Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 02:24 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,930,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
funny how some people seem to join up just to stir up trouble, from their posts it seems they have been (and gone) here before .

same tactics .come in- throw in some provocative posts then disappear.......

for what its worth Bob B you seem to be posting some very good helpful stuff and I hope you feel welcome here

and for the OP questioning about personalities - i dont have one so i get along fine :-)

PS youse guys are gonna have to start digging the Brit sense of humour (or humor) when we arrive
Kind of like the seagulls. They fly in a crap all over everyone and leave.

Its funny how when most new Realtors post here they post their contact info, phone website etc. Then various posters point it out. Then all if a sudden I've sent all these people to gang up on them. Hmmm... interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 03:34 PM

477 posts, read 987,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Kind of like the seagulls. They fly in a crap all over everyone and leave.

Its funny how when most new Realtors post here they post their contact info, phone website etc. Then various posters point it out. Then all if a sudden I've sent all these people to gang up on them. Hmmm... interesting.
Just had one of those seagulls swipe an amazingly delectable sandwich right out of my hand the other day at Siesta. Scoundrel....I was really hungry...

Anyway, anyone who is a regular to this board can spot the troublemakers coming. SoFLGal, you know we love ya and know you are not part of some conspiracy..geesh..

For the other posters who "worry" about someone moving down here under false pretenses... Would anyone of a sound mind really move their family down here because someone on some message board told them to? There is much research and travel involved in order to make a decision like that. At least, I would hope so!

For the OP, to answer your question (good question, btw) I personally have found Sarasota to be very friendly. I also find this board to be very friendly and welcoming.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:49 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,930,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachymom View Post
Just had one of those seagulls swipe an amazingly delectable sandwich right out of my hand the other day at Siesta. Scoundrel....I was really hungry...

Anyway, anyone who is a regular to this board can spot the troublemakers coming. SoFLGal, you know we love ya and know you are not part of some conspiracy..geesh..

For the other posters who "worry" about someone moving down here under false pretenses... Would anyone of a sound mind really move their family down here because someone on some message board told them to? There is much research and travel involved in order to make a decision like that. At least, I would hope so!

For the OP, to answer your question (good question, btw) I personally have found Sarasota to be very friendly. I also find this board to be very friendly and welcoming.
You're funny Beachy! When I wrote this I was sitting on Venice Beach watching the seagulls chase my little one down the beach to take her Doritos from her.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:05 PM

169 posts, read 396,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaynesWife View Post
I wasn't really sure how to word the title of this post.
My question is-
Do you think the personalities of the posters in these forums reflects the personalities of the area?

The reason I'm asking..My family doesn't want to live in Pennsylvania anymore. We know for sure that we want to relocate to a warmer state. We have 3 areas in mind.

I've been checking out the other forums and some of the posters just seem so mean and unwelcoming. I haven't posted a lot on this board, but it seems like everyone is more than willing to give info, help with this or that, just generally friendly.

Anyway, just something I noticed and I was curious if anyone else thought the same thing. If the people representing an area aren't kind to newcomers, I don't want to move there! TIA

Am I wrong or is this post to start a war!!!

Old 11-16-2010, 04:25 PM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaa View Post
Didn't wanna say it but it did cross my mind!

Old 11-16-2010, 08:56 PM

5 posts, read 5,841 times
Summer Babe... thanks for that link to the Bel Mare info.. it was really an interesting read!!

Old 11-17-2010, 04:17 AM

65 posts, read 143,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaa View Post
I promise you, that was not my intention!! I only had good things to say about this board, it was the other locations where I saw the negative nellies. That is why I didn't mention the other locations...I didn't want anyone from there to see this thread and post here defending themselves...and create a war.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:57 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,345,973 times
I dunno...this thread is depressing.

<sigh>

Old 11-17-2010, 06:42 AM

37 posts, read 68,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
I apologize to the OP that we've gone slightly astray in this thread but, just to keep the record straight, I have no problem with anyone here. Frankly, if I ever have an opportunity to refer a Northport buyer to SoFLGal, I wouldn't hesitate to do it. Also, just for the record, the person who went after me wasn't wrong. I did miss the rule! I just took exception to his/her style and, later, his/her reported motivations.
I went back and read the thread again. I'll just say that you're a lot more forgiveing than I would be. I think you're doing a great job here and will drop the matter.

Funny part (not really) is that it seems that the OP is a agent also. She could have easily received the same treatment if she had tried to post info on the area without fully understanding the rules. (Or at least the rules as "somebodie's buddy" perceives them.) Hopefully now, it won't happen again to others.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:14 AM

810 posts, read 1,579,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I'm kind of confused here. I didn't recognize your screen name as posting in the Sarasota forum before. So I looked at your previous posts and this is your first post here. So, I'm trying to figure out how you could be attacked on the Sarasota board if this is your first post on the Sarasota area board. Are you getting the Sarasota board mixed up with another???
no, I have never posted here, but I have read this board several times and these threads are pretty common. The situation I described was in the main Florida board about Sarasota. The posters that bullied me know who they are, and I have seen them bullying other people all the time. They think they own the board. Those that advertise themselves as realtors are more professional but I think some posters here are closeted realtors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area