Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 03:40 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
Why should it be the other way around? People in general are much friendlier in LA compared to SF and overall LA has a much more positive vibe!
I agree LA people are much nicer in general (and more genuinely interesting) but notice that the less beautiful woman is the more "nice" they tend to be. That is just not my experience in SF. It is the opposite an L.A. It's weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 03:47 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Curious, most of the girls I met in SF are very nice. There are exceptions of course but by and large, friendly. Couple of weeks ago I was cleaning out my garage and this three girls happened to walk by and one of them started a conversation with me and we just started chatting. Can't get more friendlier than that.

LA girls are friendly too.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:49 PM

791 posts, read 1,434,157 times
Default I could'nt stand them, either

Thank God I don't live there anymore.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:55 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
I recently went down to L.A. And immediately noticed how much nicer the women are compared to S.F. and the general bay area. They are also far more attractive on average. It doesn't make any sense, shouldn't it be the other way around?

I then noticed a yelp thread talking about pretty much the same thing.

Reasons why you have LA | San Francisco | Yelp

Just an observation.
hahaha it's funny because my friends and I joke about that a lot. The women in LA are so much nicer and beautiful, but they are stupid. I don't think intelligence is that important when it comes to women as long as they aren't ignorant or close-minded. I'd rather have a beautiful/friendly dumb girl that is open to learn about cultures etc vs a ugly/snobby smart girl that thinks she knows everything. All the cool girls I've met in San Francisco are either here on internships or recently moved here from elsewhere. I think it's because they are more educated and have high paying jobs, so caring about looks etc isn't as important because they have money. Maybe? lol.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:59 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Well, women in the Bay Area tend to be better educated, make more money and are probably less inclined to give losers the time of day.

Just saying....

Old 07-19-2012, 04:12 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Well, women in the Bay Area tend to be better educated, make more money and are probably less inclined to give losers the time of day.

Just saying....
The problem is is that they're not generally as attractive as LA girls. Only in SF do ugly girls have the luxury of turning down the decent guys.

lol

Old 07-19-2012, 04:28 PM

1,017 posts, read 2,497,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french paris View Post
And if she is beautiful ,its harder, isn't it ?

Yeah they're stuck up.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:43 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,093,452 times
I think we've got a good bit of overgeneralization and stereotyping here. I've met and worked with a lot of beautiful desirable women who have been very friendly. I've also met a good number of stuck up women but I don't think this applies to all of them or even the majority. I will say that since subconsciously we tend to be attracted to the same type of people it could be possible that you're simply going for the same type of girl without realizing it. I have a female friend who is consistently going out with guys who seem to have the same negative characteristics and I keep telling her it has nothing to do with luck and more to do with the types of guys she's attracted to.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:00 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,506,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Just saying....
The problem with this is that sometimes such women want to be worshiped for having such capabilities when put aside a guy of equal or more achievement ..

Guy w/ education + makes money .. Girl sentiment : Meh', .. k, you're a guy who has his **** together.. what guy doesn't.
Girl w/ education + makes money .. Girl sentiment : Worship my feet i'm amazing.

Maybe it's just supply/demand at work.. and the market's premium valuation of a the combination of woman + educated + makes money has gone to some of their heads

The hilarious thing is that it's 2012 and all... Equality of men/women .. Yet, many such women w/ education/job/money don't give guys w/ equal/less the time of day.. They are as you said so quickly : losers.

Whereas, men in past would quite often 'take care' of the home/household and be comfortable w/ being the bread winner.

As a whole though, this makes for what one would expect in the statistics in the valley of educated/monied women.. A bunch of unmarried middle age women who have been ran through 50 ways to sunday by the so-called non-losers. White guys have a field day among the Asian girls looking for that perfect wealthy blonde tall white guy .... A bunch of my boys are savages. I wont venture into my own personal experiences.

The dating scene for men, if you're not a 'loser' in the valley, is awesome as a result.
I consider it more of a zoo though which is why I am happy to have finally found an intelligent and beautiful woman to be with..

P.S - She's not from SF/the bay .. Really got tired of dealing w/ the egos found in many of the women here.

Hint : When a man already has success/money for years and years, he's not going to praise you for being a woman who does to. Equal treatment and respect matter most of all. The #1 thing I care about is intelligence, respect, honesty, commitment, and love .. I have money to take care of the family. If a woman does to, that's great but not required. It's funny as you don't find women in the bay area often w/ equal sentiment ... I dare say it has to do w/ the bay area being packed w/ a lot of immigrants (1st/2nd) who value ascension more than anything.. They want to forge a power couple and live like celebrities... Impress the parents/family back home.. Exotic vacations to the edge of the world that they read about in magazines... Which is most probably why those types get dogged out so much on their path to 'reality'.

Such is life. There's something for everybody. Even the losers.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:05 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Why are the women in SF so unfriendly TO ME ?
That's better. And I don't know. What's wrong with you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland