Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2013, 12:17 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,010,977 times

Advertisements

The only people who think Bay Area rush hour "isn't that bad" exist on City-Data solely to perpetuate that myth, all 1-2 of them.

The rest of us 7 million Bay Area residents know Bay Area rush hour really sucks.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:20 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,715,308 times
I remain of the opinion that all rush-hour commutes suck by definition.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:21 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
The only people who think Bay Area rush hour "isn't that bad" exist on City-Data solely to perpetuate that myth, all 1-2 of them.

The rest of us 7 million Bay Area residents know Bay Area rush hour really sucks.
1. I drive in it everyday. I get to my destination roughly 15-20 minutes later than I normally would if it weren't rush hour. That's pretty tame. That's also if I make no concessions and don't alter my schedule at all. If I choose to, I can leave earlier and make it to work quicker than a normal day.

2. You're not a Bay Area resident. You live in Long Beach, CA.

3. Stop being such a whiner. Yeah, rush hour almost anywhere sucks. I spent many years in Cleveland, Ohio, and the rush hour traffic going from I-480 to I-271 was a circus. Rush hour just plain sucks. Relax and listen to Car Talk on NPR and move on with your life. =) You'd think you'd be used to bad traffic down there in SoCal.

4. Even if Bay Area rush hour was the worst rush hour in the entire world, you still used data that didn't support your thesis. You're simply uneducated when it comes to interpreting statistical data. That's not my fault.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
I remain of the opinion that all rush-hour commutes suck by definition.
No way. Parti can borrow his dad's Studebaker and make it to his job at Walmart in Concord in 4 minutes flat. Traffic is awesome in the Bay Area because of BART, AC Transit, and MUNI, all of which are technological marvels without flaw.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
No way. Parti can borrow his dad's Studebaker and make it to his job at Walmart in Concord in 4 minutes flat. Traffic is awesome in the Bay Area because of BART, AC Transit, and MUNI, all of which are technological marvels without flaw.
Dat's not much of a "rush-hour commute" now is it.

Parti spends the rest of his life partying like a rockstar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbM6CNbxV2I

Yo hablo espanol un poquito. No hablo Francais...

Old 03-08-2013, 12:46 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times
Quote:
I find this offensive for a whole slew of reasons. At least attack me for things I say that have some bearing in reality. I'm a grown man, never lived in Concord, and have never worked at a Walmart. I'm a professional and as a note, I also don't take BART and my drive is often times quite extensive.

We do know, however, that your reading comprehension isn't nearly as sharp, that you live in Southern California, and that you're simply uneducated when it comes to interpreting statistics. You're still unable to defend your position unless it's to google where local WalMarts might be located. Hilariously, I don't even think there is a Walmart in Concord. Yeah, there's not. But, then again, you don't even live in the Bay Area, so how would you know?

Old 03-08-2013, 12:50 PM

He didn't attack you. He divided his argument to respond to what I said. /shrug

Old 03-08-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
He didn't attack you. He divided his argument to respond to what I said. /shrug
Yeah I was just making up some imaginary scenario to make a point, not really an attack...

I think Walmart is a fine place to work, especially with such high unemployment in Oakland, many would be completely happy working there. Not sure why that's offensive. People are sensitive on City-data.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:25 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,552,147 times
This thread is hilarious, people are doing backflips to "prove" that traffic is actually worse in LA. The question is totally subjective anyway.

I will say this: to the people who claim Bay Area traffic is only bad during rush "hour", I have sat in stop-and-go in Silicon Valley as early as 5:30 AM and as late as 10:30 AM, as early as 2:30 PM and as late as 8:00 PM. So at least be honest and call it rush-10-hours.

And to the person who sat in LA traffic at midnight, I've crawled in stop-and-go over the Bay Bridge at 2:00 AM.

As always, YMMV.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:32 PM

2,106 posts, read 5,788,257 times
I've commuted to and from the east bay to SV for years and my commute has never been more than around 40 minutes. If you want to see some truly awful traffic, try driving anywhere along the Northeast corridor. I did that about 4 years ago and it makes Bay Area traffic look like cake: The cars were simply stopped. It took us 3 hours to get through DC alone. Oh- and LA? Its also really, really bad. as In standstill traffic for miles and miles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland