Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 05:29 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,506,025 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, first and foremost I would like to say this... For all of you that have served or currently serving, my deepest respects to you! but I just want to to hear some opinions about what a couple of jerks did to me today.

I was working on Medina side of Lackland today, and I was trying to back into the training course they have on the ray ellison side, and there was a pick up truck behind me, so I naturally and courteous that I am, I pulled to the side for about 2-3 mins so they can pass me, so they didnt, I proceeded to back in there when I saw that they stayed behind, as I was backing, the guy pulled up as I was turning and maneuvering he kept creeping up on my blind side, so when I finally got to see him, He was inches away from my right fuel tank. What a horse's ass

So it doesnt end there, well there was the problem that I couldn't budge because I did not want to hit him, so I waited there for about a minute untill he some how got the idea, and backed up a little. But I guess he did not like it because he was mumbling over, I could clearly read his lips when he said ***** and the other six guys that were there, were giving me a stare that they thought was going to tear me apart. Well I decided I had to be the mature one, and just stared at them back. Normally I would get down and confront or asked if there was something wrong. But I thought they might of been stressed out so I let it slide, but dont get me wrong I would of loved to smack that stupid smirk he had on his face.

Sorry for a long post, but I gotta ask, maybe did I do something wrong here?

Any Input is appreciated.

Last edited by Bo; 04-04-2010 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: Changed one word in thread title due to tone issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 05:43 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,378 times
no offense, but beyond the fact that this occurred at Lackland I can't understand this post at all. Perhaps your driving was just as confusing to the other driver as your explanation is here? If they were acting like jerks or were simply clueless, these are two traits that are not exclusive to the military.

Last edited by stoneoak; 03-30-2010 at 06:07 PM..

Old 03-30-2010, 06:26 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
I have noticed a serious decline in the caliber of military people here lately, especially those on the road. They are extremely rude and I know they are military because they are in uniform. They do all sorts of things I would've never dreamed up back when I was active duty and it is a disgrace. I don't know what has happened, but it is mostly the younger crowd, 30 and under. Just a bunch of jerks that are not professional at all. I think this is a good discussion because they need to be called out for what they are. You aren't automatically honored just because of your job, you have to earn respect and many are failing big time.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:37 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
I agree rd2007!
I see them every other day or so, whizzing on by 20 mph over the speed limit and 90% of the time, it's a male younger than 30 in uniform. Maybe the MP's have got to get out there and start disciplining some of these folks!

Old 03-30-2010, 06:46 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,885 times
Next time, get the license plate info and report it to LAFB by phone or online. Military or not, if someone did me wrong like that, I wouldn't let it slide.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:46 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
The ironic part is they are the same ones going 10 MPH Under the speed limit on base, but that's a whole 'nother story..

Old 03-30-2010, 06:52 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,506,025 times
Thanks Everyone, but this was a construction site, on medina.

Stoneoak: no offence taken, but I was backing up on a construction site anyone with a decent sized brain would know that I cant see through the right side of my truck, especially through the sleeper.

I totally agree with you RD, Not to single out the under 30 servicemen crowd, but among the bad apples there are still some honorable and respectable recruits out there.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:03 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,196,629 times
If something like that happens again take your cell phone and call 671-2018, explain the situation and request SP assistance. That should take the smile off his face. AF takes a dim view of service members harassing civilian contractors.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:05 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post
Next time, get the license plate info and report it to LAFB by phone or online. Military or not, if someone did me wrong like that, I wouldn't let it slide.
If it happens offbase, you'd be better off reporting it to the SAPD, it is not a military matter and no commander would spend time looking into it as we don't have access to state vehicle records. However, if it is reported to the SAPD and they take action, then the individual's commander can do so as well.

On base the matter would most likely be over before the sky cops responded. It is a non-emergency situation and not exactly a huge priority. I witnessed an incident just last week that I won't divulge the details, but considering the circumstances I was amazed at how slow the response was.

And while I agree that I see morons in uniform driving like maniacs around here all the time, I also see even more non-military morons doing the same thing; so it isn't a phenomenon unique to those in uniform.

svg210, I am just curious as how you knew these were "military kids?" Are you talking about dependents...whoops, "family members;" or just young guys in uniform? I took your thread title as being the former; but if they were in uniform than it is a completely different matter.

Cheers! M2

Old 03-30-2010, 07:35 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,048,207 times
Hey now, if you don't like how I'm driving then move over to the right hand lane....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: