Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 05:49 PM

987 posts, read 781,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern Stimulus View Post
So you’re saying we’re all supposed to be some anti-social freaks the entire car ride just because YOU think it’ll “speed the flow of traffic”?

I’m not changing anything, sorry but not sorry.
There was a time when cell phones did not exist, did people drive better back then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 12:07 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,263,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
There was a time when cell phones did not exist, did people drive better back then?
Absolutely. I suspect Fern Stimulus is a troll from Indio.

Old 01-06-2018, 12:13 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,263,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
It’s really not too difficult to talk and drive at the same time, people just need to stop texting.
It's one thing if you're talking to someone in the car with you.

Talking on the phone is a different matter, even on bluetooth, as the other person cannot tell if there are road hazards, upcoming traffic, or idiots around you and won't know to refrain from a probing question, dramatic exclamation, being confrontational, or demanding attention, etc.

Imagine talking to your girlfriend when she's upset and you're trying to drive in traffic. Bad mix.

Talking on the telephone in the car should only be reserved for when you're pulled over. Traffic would improve significantly.

This isn't the 1980s when people were smarter, saner, and physically healthier (thank you, processed foods and gmo's) and thus better drivers. Also, the cars themselves were less distracting then.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:02 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,435,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR13 View Post
Talking on the telephone in the car should only be reserved for when you're pulled over.
My thoughts exactly. It should be a DUI IMO.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:22 PM

987 posts, read 781,389 times
Cars drive much faster in the world we live in today compared to the 1980's. I drove a 1970 V8 Pinto Station Wagon back then. I remember hydroplaning on the 101 North near Calabasas in a rain storm, I was sober but just a kid old enough to drive.

Old 01-06-2018, 09:29 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,465,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
Cars drive much faster in the world we live in today compared to the 1980's. I drove a 1970 V8 Pinto Station Wagon back then. I remember hydroplaning on the 101 North near Calabasas in a rain storm, I was sober but just a kid old enough to drive.
Good thing you weren’t rear ended. Oh the memories of sitting in the back of my Aunt’s not realizing I was inches from blowing up.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:51 AM

1,082 posts, read 834,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Saw some horn happy morons today expecting me to run over peds in a crosswalk so they could make the light. Ya, they got the finger. Dipshirts that can't manage their own lives. Whatever.
How did I miss this? But yes, this is exactly what I was talking about. The middle finger=the proverbial hood punch. Same same....

Old 01-07-2018, 09:27 AM

7,415 posts, read 6,576,815 times
Maybe they weren't honking at you..maybe they were honking at the daydreaming pedestrians who weren't paying attention to the traffic signal and were crossing or already in an intersection when they shouldn't have been (sounds like you and the car behind you had the green light, not the jaywalking pedestrians)...not saying you should have run the pedestrians over either--but traffic laws apply to pedestrians as much as they apply to motorists and bicyclists. ...a couple of my friends received jaywalking tickets in downtown...and when I have been in the situation of jaywalking when I am in an intersection with a car approaching, I tend to move my ass a little faster--be it cities or rural Missouri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Saw some horn happy morons today expecting me to run over peds in a crosswalk so they could make the light. Ya, they got the finger. Dipshirts that can't manage their own lives. Whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR13 View Post
You mean the sloth-like pedestrians who can't be bothered to put forth any effort into crossing, right?

Last edited by elchevere; 01-07-2018 at 10:24 AM..

Old 01-07-2018, 02:24 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,661,007 times
OK, this is getting out of hand. Today, I saw another guy stop at a red light and then - after stopping and looking around - just drive right through the light as if the red light didn't apply to him.

That's 8 or 9 times now in the last year that I've seen this happen.

It's just nuts! I hate red light cameras, but I'm starting to see why they may be a good idea.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:40 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,486,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
OK, this is getting out of hand. Today, I saw another guy stop at a red light and then - after stopping and looking around - just drive right through the light as if the red light didn't apply to him.

Just out of curiousity, do you think he was in any danger? Not excusing the move, but sometimes there isn't another car in a mile radius and I'll get stuck at a light. Sometimes it seems traffic signals are programmed to impede traffic flow not enhance it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego