Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 11:54 PM

161 posts, read 573,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
How could you hate Coronado that much? Would you be happier being stationed at 32nd St in National City?

Coronado is a great town. Sure, it might be boring but there's nothing wrong with that. Like you said, just across the bay is San Diego and all of it's diverse neighborhoods. Could it be that you mostly see White people in Coronado because it's a White majority city?

I go to Coronado Beach alot, especially during the Summer, and it's a flat out lie that it's trashy and contaminated by sewage spills 2 weeks out of the month.

And what's wrong with Del Mar and Mission Beach?
Actually, I would be happier at 32nd. In fact, I will be moving into the new Pacific Beacon High-rise apartments on base in a few weeks, so not only will I actually get to live in a decent place for once, but since the trolley runs right by the apartments, I will be able to go out into almost any part of SD that I want to everday (accessibility not found in Coronado). Anyway, Coronado is full of nothing but stuck-up / sheltered 18-30 year-old white women who seem to think that they are princesses who deserve only the best material things in life. They also think that they are entitled to the attention that they recieve from many guys (of course, I don't pay any attention to them, no matter how pretty they are). In fact, since I' am a decent looking guy, they seem to get very irritated when I don't pay them any attention, but when I do, then they act stuck-up and or "hard to get." The women here are not worth all of the trouble and money that you have to go through just to get more than one date. For a single guy in his mid 20's, Coronado is not a great place for dating, meeting new people, or having fun. This place is really just a "wanna be" Beverly Hills type of place. Many of the tourist that come here act just as bad as the locals. Anyway, Del Mar is the same way. As for MB, the only thing that I don't like about that place is parking, beach access, and the high rate of car thefts. Other than that, if I actually had a place there, I wouldn't mind it at all. Sorry, didn't mean to write a freaking 1000 word essay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 12:29 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
YSDD; it amazes me what some people moan about.
You live somewhere a lot of people would love to live (myself included), and all you can do is whine.

Get a grip buddy - if your life is so awful, move.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:34 PM

812 posts, read 4,084,210 times
Well, it probably doesn't help that you come in with that attitude, because I still maintain that I see none of it. For all the moneyed areas in San Diego, Coronado is one of the most down to earth. Maybe I'm one of them though.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:30 PM

1,322 posts, read 4,238,441 times
Coronado is just plain beautiful, there is no arguement that can overturn that fact. but i can understand the OP's opinion. i stayed in the DEL for my honeymoon in 2007, and i found all the people in that area to be really stuck up. im 28, and very middle class. my wife and i actually felt like we didnt belong at the hotel. we were only able to stay there because family members had vacation points that they gave us for our wedding. we enjoyed the scenery, but it is very.....what is it called, "hoidy toidy". i definitely wanted to slap a couple of old rich broad in their snooty faces. but again...beautiful place. and there were some good restaurants...ie brigantines, and a 50's style diner on orange ave.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:32 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
somehow if you are a seal and white i dont think you would be doing this post dont see the result of draconian discipline in the post, and using this language well your style of writing is like many i have know in memphis. seal wanabee maybe.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:50 PM

105 posts, read 298,392 times
Coronado is beautiful.

And vapid with no substance.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:51 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,392,478 times
As a North County resident, I like going to Coronado for the day (or even a night at the Hotel Del) b/c it is isolated and feels different from the rest of San Diego. The slower pace is a plus for me, as is the nice manicured quality of it. Plus it is a great family beach. If you are looking for diversity or partying, it probably isn't the place- but I don't go there for diversity or partying. I go there to chill out.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:03 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSanDiegoDude View Post
Actually, I would be happier at 32nd. In fact, I will be moving into the new Pacific Beacon High-rise apartments on base in a few weeks, so not only will I actually get to live in a decent place for once, but since the trolley runs right by the apartments, I will be able to go out into almost any part of SD that I want to everday (accessibility not found in Coronado).
Pacific Beacon is suppose to be quite the spread. I've heard it's more like living in a college dorm than a barracks...probably funner for you.

As for Coronado, it is what it is. Thank goodness it's not a big party destination. The beauty of SD is that there are different areas ( close to each other) for everyone to enjoy. I happen to enjoy the "Pleasantville" atmosphere of Coronado when I take my small niece and nephews to the beach. Would I choose to live there? Well, yeah, if someone gave me a house there , but otherwise, I'll stay on the other side of the bay.

It's close to everything, beautiful, safe.....nothing wrong with that.

As for the Cays, that's a whole 'nother world to me. Yachts in the backyards, secluded, stuffy ...it's nice, but not my style of living.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
somehow if you are a seal and white i dont think you would be doing this post dont see the result of draconian discipline in the post, and using this language well your style of writing is like many i have know in memphis. seal wanabee maybe.
You are right, I' am not a seal, nor do I EVER WANT be a seal. I do work on the SEAL base, but only as a staff member (a.k.a non-SEAL). There is plenty of cocky attitudes in the SEAL community, and that is also part of the reason why I can't stand it out here. No worries though. I will be moving into a decent place across the bay soon, and I will comletely forget about this place, since I will be too busy enjoying life in the city. By the way, I don't see where you are getting the whole "language style" thing. You sound like you never got higher than a "F" in English class. Also, I' am from the midwest, but I never lived anywhere near Memphis. However, you shouldn't insult people from Memphis or other parts of the country just because they might "talk or write differently." I have actually met some pretty smart people from that part of the country, and they were alot more intelligent than some of the rich bafoons that I have meet here in Coronado.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
YSDD; it amazes me what some people moan about.
You live somewhere a lot of people would love to live (myself included), and all you can do is whine.

Get a grip buddy - if your life is so awful, move.
Well, if you were to take all of the people out of Coronado (including the tourists) and replace them with normal, everyday people from SD, then this place would be heaven and I wouldn't be "whinning" as you put it. I definitely agree that Coronado is very nice, but the people are anything but (btw, I don't give them a reason to be unfriendly, they just are). Most people in Coronado think that they are better than everyone else, and if you don't see that, then you are either blind, or a frequent tourists from another well-to-do area who has the same exact attitude. Also, I don't live in a small and overpriced apartment on Orange Ave. or any of the 4 million dollar shanties by the beach. I live in old WWII style quarters on the base that are anything but luxurious. Oh and don't worry, I will be moving soon, so you won't have to worry about me bashing the pretentious tourist Disneyland that you seem to love so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego