Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 12:56 PM

29 posts, read 59,953 times

Advertisements

So what's so great about Rancho Cucamonga? From my observations there is a nice outdoor mall and some nice overpriced track homes. The crime is lower than some surrounding areas but is on the rise and is far from A+ crime ratings more like a c grade. Rancho Cucamonga doesn't have a real dowtown the mall is there dowtown and draws in many undesirable people to Ranch Cucamonga daily. When I drive around Rancho Cucamonga I don't see anything to special some areas in fact are kinda yucky. So am I missing or overlooking something great about Rancho Cucamonga???

Last edited by ThomasG1; 05-22-2015 at 01:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 07:08 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,850,362 times
I think RC is most attractive near the mall and close to the mountains where the new housing development is. That particular style of squeaky-clean tract housing is not that common in this part of SoCal... and a lot of people want cul-de-sacs, subdivisions, and new cookie-cutter homes.

I believe cities like Corona and Chino Hills also have the same draw.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:26 PM

642 posts, read 2,551,280 times
Yes for the IE its pretty upscale as genjy mentioned. I like Corona and CHino Hills better.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:46 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,746,637 times
What do YOU consider "great"?

Old 05-22-2015, 11:59 PM

34 posts, read 54,309 times
It's a nice place to live north of Foothill but it's not Beverly Hills or anything. I worry about its future though. Places like South Gate in LA or Hemet in the IE were once like Rancho..

The nicest parts of the IE are Chino Hills, Lake Arrowhead and the Temecula Valley.

Old 05-23-2015, 03:53 AM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,016 times
Upland, Rancho, Chino HIlls, Corona, Redlands, Temecula and such tend to be the better parts of the IE.

For the most part they are just newer middle to upper middle class burbs. Nothing special, but not as run down or low class as the rest of the IE.

Old 05-23-2015, 12:10 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encino.Man View Post
Places like South Gate in LA or Hemet in the IE were once like Rancho.
South Gate and Hemet were never like Rancho Cucamonga.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:04 PM

34 posts, read 54,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
South Gate and Hemet were never like Rancho Cucamonga.
Hemet was a nice place once, I made a mistake with south gate I was thinking of Downey right next door which used to be upper middle class..the kind of place that the Brady's would have lived lol. The Carpenters grew up there!
Anyways Rancho is nice for now

Old 05-23-2015, 08:10 PM

452 posts, read 619,447 times
I think people in this thread needs to remember the California is a hard place to live. The extra taxes and regulations placed on people and businesses, make for a higher cost of living. That leaves less discretionary spending for things such as housing. That being said, it creates a denser environments which of course means more people means more crime.

when you have a dense environment, it is going to cost more for single-family spread out housing that is common to other states.

what this all means, is that when you have a state like California, with great weather and entertainment, and the high cost of living, It is going to be harder and more expensive to live in a suburban environment. So it is going to cost more, and places like Rancho Cucamonga are going to be considered great.

not everybody can afford wealthy areas like Pasadena, or Torrance. so they want an area with houses restaurants shopping and entertainment like anybody else. Ontario and the Citizens Business Bank Arena provide decent entertainment for the area.

it's not West LA or Pacific Palisades, but for a couple of married people with bachelor's degrees to make alright money, it's a very good middle class environment.

and please excuse my grammar, I'm using the voice recognition software and I'm not going to go back and edit every little thing that is a mistake because of it

Old 05-25-2015, 10:49 PM

29 posts, read 59,953 times
Good info and feedback. I guess Rancho Cucamonga was just a bit to hyped up in description to me. So when I finally got the opportunity to explore RC a bit more for myself it just kinda left me confused on what they were talking about and a little disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties