Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 04:39 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,579,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
That's funny. If Temecula is trashy, 99.99999% of the US must be trashy. If I remember a prior post correctly, you saw some undesirables in an area of Temecula with a lot of apartment complexes and labeled the town trashy

On an unrelated note, it seemed like you were liking Spokane. Was it the winter?
I still like Spoke-Orleans.....only intended to stay a year. And yes, I know about Washington weather, lived here most of my life......it does suck for the most part.

I have visited to Temecula quiet a bit. I am not saying it is Ghettoistan or anything, compared to Fallbrook though......lots of Baby Mama and Baggy Pants/sideways ballcap types.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 05:26 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,408,854 times
Fallbrook shopping leaves a lot to be desired. Need to venture out for anything outside of the ordinary. So far have hit Temecula and Oceanside mainly. Depending on the hr of the day and the construction going on, dictates in which direction we go. No complaints so far! =)

Old 06-06-2012, 10:56 PM

1,029 posts, read 2,481,675 times
I think there is an outlet mall in Carlsbad. I just went to one down south and bought some new nikes there:

Here is the link for Carlsbad:

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=66

This is the one I shop at:

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=76

Old 06-07-2012, 02:11 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,377,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Fallbrook shopping leaves a lot to be desired. Need to venture out for anything outside of the ordinary.
When you can stay in town to shop, you might want to do just that. Fallbrook is a small town, and you'll be helping your neighbors if you give them your business. And there are definitely businesses that carry "outside of the ordinary" merchandise!

Just wait until your first Christmas parade! Seeing the entire town turn out, and every other kid in town, riding a float or marching in a band, or dancing the whole way? It really makes you realize just how small and just how connected Fallbrook really is! Walking the parade route I would see at least 100 people on the sidewalks, watching, that I knew - that were friends - and we'd done business together. it's that small of a town!

I actually grew up in between Vista and Bonsall, but I spent 15 years living in Fallbrook. I've also lived in San Diego, Los Angeles, and Orange County. I moved to Riverside County a few years ago for family reasons, and am happy here, but Fallbrook is still the best place I've ever lived!

Old 06-07-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
When you can stay in town to shop, you might want to do just that. Fallbrook is a small town, and you'll be helping your neighbors if you give them your business. And there are definitely businesses that carry "outside of the ordinary" merchandise!

Just wait until your first Christmas parade! Seeing the entire town turn out, and every other kid in town, riding a float or marching in a band, or dancing the whole way? It really makes you realize just how small and just how connected Fallbrook really is! Walking the parade route I would see at least 100 people on the sidewalks, watching, that I knew - that were friends - and we'd done business together. it's that small of a town!

I actually grew up in between Vista and Bonsall, but I spent 15 years living in Fallbrook. I've also lived in San Diego, Los Angeles, and Orange County. I moved to Riverside County a few years ago for family reasons, and am happy here, but Fallbrook is still the best place I've ever lived!
Thanks for your input! Your love of the area gleams through!

Old 06-07-2012, 01:03 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,735,238 times
Quote:
That's funny. If Temecula is trashy, 99.99999% of the US must be trashy. If I remember a prior post correctly, you saw some undesirables in an area of Temecula with a lot of apartment complexes and labeled the town trashy
You gotta consider the source. Tickyul has the most warped view of San Diego that I've ever seen on this site.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:05 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,735,238 times
Glad to you made it, ShelbyGirl!

Quote:

On an unrelated note, it seemed like you were liking Spokane. Was it the winter?
You gotta consider the source. Tickyul has the most warped of view of San Diego that I've ever seen on this site.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Glad to you made it, ShelbyGirl!

You gotta consider the source. Tickyul has the most warped of view of San Diego that I've ever seen on this site.
Many thanks sdurbanite! I'm thinking any desirable place that as weather such as SD, the "trash" is bound to accumulate in certain areas. The nicest towns always have a section that your are warned about. We noticed in many of the surrounding towns, they have their share of pan handlers, etc. standing in shopping centers. Have seen it in Florida, California and even Hawaii. "Trash" likes nice weather too!

Old 06-15-2012, 04:27 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,689,857 times
You might be interested in attending the "Carlsbad Cars and Coffee" meet. It happens every Saturday morning starting at about 7:00am in front of the Starbucks at the Carlsbad Outlet Mall parking lot. It's usually over by 9:30am so there's still plenty of time for the rest of your day.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:33 PM

Hey Thanks Axxlrod! Is it every Sat. am? We use to attend Cars and Coffee in Houston, but it was just the first Sat. of the month. How is parking to show?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego