Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 06:06 PM

50,356 posts, read 47,099,157 times

Advertisements

I had to ride down to inspect the insanity. By noon it was 90% stupid on steroids. People already trying to park where they will get towed and yelling at cops their friends are in closed lots. What a bunch of kooks and entitled dipshirts. Happy 4th to everyone sane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 10:21 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,943,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I had to ride down to inspect the insanity. By noon it was 90% stupid on steroids. People already trying to park where they will get towed and yelling at cops their friends are in closed lots. What a bunch of kooks and entitled dipshirts. Happy 4th to everyone sane.
I did Mission Beach on the 4th weekend ~10 years ago or so and mistake as traffic but I was at least smart to know of the parking lot at South MB as the main one was closed. For locals, wait until September when water warmer anyway.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:15 AM

1,082 posts, read 834,296 times
Sounds like it hasn't changed a bit. We would ride our bikes down to Oceanside Harbor along Pacific St. just to see all the kooks BBQing and then all the RVs squeezed in super tight spots at the Harbor itself. It was great entertainment to watch from a bike and not have to deal with any of it. LOL Humans gathered together in tight spots to have "fun"....WTF ever.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:18 AM

9,825 posts, read 11,560,930 times
Growing up here our famliy use to Picnic on the beach for at lease one of the holidays, 4th/Memorial/Labor day.
In and around the mid 90's it got crazy and out of control to the point it is now!
I can remember a time when you can head down to S. Mission, Mid day and still find Parking on a holiday.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:50 AM

1,082 posts, read 834,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Growing up here our famliy use to Picnic on the beach for at lease one of the holidays, 4th/Memorial/Labor day.
In and around the mid 90's it got crazy and out of control to the point it is now!
I can remember a time when you can head down to S. Mission, Mid day and still find Parking on a holiday.
Yes, these were the Golden Times of California, as I like to call them. We should start a thread on how "it used to be". I think the last remaining good times were about 2009. The summers were crazy in Oceanside and Carlsbad, but locals knew that come September, it turned into a ghost town. The lineups were empty, parking was plentiful, and it got quiet. The last time I was there in 2017, I could not find a parking space along Coast Hwy near Tamarack....in December and January. It was depressing. People power walking, Lance Armstrong wannabes, and just people everywhere. I was kinda hoping it might return to that with peopel relocating, but I think it just got worse. The summer people watching sure was fun though. I used to actually look forward to it. We'd hop on our bikes on any Saturday/Sunday and ride down to the Harbor, get a few beers at a tourist trap bar, and let the fun begin. Good times.....

Old 07-05-2018, 09:06 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,505,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
LOL Humans gathered together in tight spots to have "fun"....WTF ever.
Funny, I always make the same comment whenever I'm in Tahoe for the summer during 4th of July. All of the tourists jam packed into the popular campgrounds, tents and RVs parked 5 feet from eachother, everyone roasting smores at the same time, their neighbors and coworkers from home probably two spots down from them.... it always makes me shake my head.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:14 AM

9,527 posts, read 30,491,078 times
We went to Torrey Pines SB, north side, around 9AM, drove right in (we have an annual pass), no traffic, parking issues, plenty of room on the beach. Left around noon. Annual tradition!

Old 07-05-2018, 09:42 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,943,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
We went to Torrey Pines SB, north side, around 9AM, drove right in (we have an annual pass), no traffic, parking issues, plenty of room on the beach. Left around noon. Annual tradition!
An early start-end, Or late-start-end is always key

Old 07-05-2018, 10:44 AM

2,160 posts, read 5,856,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Game plan for most outings, including the beach on the Fourth: Get in early, have fun, get out before the masses descend.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:05 AM

587 posts, read 444,544 times
We parked in PB about 6 blocks from the beach yesterday around 10:30 just because we like to walk and see all the crazies setting up for the day. We were out of there soon after 12:00 and there was a line of cars trying to get our parking space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego