Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 11:04 PM

762 posts, read 611,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metoque View Post
That you don't have one
kewl response
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 11:18 PM

Damn some of you sound really angry. That wasn't the intention of this topic. I just wanted to know if it was due to the number of kids, tourists, people not picking up crap, parasites, etc,

Old 08-21-2016, 11:30 PM

3,157 posts, read 2,710,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdomsDealer View Post
That's how I feel around unruly kids but G-d forbid I say that something to a parent
Parents don't let kids squat and **** in your yard or on the beach and say "oh, the tide will wash it away."

They also don't let them **** up every tree and pole on the way downtown.

The worst I've ever seen is a used diaper laying out somewhere. That's pretty gross, but I see dog **** bags left out all over the place. In the gutter, on lawns, on curbs, in parks, on the beach, or just tossed in an arroyo! Imagine if each one of those was a dirty diaper!

Old 08-21-2016, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Parents don't let kids squat and **** in your yard or on the beach and say "oh, the tide will wash it away."

They also don't let them **** up every tree and pole on the way downtown.

The worst I've ever seen is a used diaper laying out somewhere. That's pretty gross, but I see dog **** bags left out all over the place. In the gutter, on lawns, on curbs, in parks, on the beach, or just tossed in an arroyo! Imagine if each one of those was a dirty diaper!
They certainly let kids run around wild. I see that all the time, but awwww it's a little kid so it's cute.

I've seen used diapers all the time (oddly enough....) in discount stores like Ross, Marshall's, and TJ Max. WTF? They couldn't go to the bathroom and change diapers there?

Old 08-21-2016, 11:53 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,572,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You are not looking hard enough. Everyone drags their dog down to the grass before light so no one sees them. They put enough effort into it that I can't believe they don't pick up afterwards.
I'm talking about on the beach itself. Never seen it once in the sand.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I'm talking about on the beach itself. Never seen it once in the sand.
I agree with you but I've only really "looked" for it when I was at Dog Beach in OB. I have gone many times and haven't seen people just leave crap in the sand.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
I think dogs on beaches is disgusting. And I am a huge dog lover. I mean..how can you think that is sanitary? No way people will pick up after their dog all the time..and pick up WELL..after their dog. And what about pee? How do you pick that up?

Whyyyyy do people just NEED to bring their dog on a beach that people use. Uggh.
Really? Pee on the beach? If you have a dog and a house, it's pissed in your backyard tens of thousands of times. You've traipsed over dog urine way more at your own house than at the beach.

If you're squeamish about what's at the beach, not allowing dogs to go on them doesn't change anything. The amount of seagull crap dwarfs anything that dogs do on a beach, whether picked up or not.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdomsDealer View Post
I agree with you but I've only really "looked" for it when I was at Dog Beach in OB. I have gone many times and haven't seen people just leave crap in the sand.
I've seen people not pick up on Fiesta Island (on the island itself, not the beaches), but not in PB nor at the part of Coronado's beach that allows dogs.

In the meantime, I've seen tons of beachgoers leave their trash on the beach when they're done for the day.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I've seen people not pick up on Fiesta Island (on the island itself, not the beaches), but not in PB nor at the part of Coronado's beach that allows dogs.

In the meantime, I've seen tons of beachgoers leave their trash on the beach when they're done for the day. :think:
That pisses me off more than dog crap. I hate when huge families have these family gathering BBQs in the park by me and leave all their Taki bags and that nasty Mexican orange punch thing and cups behind. I see those items regularly left on tables and on the ground.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:01 AM

27 posts, read 176,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Lol, this reminded me of when I lived in Newport Beach and watched a mother wash her baby's diaper out in the ocean....I stayed out of the water for a few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego