Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 01:28 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,974,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
I don't know if there are even any places left in San Diego with dress codes.
I was trying hard to think of any restaurants where you're required to wear a coat and tie. I can't think of any. Seriously, even high end places like George's will let you in if you're wearing jeans!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 07:45 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,274,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
I was trying hard to think of any restaurants where you're required to wear a coat and tie. I can't think of any. Seriously, even high end places like George's will let you in if you're wearing jeans!
Only two I have been to are: AR Valentien at The Lodge and El Bizcocho at the inn at Rancho Bernardo

In some ways I miss the dress formality but glad it's not considered status quo for everyday attire. The cosmopolitan cities are welcome to battle it out for those prizes

Last edited by shmoov_groovzsd; 01-11-2012 at 08:09 AM..

Old 01-11-2012, 07:57 AM

50,273 posts, read 47,032,885 times
I had to wear a tie for 15 years. Same place now? Nope.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:34 PM

124 posts, read 245,521 times
When I moved to San Diego, I was still wearing stockings and heels to work. It didn't take me long to shed those for jeans and flip-flops. I was genuinely surprised when I was told I was over-dressing! I love not having to wear suits, skirts, etc., especially since I'm a jeans/t-shirt kinda gal to begin with. If I ever move back to my home state, it's going to be a difficult adjustment to revert to corporate garb.

BTW...on a different note, how do I change that little tag line under my name? I see others with something other than "senior member" and the like. I'd like to edit mine.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:51 AM

14 posts, read 18,237 times
From some of the posts here it seems some put more effort into the "casual" look than is necessary. For me it's khakis and a polo, day in and day out.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:07 AM

2,299 posts, read 4,826,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine_Ms._Q View Post
When I moved to San Diego, I was still wearing stockings and heels to work. It didn't take me long to shed those for jeans and flip-flops. I was genuinely surprised when I was told I was over-dressing! I love not having to wear suits, skirts, etc., especially since I'm a jeans/t-shirt kinda gal to begin with. If I ever move back to my home state, it's going to be a difficult adjustment to revert to corporate garb.

BTW...on a different note, how do I change that little tag line under my name? I see others with something other than "senior member" and the like. I'd like to edit mine.
When you click on your name, there is an edit option and once you click on that, you can put whatever status you want.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:51 AM

490 posts, read 1,555,700 times
and again, a certain person who doesn't live here anymore maybe should quit posting & get some counseling. . .

Old 01-12-2012, 10:13 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
San Diego is not "dumpy casual" at all.
In fact, that's kind of insulting. I think people from Ohio and Missouri are "dumpy casual"...

I would say San Diego is more like "snappy casual"

Old 01-12-2012, 12:46 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,594,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
San Diego is not "dumpy casual" at all.
In fact, that's kind of insulting. I think people from Ohio and Missouri are "dumpy casual"...

I would say San Diego is more like "snappy casual"
So ... you're insulting people from Ohio and Missouri?

I'd say it's all relative. Someone from New York who's into fashion might see San Diego casual as 'dumpy'. I don't consider it insulting. But then, I'm an anti-fashionista.

Having read more of the OP's posts, sonce the time he first made this comment, I'm wondering how he dares dress 'dumpy casual'. Isn't he worried about being mistaken for one of the bums he complains about?

Old 01-12-2012, 12:52 PM

124 posts, read 245,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
When you click on your name, there is an edit option and once you click on that, you can put whatever status you want.
Thank you, but what I'm trying to change is where it indicates "senior member." I see some that have been able to change that and wondered how they did it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego