Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 02:39 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,931,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
I've had the red light camera flash at Camino Del Rio & Qualcomm Way go off on me (and plenty of others--I've seen it practically every time I'm at the intersection. At first it freaked me out a bit, but it's been about a year and no ticket. I wouldn't worry.
I forgot to add that it when off on me (and others) when I was going through the intersection on a green light, or making a right turn on red which it is legal to do there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 04:31 PM
bpw

1 posts, read 1,763 times
I got a ticket turning right on a red light failing to come to a complete stop before turning in Escondido CA. $575!!!!! The punishment does not fit the crime!!!! I am outraged and devastated by the high fines. I will plead my case in court and have called our legislator to push for a bill to make changes. This is a pure money maker for the cities and devastating for individuals and families in this economy. I call on everybody to call their elected officials to demand a change on this citations.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:43 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,579,562 times
[quote=cruitr;13431512]PhotoBlocker does work very well. I cannot take a pic of my license plate from any angle using a flash camera and read the license number.

However, PhotoBlocker does appear to be illegal in CA as of 2007:
Biker News: PhotoBlocker Spray Now Illegal in California[/quote

Why do all this illegal stuff when all you need to do "LEGALLY" is if you get a ticket read what it says on The bottom of the ticket (c.p.c.853.9,) (code 40513,) and with a little research you will find (c.p.c. 740.) Your rights , their laws and rules that you have a right to request a VERIFIED COMPLAINT be filed ! that's all . Now the fun begins because they (the cops) can't comply with this constitutional demand and the Judge has to dismiss the action Want more info then DM me and I will respond . NEVER pay another ticket, don't need to hire a n Attorney , You can do it all your self ( and Safely too). And its all FREE!

Old 03-31-2011, 05:15 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
If you get a notice from some agency in Scottsdale, AZ, just ignore the thing. If it comes from the courts in SD County, that's when you're screwed. By answering the other letter, you're indicting yourself. Don't do it.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:19 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,340,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Mythbusters proved that not only are these products illegal, but they don't work either.

Mythbusters fail to foil the speed camera — Autoblog
it is weird they would be illegal if they did not work. I am not doubting what you are saying, just commenting

Old 03-31-2011, 05:26 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,385,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelandgal View Post
it is weird they would be illegal if they did not work. I am not doubting what you are saying, just commenting
Yeah, if you go to their website it shows some local news show that tested it and it looks like indeed it works. Also, typically cities and municipalities aren't going to take the time to make it illegal unless it's effective and they are losing tax revenue....

It looks like the product works as I was reading that San Francisco loses over $1 million a year on lost revenue..... so obviously the stuff works...

Old 03-31-2011, 07:00 PM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
Yeah, if you go to their website it shows some local news show that tested it and it looks like indeed it works. Also, typically cities and municipalities aren't going to take the time to make it illegal unless it's effective and they are losing tax revenue....

It looks like the product works as I was reading that San Francisco loses over $1 million a year on lost revenue..... so obviously the stuff works...
You get pulled over and it appears you've doctored your plates you will have a huge monkey on your back.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:40 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,340,069 times
Not to be prude, but people really should not be running red lights so much you need to alter you plates. Speed cameras I am willing to debate. I once got a speed camera ticket going 35 in a 25 on a 6 lane industrial wasteland area....no kids or other pedestrians. Running red lights kills more than speeding in an industrial area IMO.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:58 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,990,816 times
Red light cameras probably cause more accidents than they prevent. People slamming on their brakes and then getting rear ended. Plus, half of the red light camera's in SD aren't calibrated correctly, and go off when you're making a right turn.

In response to my original post (last year about this time), I never got a ticket for that incident

Boy does time go by quickly....

Old 03-31-2011, 09:15 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,484,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
Red light cameras probably cause more accidents than they prevent. People slamming on their brakes and then getting rear ended. Plus, half of the red light camera's in SD aren't calibrated correctly, and go off when you're making a right turn.

In response to my original post (last year about this time), I never got a ticket for that incident

Boy does time go by quickly....

Why the need to slam on the brakes? I don't, but then again I'm a DEFENSIVE driver and am actually paying attention when I come up to a stale green light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego