Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 01:54 PM

22 posts, read 35,672 times

Advertisements

Thanks malcorub16 to put people back to the initial request. I guess everybody has a different definition of quality of life... I already tested google direction from most area in Escondido and they are all between 30 to 40 minutes from LJ (UC campus in fact). Time would be around 830AM and back around 430PM. This is my wife commute. I work in Mission Valley which wont be a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 02:34 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,606,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly123 View Post
Thanks malcorub16 to put people back to the initial request. I guess everybody has a different definition of quality of life... I already tested google direction from most area in Escondido and they are all between 30 to 40 minutes from LJ (UC campus in fact). Time would be around 830AM and back around 430PM. This is my wife commute. I work in Mission Valley which wont be a problem.
At 8:30 and 4:30 you'll still have some rush hour traffic. That'll add some time - maybe 10 minutes - to the commute from Escondido.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:45 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,131,949 times
Google may not be real life. If you are using the 78 as a commute path from Escondido your times will be more variable. In addition while you CAN get more house for your money in Escondido there are reasons for that, notably schools and weather. Escondido is hot in summer.

I commute on the 56 from Poway and I get to Encinitas in 20 minutes and back however my commutes are 0600 and 1930. When I do go at typical commute times it would be 40 minutes from my area. In addition, since kids are the priority your selection of schools and tutors and private is richer in this area. Also consider UTC. While at the upper of your price range there are many options for schools and private abounds. I mean to say that happiness comes in many forms kids being numero uno.

Good luck in your searches. If you want professional help pm me and I can direct you to an excellent pro who helped me as well.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:54 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,159,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Also consider UTC. While at the upper of your price range there are many options for schools and private abounds. I mean to say that happiness comes in many forms kids being numero uno.
Hey AADad, but that would mean having the OP look in another desirable area (I guess desirable just to us) and probably sacrifice the big house/big lot, but as has been made quite clear to me, that is out. I would say this is a non starter. I have to admit the house OP posted in Escondido was very appealing, but location is everything.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:37 PM

I WANT A BIG LOT! Where I can grow fruit trees, organic garden and a big patch of grass to play football with my son. I want to have a big swimming pool and be able to skinny dip at night with my wife without having the neighbor looking over the fence or by his window. I want a outdoor kitchen to entertain parties. I want a big 2-3 car garage to put all my **** in there. If there is a guest house, good for the our parents from Canada, that a plus. There are excellent charter schools and some great public in certain areas. This is NOT downtown Escondido.

This is a desirable area for me. Location IS everything and this is the perfect location for that $750k price range.

Old 02-17-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I WANT A BIG LOT! Where I can grow fruit trees, organic garden and a big patch of grass to play football with my son. I want to have a big swimming pool and be able to skinny dip at night with my wife without having the neighbor looking over the fence or by his window. I want a outdoor kitchen to entertain parties. I want a big 2-3 car garage to put all my **** in there. If there is a guest house, good for the our parents from Canada, that a plus. There are excellent charter schools and some great public in certain areas. This is NOT downtown Escondido.

This is a desirable area for me. Location IS everything and this is the perfect location for that $750k price range.

Actually now I get you much better since you've explained it in a way my feeble reptilian male brain can understand your smarter male brain. Now it all makes sense to me and I feel you on the pool and outdoor kitchen! I am a pool guy; love pools and outdoor grillls and now understand that you don't care if it gets hot - it's a good thing. Ok, well, since you are willing to sacrifice on the commute to get what you really want, I say go for it. But between the two houses you showed us in Escondido, only the cheaper one had some serious back yard- enough for what you described. You are not going to find a house that awesome for that price in Poway. That part of Escondido is also good unlike some other parts. I cannot think of many other places that I think would be like that except Poway itself, but at huge cost. Bingo, I got it.

Now that I completely understand, I know there were houses like that in San Marcos, but that wouldn't help you at all since that is even further away. There are also amazing houses like what you are after in Valley Center, Rainbow or Fallbrook, but those are even further away. Be sure to find out if it has a septic tank, if so, remember there are costs with that.

One of those Escondido houses had stools in the water. Perfect for drinks.

Good luck.

Old 02-17-2014, 04:29 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,131,949 times
Quote:

Then by all means it sounds like you have done your homework. Just pull the trigger....=)

Old 02-17-2014, 04:33 PM

One more thing, in addition to septic tanks (find about about sewer service) be careful and investigate water costs in Escondido. I know that in neighboring Fallbrook, residents are being SCALPED for water. Be careful, do your homework on water and sewer. Having a pool in Fallbrook is very very expensive.

Old 02-17-2014, 04:41 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,606,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
.... You are not going to find a house that awesome for that price in Poway.....
You can find a decent-sized lot with a house in Poway. The house won't be as awesome, but there are houses with decent-size lots in the southern (older) part of Poway.

If the person working in La Jolla works for UCSD, there may be an opportunity to van-pool from Escondido or Poway. I van-pooled from Rancho Penasquitos to UCSD, several years ago.

Old 02-17-2014, 04:46 PM

Thank you guys. You helped me to make my mind. I still have some homework to do. I have some time to wait for the perfect house also...Maybe a short sale in Poway...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego