Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 08:55 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times

Advertisements

Nado's mayor under fire:
10News - Coronado Mayor Casey Tanaka explains controversial vote - 10News.com - News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 02:08 AM

401 posts, read 444,692 times
*Opens ballot sample*

That's it?

Sigh...

Old 10-19-2013, 08:27 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,597,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Dutchman View Post
*Opens ballot sample*

That's it?

Sigh...
Yep. There's no one on that ballot that I *want* as mayor. So I'll wind up voting for the least undesireable of them.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:23 AM

745 posts, read 1,568,503 times
I think it's a race between Falconer and Fletcher. I like Fletcher because he has no party loyalty. I am fed up with political parties right now and like the idea of someone who doesn't have any party's backing.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:45 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,025,774 times
This is a copy of an earlier thread I posted. Sorry for the shameless cut and paste just thought it was still relevant.

I don't live in the confines of the City of San Diego, so my input is just opinion only. But I do own property in San Diego so I am always interested in these types of things. My take is:

Fletcher is younger and better looking than Faulconer. This seems to be an important asset these days, when electing politicians, but it definitely wasn't a factor last go around. I think what will be a factor is if Fletcher is willing to prostitute himself out to Labor Unions (SEIU)...he will be unbeatable.

Faulconer has a mean face and his smile seems contrived. Reminds me of John McCain. Again, these are things voters may not like.

Aguirre is too old and may remind people of Filner. Kinda has the same disposition as well.

It is a shame, but this is the way things are, we elect official much like the way we voted in the head cheerleader in highschool.

Some people pay attention to the issues but most don't and make the popular or "what's in it for me vote".

Old 10-19-2013, 05:50 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,385,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2SD View Post
Too true...hilarious indeed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Dutchman View Post
*Opens ballot sample*

That's it?

Sigh...
Yeah, I opened it up and just died laughing reading it. LOL. All he left off was that he was going to find a cure for cancer, cure AIDS, solve world hunger and bring world peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
Yep. There's no one on that ballot that I *want* as mayor. So I'll wind up voting for the least undesireable of them.
Actually I would prefer Fletcher or Faulconer vs. Filner any day of the week.

Is anyone else going to that debate between the candidates on November 5 at 6 PM at Birch North Park Theatre? It was sponsored by the VOSD. I signed up to go and plan on going as long as I'm not out of town on business. Is anyone else going?

https://www.eventbrite.com/event/866...=eemailordconf

Old 10-23-2013, 12:53 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
San Diego City Beat has endorsed Alvarez for mayor. I honestly still haven't even bothered to start looking at the candidates nor have I even opened the voter guide yet.

David Alvarez for San Diego mayor

I do note that both the left and the right seem to dislike Agguire and wish he would go away.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
San Diego City Beat has endorsed Alvarez for mayor. I honestly still haven't even bothered to start looking at the candidates nor have I even opened the voter guide yet.

David Alvarez for San Diego mayor

I do note that both the left and the right seem to dislike Agguire and wish he would go away.
I wouldn't give too much credibility to the San Diego City Beat. They picked Filner last year! Enough said.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:03 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
On paper Filner looked great. Sadly, the man just couldn't control his sexual urges at all.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
On paper Filner looked great. Sadly, the man just couldn't control his sexual urges at all.
Well, I always thought the guy had the "I'm a Congressman I can do whatever I want" attitude. In life, especially politics you can't just go by "paper".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego