Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2010, 01:05 PM

282 posts, read 382,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Yeah, my life sucks. Living in this ridiculous big house, and driving my red sports car to the beach really blows.
LOL just about every stereotype of California here. What's next you have the Blond Wife with big implants and toy dog. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't even live in CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 01:43 PM

527 posts, read 1,577,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
LOL just about every stereotype of California here. What's next you have the Blond Wife with big implants and toy dog. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't even live in CA.
New from Mattel: Mid-life crisis Ken comes with an arsenal of accessories, with the optional deluxe McMansion set. Suggested professions include: scientist (complemented by post-doctoral certificate accessory), real-estate agent (to dabble in occasionally when the mood strikes), jet-setting software engineer, restaurant servingperson (with apron accessory) and man of leisure (complete with Barbie wearing headscarf + Ferrari accessory set). Mid-life crisis Ken also has several catch phrases at his disposal with the touch of a button, ready to be employed with alacrity whenever the occasion arises - or has some semblance of arising - or even when the occasion doesn't suit at all. Among his peers, mid-life crisis Ken is known to decry the existence of "poor blacks" and deride entire large cities as filthy slums from the white tower of his pristine existence in a planned suburban community, which opinions are generally greeted with the éclat of a proverb.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:45 PM

282 posts, read 382,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmk1707 View Post
new from mattel: Mid-life crisis ken comes with an arsenal of accessories, with the optional deluxe mcmansion set. Suggested professions include: Scientist (complemented by post-doctoral certificate accessory), real-estate agent (to dabble in occasionally when the mood strikes), jet-setting software engineer, restaurant servingperson (with apron accessory) and man of leisure (complete with barbie wearing headscarf + ferrari accessory set). Mid-life crisis ken also has several catch phrases at his disposal with the touch of a button, ready to be employed with alacrity whenever the occasion arises - or has some semblance of arising - or even when the occasion doesn't suit at all. Among his peers, mid-life crisis ken is known to decry the existence of "poor blacks" and deride entire large cities as filthy slums from the white tower of his pristine existence in a planned suburban community, which opinions are generally greeted with the éclat of a proverb.
lol!!!

Old 06-08-2010, 07:50 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faville View Post
I don't know about church, but there are plenty of pot smokers who go to book clubs and and the gym. And pretty much everywhere else, too. WE WALK AMONG YOU!
LMAO! I'm laughing because I'm a librarian with a master's degree, who has RUN book clubs at public libraries - and I smoke pot (legally). We do walk amongst you, and don't be surprised if we're your boss too.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:54 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
There are other ways to relieve anxiety than taking a drug (legal or illegal).

How about exercise?

How about meditation?

25 Ways to Relieve Anxiety*|*How to Stop Anxiety & End Panic Attacks
I exercise and do yoga too, and find them very relaxing... unfortunately they don't kill the pain from my arthritis (in fact it makes things worse), which pot does very effectively and with few - if any - side effects. I tried prescription drugs for my pain, and they nearly killed me.

I've only read a couple pages from this LONG thread, but it seems many of you assume "potheads" only smoke pot - and do nothing productive or healthy in addition. I can't speak for everyone, but I and people I know smoke pot AND maintain a normal lifestyle... I go to work 5x/week, exercise and eat fairly well, play in a semi-professional orchestra, attend synagogue, belong to clubs, etc etc. None of that is affected by smoking a little pot, and losers are losers regardless of what substances they use (or don't use).

Old 06-08-2010, 08:00 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,633,582 times
Big Pharma doesn't want pot legalized because it'd cut into their drug profits. And their drugs kill whereas pot doesn't.

They give politicians plenty of money to make sure it stays that way.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:24 PM

1,700 posts, read 5,933,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
There are other ways to relieve anxiety than taking a drug (legal or illegal).

How about exercise?

How about meditation?

25 Ways to Relieve Anxiety*|*How to Stop Anxiety & End Panic Attacks
Yeah I'm not debating that. Just stating what a few personal acquaintances have told me they experienced. When they were approached with prescribed drugs for anxiety, they felt marijuana was a better fit for them and had the same effect.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:26 PM

1,700 posts, read 5,933,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Your post only makes sense to people who aren't lazy, and motivated to actually improve their lives. I feel it's wasted though, in this case.
You saying I'm lazy and unmotivated to improve my life?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:55 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,254,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
Hey idiot, the possible dangers affect those already very ill, I.E. AIDS Patients and Cancer Patients going through Chemo. Most people who Smoke are not dying from HIV/AIDS or Cancer. Notice the "MAY" reference, none of this has been proven it's all assumptions from one doctors point of view.

Donald P. Tashkin, MD Title: Director of the Pulmonary Function Laboratories at the University of California, Los Angeles Position: Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Should marijuana be a medical option?"
"To the Editor: You point to largely experiential evidence of the medicinal benefits of marijuana and the apparent absence of serious short-term toxicity. However, a note of caution is warranted. Although it is true that smoking marijuana carries no immediate risk of death, there may be serious adverse effects in the very patients for whom medicinal marijuana is most commonly considered (i.e., those whose immune defenses are already compromised by AIDS or cancer plus chemotherapy). For example, in patients with AIDS, marijuana use has been associated with the development of both fungal and bacterial pneumonias. Moreover, among HIV-positive persons, marijuana use has been shown to be a risk factor for rapid progression from HIV infection to AIDS and the acquisition of opportunistic infections or Kaposi's sarcoma, or both. Cellular studies and studies in animals lend support to these potential health consequences of marijuana."
You're simply uneducated about the medical debate surrounding THC.

I never said that there was conclusive evidence that Marijuana was dangerous for everyone.

I am pointing out that a great number of people can be endangered by it's use. That in itself justifies it being a heavily regulated substance like morphine, or any other strong psychoactive substance.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:57 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,254,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
LMAO! I'm laughing because I'm a librarian with a master's degree,
It says a lot that a recreational drug user can aspire to "such levels".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland