Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 09:07 PM

343 posts, read 692,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post

Are you trying to say that Rockridge, Montclair, and Claremont aren't part of Oakland?

You mean the same reason that rich people all over the world distinguish themselves from the lower classes?
Can you be more obvious? Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 09:21 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,687,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramedud View Post
Congratulations, but the same can be said about any city. The best things sell themselves, but Oakland is definitely not one of those things.
Oakland has been doing a great job of selling itself... vacancy is near zero and new businesses are popping up everywhere...

A 40 million dollar renovation was just completed to a retail center in East Oakland... restaurants are opening up with a regional draw.

People are voting with dollars investing in Oakland and the pace at which Oakland Real Estate is selling bears this out.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:21 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,240,104 times
Quote:
Can you be more obvious? Lol
So you are saying that that Rockridge, Montclair, and Claremont aren't part of Oakland?

Old 07-28-2015, 11:18 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,280,262 times
He has no point, honestly. He thinks Rockridge is some elusive "wealthy enclave" that isn't really part of Oakland. Too bad it has a frigging BART station and it's a popular shopping and dining district enjoyed by basically everybody. LOL

Old 07-28-2015, 11:59 PM

Quote:
So you are saying that that Rockridge, Montclair, and Claremont aren't part of Oakland?
I know California is 46 in the nation on education spending, but I had no clue literacy was this bad. Lol

If you can in fact read, yes that is what I said. xD

Old 07-29-2015, 12:09 AM
rah

Quote:
I know California is 46 in the nation on education spending, but I had no clue literacy was this bad. Lol

If you can in fact read, yes that is what I said. xD
I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, by assuming that I misread your post, because i didn't want to believe you're really that stupid. But I guess you are!

Just in case you're still confused: Those are Oakland neighborhoods, which means they are part of Oakland. Hope that helps.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Oakland has been doing a great job of selling itself... vacancy is near zero and new businesses are popping up everywhere...

A 40 million dollar renovation was just completed to a retail center in East Oakland... restaurants are opening up with a regional draw.

People are voting with dollars investing in Oakland and the pace at which Oakland Real Estate is selling bears this out.
No bro, I'm talking about you trying to sell anyone on Oakland, your words, not mine.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:10 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,687,353 times
Oakland is what it is... for me it is the place I call home...

http://www.city-data.com/city/Oakland-California.html

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 07-29-2015 at 12:42 AM..

Old 07-29-2015, 12:14 AM

Quote:
I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, by assuming that I misread your post, because i didn't want to believe you're really that stupid. But I guess you are!

Just in case you're still confused: Those are Oakland neighborhoods, which means they are part of Oakland. Hope that helps.
Nope, you definitely forgot to read my older posts. Literacy truly is a lost art, not surprising.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:14 AM
rah

Quote:
No bro, I'm talking about you trying to sell anyone on Oakland, your words, not mine.
Lots of people get sold on Oakland, because Oakland has a lot of good things going for it. You're welcome to believe whatever you want, but don't get surprised when people call you on your bullsh*t.

Quote:
Nope, you definitely forgot to read my older posts. Literacy truly is a lost art, not surprising.
I've read all of your posts in this thread. It's not a very long thread. You claim that a bunch of Oakland neighborhoods aren't really a part of Oakland (why, because they're wealthy? what kind of dumb sht is that?), and then you claim that Oakland has nothing good about it. Yet you're questioning my intelligence. LOL

edit: the OP was wondering where the Oakland hate is...it's right here, as usual. Talk to ramedud about it.

Last edited by rah; 07-29-2015 at 12:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland