Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 07:08 AM

44 posts, read 133,860 times

Advertisements

I visited San Jacinto last month and I thought the area was very nice with affordable housing. Does anybody live in this area? My friend who lives in San Jacinto commutes to LA everyday. Is this one of the best areas to live in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 12:56 AM

1 posts, read 9,438 times
Default San jacinto

The area is very nice and its developing. Many new stores are opening. So the area will increase in value soon. My parents live in this city and i used to commute to USC (LA) also, but decided to live in the dorms on compus. I still visit my parents often and i like it.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:32 PM

17 posts, read 51,612 times
Hi. I would like to hear about the San Jacinto area from any locals too. I'm more concerned about being near gangs. Is this a problem in that area? I noticed that the teaching jobs in the local school district(Hemet also) pay very well. I know another teacher who just moved there and she loves it. She has a 7 minute commute and bought a brand new home with a large yard for a very cheap price. Her pay is higher than in Los Angeles too. This is all I know for now. I plan to visit her next weekend to check the area out.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:58 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,025,188 times
I hate to say it because I have a business in San Jacinto and they are a very business-friendly city, but if I were looking in the area for a house I would look in Hemet. But there are bad areas of Hemet too. Look in the newer areas (mostly West Hemet) or some of the more rural areas.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:44 PM

258 posts, read 790,358 times
West Hemet is a better area than most of San Jac, but parts of San Jac are ok, if you have money anywhere can be a nice place to live

Old 10-30-2007, 10:24 PM

13 posts, read 58,464 times
Default I own property there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy44 View Post
I visited San Jacinto last month and I thought the area was very nice with affordable housing. Does anybody live in this area? My friend who lives in San Jacinto commutes to LA everyday. Is this one of the best areas to live in?
My husband and I own a lot in San Jacinto, just at the Hemet border. I don't live there but our son does. His truck was stolen on night, but the police got it back the next day, unharmed. Those things happen anywhere.
I like Hemet better though. I've spent several two and three week visits there and feel pretty safe most places. It is growing fast as it is one of the more affordable places with a commute distance to major cities in So. CA.

The infrastructure is a little lacking, but there is work being done on the roads to improve.
Lots and lots of older retired people. Bless their hearts, but my son says they cause fender benders all the time. I haven't seen that happen though. And there are a lot of mobile homes-retirement communities, etc. There's a quilt shop if you're into that sort of thing, and a lake about 30 minutes away. Palm Springs isn't too far-I think about 50 minutes and factory outlet shopping on the way. The summers are killers though-the heat is awful. Good luck.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:57 PM

4 posts, read 21,584 times
San Jacinto is not good. My house has lost 130K in less than 2 years. We have lots of vandals in the area. The story about felons is true. West of Sanderson is ok but not by much. Regret buying a home. Will probably just walk away and take my losses like a man

Old 06-09-2008, 10:47 AM

113 posts, read 341,988 times
Default NO they don't happen everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabecooler View Post
My husband and I own a lot in San Jacinto, just at the Hemet border. I don't live there but our son does. His truck was stolen on night, but the police got it back the next day, unharmed. Those things happen anywhere.
I like Hemet better though. I've spent several two and three week visits there and feel pretty safe most places. It is growing fast as it is one of the more affordable places with a commute distance to major cities in So. CA.

The infrastructure is a little lacking, but there is work being done on the roads to improve.
Lots and lots of older retired people. Bless their hearts, but my son says they cause fender benders all the time. I haven't seen that happen though. And there are a lot of mobile homes-retirement communities, etc. There's a quilt shop if you're into that sort of thing, and a lake about 30 minutes away. Palm Springs isn't too far-I think about 50 minutes and factory outlet shopping on the way. The summers are killers though-the heat is awful. Good luck.
You are wrong. No. things like THAT don't happen everywhere. Sad when Americans just except this sort of thing. Very Sad.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:37 PM

11 posts, read 48,347 times
Default Good Areas of San Jacinto

My husband and I are in escrow to buy a property in San Jacinto, cross streets Ramona Expressway and San Jacinto Ave. We currently live in Buena Park and are not familiar with the area. Can somebody please tell me if this is a safe area? I have small children and would like to find a nice, quite area that is safe for them.

Thanks,
alfaro951

Old 07-19-2008, 11:36 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
For whatever it is worth:

The housing market in the San Jacinto/Hemet area is imploding as we speak.

Not sure about the quality of the neighborhoods admittedly but, according to realtor.com. one can pick up a single family home for well under $75K now.

I have a friend who lives in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties