Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 04:04 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,930,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Yes, these were the Golden Times of California, as I like to call them. We should start a thread on how "it used to be". I think the last remaining good times were about 2009. The summers were crazy in Oceanside and Carlsbad, but locals knew that come September, it turned into a ghost town. The lineups were empty, parking was plentiful, and it got quiet. The last time I was there in 2017, I could not find a parking space along Coast Hwy near Tamarack....in December and January. It was depressing. People power walking, Lance Armstrong wannabes, and just people everywhere. I was kinda hoping it might return to that with peopel relocating, but I think it just got worse. The summer people watching sure was fun though. I used to actually look forward to it. We'd hop on our bikes on any Saturday/Sunday and ride down to the Harbor, get a few beers at a tourist trap bar, and let the fun begin. Good times.....
The golden times were when the Beach Boys were still in their twenties. The 90s were very much like today...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 09:27 PM

9,825 posts, read 11,571,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Yes, these were the Golden Times of California, as I like to call them. We should start a thread on how "it used to be". I think the last remaining good times were about 2009. The summers were crazy in Oceanside and Carlsbad, but locals knew that come September, it turned into a ghost town. The lineups were empty, parking was plentiful, and it got quiet. The last time I was there in 2017, I could not find a parking space along Coast Hwy near Tamarack....in December and January. It was depressing. People power walking, Lance Armstrong wannabes, and just people everywhere. I was kinda hoping it might return to that with peopel relocating, but I think it just got worse. The summer people watching sure was fun though. I used to actually look forward to it. We'd hop on our bikes on any Saturday/Sunday and ride down to the Harbor, get a few beers at a tourist trap bar, and let the fun begin. Good times.....
yep!
Different beaches in San Diego have different problems. Mission and PB problems is the college crowds.
X Games, MTV Beach house, and a few others events use to call San Diego home.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:36 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,027,838 times
There are some things I've learned throughout the years....don't go out for dinner on Valentines day, don't go out on New Years Eve, and whatever you do, don't go to the beach or fireworks on 4th of July.

When my wife and I go to the beach during the summer, we both usually take the day off midweek and go early. This year the 4th was on a weird day so i would say the whole week is going to be like the holiday.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:27 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,501,156 times
We went to the beach and fireworks. Walked about 20 mins from our house to a bench on the east side of Lake Murray. Fireworks almost directly overhead. F**king suburban paradise over here.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:29 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,501,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
Game plan for most outings, including the beach on the Fourth: Get in early, have fun, get out before the masses descend.
locals only brahj

Old 07-06-2018, 07:32 AM

50,432 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo42 View Post
There are some things I've learned throughout the years....don't go out for dinner on Valentines day, don't go out on New Years Eve, and whatever you do, don't go to the beach or fireworks on 4th of July.

When my wife and I go to the beach during the summer, we both usually take the day off midweek and go early. This year the 4th was on a weird day so i would say the whole week is going to be like the holiday.
Add don't go to a recycling center on the 5th

Freakin mad house of homeless.

Old 07-06-2018, 09:30 AM

9,825 posts, read 11,571,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Add don't go to a recycling center on the 5th

Freakin mad house of homeless.
Which reminds me, i have about 12 bags of beer cans in my garage i have to recycle this weekend

Old 07-06-2018, 09:44 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,038,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo42 View Post

I usually go after work, arriving at the beach at 5:30-6 in the afternoon when everyone is leaving. Swimming at sunset is divine!

Old 07-06-2018, 11:32 AM

6,898 posts, read 8,948,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
I usually go after work, arriving at the beach at 5:30-6 in the afternoon when everyone is leaving. Swimming at sunset is divine!
Is that time shark prime-time, as well as early morn ?

Old 07-06-2018, 03:02 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,038,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Is that time shark prime-time, as well as early morn ?
You mean for the leopard sharks? I don't think they're out yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego