Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 03:38 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,011,513 times

Advertisements

Wow. So this guy gets a prostitute, so he deserves to get killed by Oakland gang members?

Old 01-21-2013, 03:47 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
Wow. So this guy gets a prostitute, so he deserves to get killed by Oakland gang members?

i was refuting your point that gang violence intersects the lives of law abiding citizens. this was not an example of that

----gangs
HOs___ drugs
----pimps

it's like the circle of life

to think you can be involved in illicit activity like drugs or HOs and not run into hardcore criminals at some point is stupid

Old 01-21-2013, 03:47 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
Risky behaviors increase your risk of being a victim of a crime. As does engaging in illegal activities.

Obviously, this isn't the case in every crime, but there are reasonable precautions you can take if they are available to you. For example, avoiding street prostitutes could be a good place to start.

Generally speaking, members of gangs, mobsters, participants in organized crimes, and smaller groups (turfs) tend to deal with a few sets of illicit activities: drugs, prostitution and weapons. This is true in the "inner city," "sin city," and "Atlantic City."

Old 01-22-2013, 02:31 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Risky behaviors increase your risk of being a victim of a crime. As does engaging in illegal activities.
Basically. None of this should come as a surprise to anyone.

When you commit a crime with a criminal, chances are they have friends.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:21 AM

63 posts, read 149,371 times
Ever since I heard of the Kumra case something seemed odd about it. It was apparent from the beginning that there was more to this than "innocent successful rich guy gets killed by big bad black people".

This news article from earlier this month touches on "shady business dealings and a sham divorce" he was involved in, among other things.

Details surface about victim in Monte Sereno home-invasion... | www.ktvu.com

Although I guess some people will insist that he was a saint simply because he's one of the rare Bay Area homicide victims that's not a low income black or brown youth. Had he been a black kid in East Oakland no one would have even heard about this case, sorta like how no one heard about the young latina woman who was murdered in East Oakland the same day that the two white girls were killed...

Old 01-23-2013, 11:09 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
I read somewhere that his business partner essentially said this couldn't have happened to a better guy. When a business partner, with whom you've made boatloads of money says that -- you must be a piece of work.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:16 AM

2,518 posts, read 4,011,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I read somewhere that his business partner essentially said this couldn't have happened to a better guy. When a business partner, with whom you've made boatloads of money says that -- you must be a piece of work.
Wow. That's some venom.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

Yeah I recall reading that as well.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thugocracy View Post
Ever since I heard of the Kumra case something seemed odd about it. It was apparent from the beginning that there was more to this than "innocent successful rich guy gets killed by big bad black people".

This news article from earlier this month touches on "shady business dealings and a sham divorce" he was involved in, among other things.

Details surface about victim in Monte Sereno home-invasion... | www.ktvu.com

Although I guess some people will insist that he was a saint simply because he's one of the rare Bay Area homicide victims that's not a low income black or brown youth. Had he been a black kid in East Oakland no one would have even heard about this case, sorta like how no one heard about the young latina woman who was murdered in East Oakland the same day that the two white girls were killed...
Yeah there was definitely a lot more to this guy. If he was an upstanding philanthropist it would have been splashed all over the news more than it was.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
no one is justifying his murder.
He literally invited trouble into his life and paid dearly for it. A lesson for all to learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland