Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:42 PM

6 posts, read 26,746 times

Advertisements

I've lived in Rancho cucamonga for 10 years and have had no problems , although when the bad loans where in abundance alot of people that would of never qualified for a house in Rancho cucamonga did so the lower income came in the neighborhood , stay away from Grove / Arrow route area it's to close to Ontario's bad side, Upland is o.k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 06:21 AM

1 posts, read 5,018 times
Yes I currently live in Ontario. There are some ruff looking spots south of Foothill road in the mission, holt, Archibald areas in Ontario. I would consider any area centrally above, a little NW & NE above Church, Baseline Rd, closer to 210 HWY and above 210 HWY area good. Anything going east toward San Bernadino, going west toward Upland are bad. Going south below Foothill and slightly above Foothill in Fontana is bad and depressing. The Vineyard Rd area in Upland is depressing and bad as well. I am looking to buy a house in North Rancho Cucamonga, North Fontana areas. Those areas are good and houses cost more in those areas compare to any other. Where Victoria Mall is on Day Creek Rd and going further up towards the 210 HWY is nice. If the housing market gets better in the future I believe you can make a profit in the future if you sell. I have now been living in the Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga area for 3 years now. For 3 years I have learned where the good and bad areas are located. Believe me stick North closer to 210 HWY area for both Rancho Cucamonga and Fontana. Very nice and desirable part to be. The only drawback to those areas are the winds it is closer to the mountains. It can get very windy in that area. I hope this post help you all.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:41 AM

2 posts, read 7,173 times
Etiwanda is part of the Chaffey school district and their test scores are among the highest in California.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:17 PM

493 posts, read 1,446,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnheikes View Post
The zip code for most of Rancho is 91730. Im laughing, because Rancho Cucamonga has many bad areas. I have lived here for many years. The areas to watch out for are Lemon and Haven,
I have to bow to your more intimate knowledge since you live there, but what's bad about the area around Lemon and Haven?

My wife has been a professor at Chaffey College for over 20 years, and I've never heard of anything going down in the area that you mention.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:59 PM

10 posts, read 172,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlowman View Post
I have to bow to your more intimate knowledge since you live there, but what's bad about the area around Lemon and Haven?

My wife has been a professor at Chaffey College for over 20 years, and I've never heard of anything going down in the area that you mention.

Looking at the crime stats here:

Crime Mapping - Map

He seems pretty right..

In the last month and a half there have been more than THREE grand theft auto's int he area along with multiple break-ins and such.

I hear there's a lot of apartments there and I imagine that this is probably the reason why, but north of the 210, it does seem like the hottest crime spot in that area.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:29 PM

107 posts, read 580,046 times
areas closer to the 10 fwy and below 10fwy are less "prestigious" if you get my drift

Old 04-08-2010, 12:26 PM

5 posts, read 18,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergin View Post
Looking at the crime stats here:

Crime Mapping - Map

He seems pretty right..

In the last month and a half there have been more than THREE grand theft auto's int he area along with multiple break-ins and such.

I hear there's a lot of apartments there and I imagine that this is probably the reason why, but north of the 210, it does seem like the hottest crime spot in that area.
That crime mapping thing is a joke. I just put in the city of Fort Wayne, Indiana, and is showed "0" crimes. *lol* I know for a fact that there have been murders, robberies, assaults, etc. In the past 30 days in this city, so I would not use that site to make my decision.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,136 times
So yeah there's six gangs in RC in even tagging crews I even saw the Mongols and the vagos motorcycle gang in even the hessians biker gang
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties