Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 02:25 AM

1 posts, read 6,945 times

Advertisements

Dove Eagle, I am an african american male and I am seriously thinking of moving to SD and starting a company. What types of problem might I encounter living and doing business in SD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 09:39 AM

315 posts, read 821,097 times
well im black in SD, 95% of black ppl i see here have no money.. so if u r black, i would think twice unless u already have a job lined up.. i have my own company so its ok.. dont experience much racism except sometimes people looking at me like how did u afford that car, or looking when im in the elevator like how can you live in this building..

otherwise san diego is not bad.. theres way worse places like phoenix, kentucky.lol

Old 07-11-2010, 02:20 PM

9 posts, read 27,768 times
Well I will say this I'm mixed with black indian and white.. I know CONFUSED KID hahaha. I'm moving from seattle to san diego but I grew up in the south NC AL GA.. I have vacation in SD. To be honest if you guys think SD is racist I would invite anybody to take a road trip with me in certain parts of Alabama South Carolina Georgia even North Carolina the small towns haha. You will be running back to SD kissing the ground ... You will find out really quick San Diego is heaven on earth to people of color.. In a few these town in the south you can't be black latin Jew Gay and don't be middle eastern they think they are at war with you because of 9 11 and trying to teach there kids Muslim faith hahaha.. Even worse don't be white and hang with other races or white AND GAY. These are the people that have bible in one hand and there Gun in another.. Trust me when I say San diego is not racist I have never seen a pickup truck and a rope in San diego but in some these small towns in the south you might just see it haha. Me and my friend were talking about the south the other day he was telling how this racist guy in GA said something to him about his kind destroying american and killed Jesus HAHAHA.. He was like umm that is the first time I was ever charged with the murder of Jesus he did not know rather he should feel flattered for this guy thinking he had that type of power or mad. haha..

Old 07-11-2010, 02:27 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,621,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM240 View Post
Well I will say this I'm mixed with black indian and white.. I know CONFUSED KID hahaha. I'm moving from seattle to san diego but I grew up in the south NC AL GA.. I have vacation in SD. To be honest if you guys think SD is racist I would invite anybody to take a road trip with me in certain parts of Alabama South Carolina Georgia even North Carolina the small towns haha. You will be running back to SD kissing the ground ... You will find out really quick San Diego is heaven on earth to people of color.. In a few these town in the south you can't be black latin Jew Gay and don't be middle eastern they think they are at war with you because of 9 11 and trying to teach there kids Muslim faith hahaha.. Even worse don't be white and hang with other races or white AND GAY. These are the people that have bible in one hand and there Gun in another.. Trust me when I say San diego is not racist I have never seen a pickup truck and a rope in San diego but in some these small towns in the south you might just see it haha. Me and my friend were talking about the south the other day he was telling how this racist guy in GA said something to him about his kind destroying american and killed Jesus HAHAHA.. He was like umm that is the first time I was ever charged with the murder of Jesus he did not know rather he should feel flattered for this guy thinking he had that type of power or mad. haha..
You are correct about most parts of the south. However, San Diego's North County, is another matter. I encountered multitude of racism in Fallbrook, where the Aryan Leader has lived, for many years. His son and him have all those people there brainwashed...............And let's not forget Orange County...............

The city of San Diego is multifaceted, therefore, it has much less racism than North County

Old 07-11-2010, 02:34 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
You are correct about most parts of the south. However, San Diego's North County, is another matter. I encountered multitude of racism in Fallbrook, where the Aryan Leader has lived, for many years. His son and him have all those people there brainwashed...............And let's not forget Orange County...............

The city of San Diego is multifaceted, therefore, it has much less racism than North County
Interesting, you guys can always dig up posts that are as old as the hills, this one started 3 years ago.

Nita

Old 07-12-2010, 05:31 PM

man anyone who says san diego isnt really racist, is kidding themselves..

im black, i live here, and i know what i experience...

its not in_your_face_ racism, but they judge black people which i dont really blame them,some of the black guys here are ridiculously ghetto, heck id be scared of em at night too.lol

its funny how many girls wont date a black guy in SD, in NJ its the other way around, i dont know any girls that wont date a black guy.. here ive met tons of girls that wont even give u attention cuz u r black

then i get the people in my elevator thinking im a technician or something going to fix someones cable or tv upstairs..heh.lol ive gotten asked so u live here, and im like yeah, then their surprise, then next question is hmm so what kind of work do u do? lol

but then again im the idiot who lives in a place and pays almost $4k a month rent, so i guess thats expected

but yes racism is here and alive, but u wont be called the N word on the streets, but there are a lot of people here who will not befriend or hang out with black people..

Old 07-12-2010, 06:00 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmanz View Post
man anyone who says san diego isnt really racist, is kidding themselves..

im black, i live here, and i know what i experience...

its not in_your_face_ racism, but they judge black people which i dont really blame them,some of the black guys here are ridiculously ghetto, heck id be scared of em at night too.lol

its funny how many girls wont date a black guy in SD, in NJ its the other way around, i dont know any girls that wont date a black guy.. here ive met tons of girls that wont even give u attention cuz u r black

then i get the people in my elevator thinking im a technician or something going to fix someones cable or tv upstairs..heh.lol ive gotten asked so u live here, and im like yeah, then their surprise, then next question is hmm so what kind of work do u do? lol

but then again im the idiot who lives in a place and pays almost $4k a month rent, so i guess thats expected

but yes racism is here and alive, but u wont be called the N word on the streets, but there are a lot of people here who will not befriend or hang out with black people..
How right you are. It's not in your face blind bigotry but that doesn't mean it isn't here. Racism here is very subtle, often exceptionally subtle. It's more the type where you feel like the invisible man most of the time.

As far as dating is concerned, all but one of my girlfriend's were from somewhere else, including my current one. It's hard for men to date in SD as it is, when you're a black man it can be even harder. Not impossible obviously but still a challenge.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
How right you are. It's not in your face blind bigotry but that doesn't mean it isn't here. Racism here is very subtle, often exceptionally subtle. It's more the type where you feel like the invisible man most of the time.

As far as dating is concerned, all but one of my girlfriend's were from somewhere else, including my current one. It's hard for men to date in SD as it is, when you're a black man it can be even harder. Not impossible obviously but still a challenge.
yup.. i feel like the invisible man a lot. hehe

and yup a black guy here DEF fares a lot worse than a white guy/marine type dude...

i mean look at some dating ads for san diego, 80% of them have sorry not into black guys..

Old 07-12-2010, 07:08 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmanz View Post
yup.. i feel like the invisible man a lot. hehe

and yup a black guy here DEF fares a lot worse than a white guy/marine type dude...

i mean look at some dating ads for san diego, 80% of them have sorry not into black guys..
When I used to look at those, I did notice that. They either said that or described someone who very obviously wouldn't be a black guy, there's a lot of that lol

Old 07-12-2010, 07:22 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
Im black, my wife is carlsbad born and bred. From my experiences up and down the state, san diego has by far the worst race relations out of all the major metros in CA. And this includces the central valley metros too. Maybe others have experienced different but I have not.

East county san diego is a laugh. People running around with confenderate flags trying to speak in southern twang when they are from california. LoL what a riot. I didn't even know california had places like that until I went down there.

I thought the whole "white power" movement stopped being en vogue after waco, ruby ridge, and the oklahoma city bombings but I guess I was wrong as far as east county is concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego