somehow that is talking about Houston to you.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:32 PM

203 posts, read 561,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone View Post
There is nothing upscale about North Star except Saks Fifth Avenue. La Cantera is 100 times better for anyone who has money to spend. Burberry, Hugo Boss, Cole Haan, Tommy Bahama, Tiffany, Tumi, Lacoste just to name a few are all found at La Cantera and not North Star.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:40 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,000,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakssa View Post
There is nothing upscale about North Star except Saks Fifth Avenue. La Cantera is 100 times better for anyone who has money to spend. Burberry, Hugo Boss, Cole Haan, Tommy Bahama, Tiffany, Tumi, Lacoste just to name a few are all found at La Cantera and not North Star.
Wrong all of those brands are found at North Star. They just don't have there own little stores. (except Tiffanys only at La Cantera)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio