Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 09:16 PM

2,634 posts, read 3,694,906 times

Advertisements

US Drought Monitor

Climate Prediction Center - United States Drought Information

See D2 through D4 on the first map? Just what other states are these major cities/states going to get water from, considering they are all in the same boat? You think PA is going to give some of its water to NM? and, even if PA wanted to, how would PA do that?

Phoenix is in much better shape than most any other city in the lower SW. You think that if Phoenix becomes the only city with a lot of water -- what do you think surrounding cities and states are going to do? Just sit there and applaud for Phoenix?

And you're going to be lucky if you can retire and travel. Watch what happens in the next 10 years. You REALLY think the stock market is a true gauge as to how well the economy is doing in The US? An almost separate issue: it's much more difficult to travel within and out of The US now than it was before 9/11. You think travel is going to become easier or harder? Just give a good educated guess. HOWEVER, I do think that some years down the road Europe's economy may be in better shape than ours (of course, no one knows that for a fact). So living in Europe -- if you don't rely on US dollars (which will probably not be worth very much in 10+ years -- or sooner) -- may very well be a wise thing to do.

You can laugh at me if you want to -- but I lived in Germany for almost 3 years. I got to know quite well old Germans who were young adults pre-Hitler and during Hitler. I had never before understood how that could happen to a country -- any country -- but especially Germany. At the end of those three years, after having talked with so many, I understood quite well. They were just too busy going about their lives to be bothered with what was really happening with their government. They actually said so. They never even dreamed of what Hitler had in mind, and when it was actually all in place, they were too afraid for their lives not to go along. And something very similar is happening here now. You need to wake up and start seeing what is happening all around us. We really are a nation of sheep. The only good thing is that climate change will probably do us in before our government does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego