Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 04:01 PM

58 posts, read 165,013 times

Advertisements

Hello!

We are thinking about moving to Temecula! I PERSONALY CAN'T WAIT !!!!!
We will probably get a house in the range $400K-$500K, What are the yearly/monthly fees there? I am talking about the taxes, melaroos...etc

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 07:18 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
Taxes are at least 1% of assessed value statewide. There's usually add-ons and put the final bill somewhat over 1%. I was paying 1.12% in OC. Mello Roos depends on the subdivision but it can double your tax burden. Or you may not have it at all. Have you talked to a realtor?

Old 07-23-2008, 06:13 PM

271 posts, read 1,236,322 times
The Riverside county site will tell you the current taxes. The Mello roos won't change, but the main taxes will be around 1% of what you buy it for.

Temecula is a nice place for SoCal, not as hot, get a little wind, nice hills, nice scenery.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:27 AM

7 posts, read 29,147 times
Default 1.8 tax rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifesWhatUmakeOfIt View Post
[FONT=Arial]Hello![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]We are thinking about moving to Temecula! I PERSONALY CAN'T WAIT !!!!! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]We will probably get a house in the range $400K-$500K, What are the yearly/monthly fees there? I am talking about the taxes, melaroos...etc[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Thank you![/FONT]

1.8 is the average I believe in Temecula. Thats why the schools are so great. There are some small pockets that are 1.2 or so.....

Old 07-26-2008, 05:17 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,582,008 times
Different neighborhoods have different tax rates- that's where a good realtor can help a lot, but you're not going to pay anything above 1.8 or 1.9, which is fantastic compared to what you might pay in, say, Texas (3%!!!). You can get a great place for 1.5% easily. And I'm so glad you're excited to move here. It is such a great town! And in your budget, you can find a nice, nice place. Welcom!

Moderator cut: no signatures please per site ToS

Last edited by da jammer; 08-01-2008 at 08:51 AM..

Old 11-30-2009, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 7,330 times
Okay, started house hunting on-line in Chula Vista and have made my way north (virtually) to the great home prices and bang for the buck of Temecula. I am missing a comparable website to SDLookup.com. This site offered all information on houses...including last assessment values, yearly taxes and HOA's. I am doing this leg work myself by using the various official city and county websites, but am I missing an easier portal? Also, is the University hospital I've heard rumors about going to be built, or not? Is ground broken for it? Thanks in advance for any reply!

Old 11-30-2009, 05:55 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,582,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNindiana View Post
Okay, started house hunting on-line in Chula Vista and have made my way north (virtually) to the great home prices and bang for the buck of Temecula. I am missing a comparable website to SDLookup.com. This site offered all information on houses...including last assessment values, yearly taxes and HOA's. I am doing this leg work myself by using the various official city and county websites, but am I missing an easier portal? Also, is the University hospital I've heard rumors about going to be built, or not? Is ground broken for it? Thanks in advance for any reply!
Have you tried Redfin? The address is www dot Redfin dot com. That one is my favorite. Second fave would be Trulia ( www dot Trulia dot com). And as a greater S.D. area resident for the last 8 years, I can tell you that Temecula is waaaaaaaay nicer than Chula Vista- although if you are *working* in Chula Vista, I would not recommend trying to make that commute!

Good luck .

Old 11-30-2009, 06:54 PM

458 posts, read 1,262,833 times
We just bought a house in Temecula and we are loving it. We were living in Ocean Beach in SD, so it is a bit different up here but it is a good different. We bought in Redhawk and love the area and we think we got a great deal on a house. I use to frequent sdlookup all the time and had the same issue when we started to look for a house up here in Temecula. I would use the ones Dweej listed above and I also found Ziprealty to be pretty good. Good luck with your house hunt. It is a beautiful area and your money goes a really long way.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:56 PM

458 posts, read 1,262,833 times
Oh yeah and about the Hospital, last I heard they are waiting for a couple of signatures or permits or something. I am hoping it gets the OK soon.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:18 PM

2 posts, read 7,330 times
Dweej,
Thanks sooo much. Redfin is exactly what I was looking for. I just spent about an hour getting info that has taken me forever my old way! Truly valuable site. (Why did I wait so long to post my plea for help?)
Danalysd, We are closely watching the houses in Redhawk. My husband is retired so he loves the idea of being so close to that incredible golf course. AND, as I am not retired, I am closely watching the hospital situation near Temecula...so thanks for word of the new build. I love university affiliated hospitals, so I am hoping that all goes well there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties