Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2020, 07:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,188 times

Advertisements

so i rented there for a couple years before the owner decided to put it up for sale . i didn' thave the cash then to swing it so away i went. so i've done some research and wanted to know if anyone that lives in chino or CP can offer additional insights.

1. i was looking at the property taxes and it looks about $8k average, is that true?
2. are there any mello roos, is that included in question 1? i couldn't find specific info or for how long.
3. i realize hoa's vary from $100-$300. how strict are they?
4. i see that real estate is hovering b/w the $400-$700 range. i fig'd with a lot of houses on the market and rona this surely would have dropped.
5. any additional taxes, fees that i should be made aware? i'm a single buyer lookign to buy a home for my [future family] so i want to make sure that i'm not house poor. then again, the new development south of chino airport has more modern amenities (2020) than the cp counterpart (2012) and is competively priced. i'm just not sure if i want to live "amongst so many folks" as i do like a bit of my space.
6. people were cool af with a sense of community but still left you alone so no 'busybodies.'
7. no trash about, people took care of their homes.
8. the drug houses, lol. that was swiftly taken care of and already occupied with real tenants.
9. i noticed a lot of foreign investment with many homes sitting empty.
10. would it be worth buying during rona or just wait til 2021?

if i'm missing anything worth mentioning about college park, please let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2020, 03:28 PM

104 posts, read 213,802 times
Hi there. I don’t live in college park, however, my friend did so I can answer some questions.

Tax rate is about 1.9% which includes special assessments. HOA depends on your home. SFR pays for master association; essentially the parks and pools. Condos pay that plus the condo HOA, which covers the condos insurance and landscaping.

For foreign investors/renters; a lot of newer communities have them. Especially if the original builder does not have investor restrictions. Lennar, the largest builder in the community, does not have an investor restriction.

Similarly, at the preserve, you’ll also have taxes at about 1.9% and either one HOA for SFR and two HOA’s for condos.

I would say the main difference between the two communities, aside for geographic location, is the school district. College park is chino unified and the preserve is chino hills unified. The latter being better.

You could also look into Eastvale and Ontario Ranch. Some neighborhoods in Eastvale have lower tax rates as well as zero or very low HOA’s (not new builds). Ontario Ranch has similar tax rates and HOA as the Chino communities.

Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties