Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 06:47 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,989,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckchats View Post
As for white guys with asisans if you notice it's always the fem guys who date the asians they need them so they can feel more like a man come east the true italians can't be bothered,
But Asian women (and most Bay Area women with any class) tend to go for LITERATE men...It's doubtful you'd fit that bill no matter your ethnicity...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 03:06 PM

157 posts, read 332,604 times
How about the fact that they mostly go for the white dudes? Almost any white dudes here?

Old 07-14-2010, 05:20 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorgrad2004 View Post
How about the fact that they mostly go for the white dudes? Almost any white dudes here?
I dated an Asian girl, and got countless numbers from attractive Asian girls. I'm black (or African American if you prefer that) and from the Bay Area. I think it has to do with proximity more so than anything else. I don't think Asian women go out of their way to date white guys, its just they are more likely to meet white males because they represent more than 35% of the male population so they are more likely to fill whatever their standards might be (good career, conversationalist, interesting personality, looks etc)

Black guys for example are only 6% of the population and not heavily concentrated in fields such as tech or engineering which are more indian/white/asian in terms of demographics. So its probably proximity and availability more so than anything else.

" You might say why do asian girls date outside their race as a higher percentage than other girls? "

Its well known that most women prefer more masculine/aggressive men according to evolutionary psychology. But there are cultural differences between different groups of men. My theory is that Asian women, given more choices in the north American environment, will choose men with more masculine traits or men who pursue them more aggressively, so maybe shyer or less aggressive asian guys are at a disadvantage in terms of getting women in North American culture.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:35 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
I dated an Asian girl, and got countless numbers from attractive Asian girls. I'm black (or African American if you prefer that) and from the Bay Area. I think it has to do with proximity more so than anything else. I don't think Asian women go out of their way to date white guys, its just they are more likely to meet white males because they represent more than 35% of the male population so they are more likely to fill whatever their standards might be (good career, conversationalist, interesting personality, looks etc)

Black guys for example are only 6% of the population and not heavily concentrated in fields such as tech or engineering which are more indian/white/asian in terms of demographics. So its probably proximity and availability more so than anything else.

" You might say why do asian girls date outside their race as a higher percentage than other girls? "

Its well known that most women prefer more masculine/aggressive men according to evolutionary psychology. But there are cultural differences between different groups of men. My theory is that Asian women, given more choices in the north American environment, will choose men with more masculine traits or men who pursue them more aggressively, so maybe shyer or less aggressive asian guys are at a disadvantage in terms of getting women in North American culture.
I've actually heard this before believe it or not. I used to run an interracial board and this explanation was given almost word for word.

Interesting view point for sure.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:50 PM

16 posts, read 62,832 times
If you know how to spot interested women and can carry a conversation you will be fine no matter what city you live in.

He who hesitates, masturbates..

Old 07-14-2010, 06:10 PM

802 posts, read 2,265,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post

I've actually heard this before believe it or not. I used to run an interracial board and this explanation was given almost word for word.

Interesting view point for sure.
Being an Asian guy, I agree with that general viewpoint. In my experience, many Asians men, especially those come from a more traditional Asian background, are more passive and, as a result, perhaps less attractive to Asian women when compared with guys who will pursue them more aggressively. My wife, who is Caucasian, has mentioned that I'm quite a bit more outgoing, forward, and direct than many of the Asian guys that she has known.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:39 AM

334 posts, read 1,067,549 times
The white guys I see with asian women in the bay area and SF in particular, always look on the thinner smaller more passive side, so they seem like a better match for a petite asian female than your typical beefy, midwestern or east coast white guy. Although it is possible these slight framed white guys still seem more aggressive toward the asian girls when compared to asian guys.

Additionally most white women tend to be attracted to taller, muscular, strong looking guys, not the slight framed smaller white guys you see w/ asians in general. My husband also thinks the white women in the bay area are much taller and bigger than most other places he has lived, and I would probably agree with him. So many times we are in an elevator or in line at Starbucks or the grocery store and the woman standing next to us is over 6 ft tall. We have gotten used to it, but it is still a trip. They are usually not dressed very feminine, but more functional to the weather in north face jackets, jeans, and tennis shoes vs. more feminine tights, mini skirt, fitted trench and knee high boots you would see on a more petite or asian woman.

Of course there are exceptions to these generalizations, but that is what I have noticed since moving up here a few years ago.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:37 AM

205 posts, read 211,414 times
Interesting even though this is an old thread. From what I've been told by Asian males and females friends of mine, the parents are more accepting of them dating whites than any other group if not Asian. Blacks are looked down upon based on stereotypes and media portrayal. Their parents tend to think Blacks are the lowest of the low, even if the kids may not feel that way. Things are changing but even in heavily diverse cities like Oakland you'll see way more Asian women with white men than Black or any other group.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:20 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,989,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by batransplant View Post
The white guys I see with asian women in the bay area and SF in particular, always look on the thinner smaller more passive side, so they seem like a better match for a petite asian female than your typical beefy, midwestern or east coast white guy. Although it is possible these slight framed white guys still seem more aggressive toward the asian girls when compared to asian guys.

Additionally most white women tend to be attracted to taller, muscular, strong looking guys, not the slight framed smaller white guys you see w/ asians in general. My husband also thinks the white women in the bay area are much taller and bigger than most other places he has lived, and I would probably agree with him. So many times we are in an elevator or in line at Starbucks or the grocery store and the woman standing next to us is over 6 ft tall. We have gotten used to it, but it is still a trip. They are usually not dressed very feminine, but more functional to the weather in north face jackets, jeans, and tennis shoes vs. more feminine tights, mini skirt, fitted trench and knee high boots you would see on a more petite or asian woman.

Of course there are exceptions to these generalizations, but that is what I have noticed since moving up here a few years ago.
Do you even read the crap that you write??

So white women are bigger and taller than the ones where you're from??

White women tend to be attracted to taller, muscular strong looking guys??

The white guys you see tend to go for thinner, smaller, passive Asian women?

You seem to spend a lot of your time pondering to most inane and pointless ideas about swaths of people. You pigeonhole, try to fit people into narrow little categories and compare people that live in Northern California to people in Southern California as if it means anything...Yes, you generalize as if you think you've got something nailed. Do I sound passive to you? You sound like an idiot to me...still.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:04 PM

334 posts, read 1,067,549 times
Clongirl,

Im just writing about my observations. It has nothing to do with you. Just ignore my posts if you don't like them instead of personally attacking me. You are very trollish in your responses on this board when you disagree with someone.

Take a chill pill and go do a yoga class. You sound like you could use one.

Namaste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland