Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 10:32 AM

762 posts, read 611,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
I like dogs...but I like children and humans in general better...Last week I was on the beach relaxing with my grand daughter...suddenly the childless dog folks arrived....eventually there were 16 dogs running wild and I felt crowded out. One large mutt ran up and snatched the child's lunch....swallowed it all in a second...the owner had no control over the dog...also - all I could smell was dog crap...This is a beautiful beach...but woman - children and men come first...dogs are not equals when it comes to me....they are dogs.
I respectfully disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 11:53 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdomsDealer View Post
I respectfully disagree.
I agree. I'll take dogs over screaming, uncontrolled kids any day.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:45 PM

1,600 posts, read 939,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I agree. I'll take dogs over screaming, uncontrolled kids any day.
Funny....you all were at one time one of those screaming kids. Children don't pee and take dumps where I want to walk and sit. Get doggie diapers please.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:51 PM

I've seen more behaved dogs at parks and beaches vs behaved kids.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
I've seen more behaved dogs at parks and beaches vs behaved kids.
And I've seen more behaved kids at parks and beaches vs behaved dogs. What's your point?

Old 08-21-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metoque View Post
And I've seen more behaved kids at parks and beaches vs behaved dogs. What's your point?
What's yours?

Old 08-21-2016, 08:30 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post

I've never seen any dog waste on the part of Pacific Beach where I frequent (Law Street down to a few lifeguard towers past Crystal Pier).

I understand not having dogs on the beach during the most crowded parts of the day/year. The winter hours are a little less understandable, if the dog is on a leash.
You are not looking hard enough. Everyone drags their dog down to the grass before light so no one sees them. They put enough effort into it that I can't believe they don't pick up afterwards.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:17 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times
I think dogs on beaches is disgusting. And I am a huge dog lover. I mean..how can you think that is sanitary? No way people will pick up after their dog all the time..and pick up WELL..after their dog. And what about pee? How do you pick that up?

Whyyyyy do people just NEED to bring their dog on a beach that people use. Uggh.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:39 PM

511 posts, read 625,647 times
I'm a dog lover and dog owner, and I understand why there are so many dog rules. It's because of the irresponsible dog owners who let their dogs defecate anywhere and don't pick up after the dog and then let them run loose to bother people and other dogs who are minding their own business.

Do you know what I wish for, and I am serious and really mean it? I wish THIS for those people who don't pick up after their dogs. I wish that they are going for the most incredible job interview. The woman is in her Jimmy Choos and as she steps onto the sidewalk to get into her car, she steps in the biggest, smelliest pile of dog doo she's ever seen. You know, a Mastiff's dog doo. Yep, and it oozes into the shoe, and that's how she begins the day. I wish the same for the same selfish man. Of course, he's probably not wearing Jimmy Choos unless he's on his way to an interview at the Brass Rail, maybe.

OK, I'm done with my rant. I love my dogs and take them everywhere I can, and as the years pass, there are fewer places I can take them because of the losers who let their dogs run loose and bother people and who don't pick up their dog's mess.

I have a German Shepherd, and she's not into other dogs, but I have her well trained, and she does what I tell her. I also have a super friendly Brittany who is also exceptionally well trained. I can take both dogs anywhere off leash and expect them to do exactly as I say all the time. I've been able to pull both dogs off the chase of a coyote with one recall, and if you know anything about dogs, you know that's something.

People let their dogs, esp the small dogs, snarl and snap at my calm dogs as we pass. I used to tell my dogs to be quiet, to ignore, but you know, I don't do that any more. My Brittany doesn't care one way or the other. She just ignores and moves on. However, my GSD does take notice. I used to tell her to ignore, and she would remain quiet, but now, hmmm. Why should my dog be chastised for their dog's bad behavior? So now I let her give a good bark back, and few dogs can bark as loudly and look as ferocious as a GSD. She doesn't lunge but her one snarl and super loud bark get their attention, and then I tell her to calm, and she does.

Of course, the owners are appalled and say nasty things about me and my vicious dog, and I tell them to train their dogs because the next dog they challenge might not be as well behaved as mine. I took a bite from my own dog when she was very young and we were still working on training. Some lovely soul was letting his Jack Russell run loose on his front lawn, and when we walked by (with my dog on leash), the dog ran straight for my GSD's face and started jumping up to bite her in the face. I stepped out into the road and did everything I could to stay in between them, twirling my dog behind me, but JRTs are quick and agile. The owner literally stood at the side of his lawn watching, not even attempting to call his dog or come get him. I knew my dog, if she bit the stupid thing, would either kill the dog or damage him badly. She was ferocious and serious about getting at that dog who kept jumping up to get her in the face. My dog ended up biting my leg as I kept in between the dogs, and eventually I kicked the dog and sent it flying, and that gave me the time to get my dog into a sit and the JRT, I guess afraid of getting kicked again, didn't rush back. I then turned and walked away, so I don't know what the idiot owner did.

I've had similar things happen with my Brittany, super friendly dog who has no beef with any other dog, but the big loose dogs have charged her, too. These irresponisble dog owners ruin it for the rest of us. And I would say more people pick up after their dogs than do not. But all it takes is a few to ruin it for all. I'll end with this rant.

I take my dog to a fantastic middle school grassy sports field near my house. It's the best place to take a dog and play ball and run off-leash. I was recently approached by a coach asking me to pick up after my dog. He said his kids were landing in the dog doo, and please be responsible. Can you imagine your kid going to baseball practice and slipping in dog crap as he goes to catch the ball and then falling in it?

Now you know why there are so many rules banning dogs from public areas. I hope on the way to their wedding right before they step into the limo, they land in a juicy, smelly, pile of you-know-what!

Old 08-21-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
What's yours?
That you don't have one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego