Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 05:36 PM

33 posts, read 74,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
Where exactly do you live? Dating is dating.
In the Mission. But I've lived in North Beach and the Lower Haight before. I'm looking to move again - not sure where.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 06:11 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,698,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrute View Post
In the Mission. But I've lived in North Beach and the Lower Haight before. I'm looking to move again - not sure where.
No, silly, where in the Midwest did you live that dating was so different?
You see a girl, you talk to the girl, you ask her out.... or she does the same with you. How much variation on the theme can you have?

Old 04-02-2012, 06:16 PM

2 posts, read 3,451 times
Shrute-

You work in fashion photography, right? What about meeting up with some of the models you work with?

Old 04-02-2012, 06:25 PM

218 posts, read 483,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
People are pretty much the same whether they live in the City or live in an affluent suburb. I currently live in an affluent suburb (am a SF native) yet most of the folks that I've met in my affluent suburb are also San Francisco/Oakland natives.

It's where we tend to move now because the city has become so full of folks like NYCtoSF or people with chips on their shoulders after the arrive.

What you fail to realize is that 90% of the people you meet now in San Francisco are actually FROM the burbs or out of STATE just like you. What actually defines the natives from the newcomers is the air of superiority that so many newcomers create so they can feel special about living in the City and not the burbs. It's an insecurity that natives don't don't have.

When I was growing up, "bridge and tunnel" crowd solely meant the folks that had to commute into the City for their jobs... then all left around the same time (making the financial district a ghost town) it had nothing to do with some perceived behavior or dress.

I am also quite unclear how you can know where someone lives or where they are from just by looking at their style of dress or behavior. I know you meant well, but you needed to be taught about making silly assumptions.
You sound really bitter and mad to be honest.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
No, silly, where in the Midwest did you live that dating was so different?
You see a girl, you talk to the girl, you ask her out.... or she does the same with you. How much variation on the theme can you have?
Oh, I grew up in Minnesota. I don't know, I was in a small town where you ask someone out, they go with you. You hold the door open, buy everything. If you really like her then you get her a flower. The second date you do something fun, etc. Out here girls want to pay for half. They look at getting a flower like its crazy and everybody does coffee. I don't know it just seems a bit different but maybe its me

Old 04-02-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecesf View Post
Shrute-

You work in fashion photography, right? What about meeting up with some of the models you work with?
It is not my full time job. I've done it in the Midwest with Corporate pictures. Out here you have to hire MUA, get permits, etc. It's a bit more of a production than an experience so I don't have the time.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:42 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,698,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrute View Post
Oh, I grew up in Minnesota. I don't know, I was in a small town where you ask someone out, they go with you. You hold the door open, buy everything. If you really like her then you get her a flower. The second date you do something fun, etc. Out here girls want to pay for half. They look at getting a flower like its crazy and everybody does coffee. I don't know it just seems a bit different but maybe its me

Opie? Is that you?

Old 04-02-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Opie? Is that you?
Hahaha. Thanks

Old 04-02-2012, 11:43 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,011,513 times
First thing, don't ask for dating advice on the internet.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:43 AM

hahaha, I was just asking where all the single girls were
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland